Masters Running

Monday, December 8 Brrrrrr Cold Runs and Such (Read 512 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks dive. I'll get up to the Sheraton with Mari at whatever time is appointed. timmy - you're such a good sport and the first time my voluntary annual winter tapering has had a tapering pal, albeit injury-based, but I'll be so sorry for you if it turns out to be 90 days that I promise to give the goddesses as many hugs for you as possible on thursday. Maybe, send out a shirtless photo and I'll try to get some kisses to send back to you. Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Tet: glad you can make it for dinner... ..about Bridle trails....already mailed my check...you know how determined I can be..but thanks for the tips...I'll try to be prepared for the worst.. Tim:...get well and sign up for Seattle R&R and we'll have another homemade lasagna dinner at my place, you can count on it ! Enke: 5 miles or 10 miles ? or may be 50K...come on.... Francesca
      Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Dave too!!!! Wow!!!! ....I'll start cooking now.. Francesca

Marathon Maniac #3309

Timmy -- pssst, I believe Lamerunner is a woman....
          Hey, gals are buddies too...ok, I feel stoopid. But with a name like Lame, I assumed a guy...ya know, most guys are Lame...that makes it all better huh? Luv Ya Lame... Red Faced Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maniac 505

Dave too!!!! Wow!!!! ....I'll start cooking now.. Francesca
            hey, don't get too in involve in the cooking! I am not italian, I will eat and drink anything. ( got any kerosene, after all, I have spent many years going to sea on ships.
            xor

What about grog?

Maniac 505

grog or glogg, I will drink either, but grog was historically supplied on British ships, but illegal on ships under the union jack. it just wasnt fair In more modern times, US ships were dry, but we could visit our neighbors in forign portsoor, and they had pubs on their merchant ships, we could be arrested for opening a beer. go figure
                wildchild

Carolyn

ps - 18 of 49 starters finished.
                  Uh oh... Francesca, what have you gotten yourself into? Shocked I think I'd go for the 10K option too. Wish I could be there for dinner on Thursday, too, sounds like a good group! TimBo, I'm wary of flying golf balls too, that's why I only will run on the golf course during carpy weather when no one is golfing. Just wondering what's happened to Tall, Roy, and SteveP... are you guys OK?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Left Ridgecrest at 5:15 a.m., and two stops for gas, two stops for food, one stop to pick up the VW, drop Dad off with all his stuff and the VW (about 20 minutes), and I finally got home at 9:00 p.m. It was a long day, but it also went by fast. Dad and I split the driving, with me making him drive once we hit 580 until we got through Santa Rosa, since we had the VW in tow. Big grin I was gonna try, but as soon as we hit 6 lanes one way, I started stressing. I had already freaked myself out 3 times by looking in the rear view mirror and seeing a car driving right up my tailgate. Roll eyes Tet - I was going to run the 50k, but my coach thought it was too much too soon after my marathon, so I talked him into letting me do the 30k. Now I have nothing but rest and recoup on the horizon, and in March I am going back to tackle the Pirates Cove 30k to see if I do better than this past March (5 hrs.). LOTS of climbing. If you like the desert, I would highly recommend the Desert High 30k or 50k. Very easy climbing, but would also recommend spending some time running in sand. My ankles are a bit sore, and I know it was from so much sand running. The last 2+ miles (at least for the 30k) is all down hill. Well, I'm off to bed. Veeery tired after a long day on the road.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Lamerunner is a woman. A fast runner woman, too! Tim, you are so funny sometimes. Second "workout" today... 40 minutes of pool running. Just about half of what Tim did, and that was enough. DH was up in the cardio room on the elliptical, then we hopped in the hot tub for a bit before running off for some Thai food before picking up DS2 from b'ball practice. This schedule is going to take some tweaking. He has practice Monday thru Friday, 6:15 to 8 pm. How are you supposed to do dinner or whatever on time with that schedule? I told him if his homework slipped or his grades went down, I'd pull him from the team in a heartbeat. After Basketball is soccer in the spring, and the schedule is even worse because it's a compressed schedule, cramming in a whole HS season into 6-8 weeks. Ugh. This get together at Franc's house is sounding like more and more fun...

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tet: glad you can make it for dinner... ..about Bridle trails....already mailed my check...you know how determined I can be..but thanks for the tips...I'll try to be prepared for the worst.. Tim:...get well and sign up for Seattle R&R and we'll have another homemade lasagna dinner at my place, you can count on it ! Enke: 5 miles or 10 miles ? or may be 50K...come on.... Francesca
                        Thanks Fran, I definitely plan on being there...if my foot ever heals up. I need to think of the weeks and weeks of training to run a decent Marathon. So I hope to be running at least by Feb 1st or before. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

He has practice Monday thru Friday, 6:15 to 8 pm. How are you supposed to do dinner or whatever on time with that schedule?
                          I hear you Erika. My dd has gymnastics three nights a week from 4pm-8pm. There is no way to work dinner into that schedule. I usually just bring her something to eat in the car on the way home. I hope your son does well - sounds like an intense practice schedule. Meg

Once a runner . . .