Masters Running

Sunday Funday 12.3.17 (Read 38 times)

Hey--for those of you not on Facebook--HermosaBoy ran a 2:42:39 at the California International Marathon, today!  Wow!

Awesome!!  Congratulations, Hermosa!!

Ended up doing 30 min of core/ST with plyometrics, which are new to the workout regimen.  Plyos - ugh.  But I know they'll be worth it. Off to shower and relax the rest of the evening ~~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

WOW!!  But not actually surprising.......Well Done!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks, Norm.  Might take you up on that, but Vandy football is uneven, at best!   Good basketball game today, though, even though Vandy didn't quite come out on top.    Horrible officiating (on both sides).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

That's a great marathon time for an old man!

4.7 @ 8:09 for me.

Nice brisk Fall day here, temps in the upper 50's when I ran.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings all.  Another lake loop at about 30F.  Also relatively quick--about 9:20 m/m.  Do have to get out of the one lap habit though.  Time to settle into an actual training plan.

Speedy folks around here .

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, drill weekend over, packed for a week long TDY (temporary duty) at Scott AFB, IL (30 miles east of St. Louis).  7 miles today, at an 8:30 pace.  Saturday I did my PT test.  Maxed it out (awesome to turn 50--the standards get easier), but couldn't quite catch my wing commander's time (he's about 10 years younger than me).  I ran a 9:25 for the 1.5 miles (after doing my pushups and situps--51 of each).

Hermosaboy, Congratulations!  Fantastic time for any age!

Have a great night everyone!

1.1 after work in scrubs -- trying to stay in the DGAFAOTH challenge!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Re: Wi Fi cutoff switch - that won't work on their phones, though...

Good point, Holly.  It would only work places like here, with no cell service...

Congrats, Hermosaboy!  Dang fast for an old dude!

Hard to believe it's December - I ran in shorts again today!  Granted, it was down in town, and not up here in the mountains but still!  I met a friend in the afternoon for a 7 mile trail run on Dinosaur Ridge (there are fossils!) , immediately followed by a group full moon run hosted by the Colorado Masters Running Association.  We ran 5.5 miles up to the top of Green Mountain (a big grassy  hill between the mountains and city) and back to the parking lot for a potluck social gathering.  I put on a jacket after dark, but it was still warm enough for shorts - mid 50s!  Here's the view from the top, looking over the city lights:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

10.5 miles with the ladies trail group this morning. 4 of us showed up for a nice run in the first snow of the year at this elevation. Started about 3000 ft. not sure what our elev change was overall though. 

Image may contain: tree, snow, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Tammy

evanflein

Wow, look at all those lights on the person on the left, what is that? Nice running with the full moon!

Hermosaboy never fails to impress. I saw that on Facebook but couldn't remember what marathon it was. Nice job, and yes at any age, but all the more impressive as a 50+ Masters runner!

Metalmancpa, how big is your property that you mow? My DH talked about getting a rider mower, but our lot is on a slope with uneven ground so I never thought it would work well. That's a very impressive mower you have there!

This weekend did warm up, but today there was a breeze from the NW that made parts of my run pretty chilly. Got in 11.2 miles done though, lots of out-and-backs to take advantage of plowed paths but we got a dusting of snow last night and it made most of my run pretty slick. I forget that a 10 mile run in the summer is not the same as a 10 mile run in the winter. Not much of a long run but hit my goal for the year today (2,000 miles, reduced from 2,400 due to injuries) and got me to 43.4 for the week.

Marathon Maniac #957

Cool pictures Carolyn and Tammy!

Erika - you are definitely right that a 10 mile run on slick surfaces is way tougher than on dry - all those stabilizer muscles get a workout too.  Congrats on making your 2000 mile goal, and a little early. I am cutting it close this year - that pace bunny is still slightly ahead...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."