Masters Running

Happy Sunday Runs - Workouts - and Resting (Read 565 times)

Renee the dog

Nono are you using a plan this time?   (training, I mean).    whole new you... we like the old existing you, but good luck.  me too. (for the millionth time) ;-). 

Well on the "whole new me' -- do you ever find yourself looking in a mirror in a dressing room, or staring at the ceiling in your bedroom and just have the thought, "This is not me anymore" ??  I realized I'm finally done with the panic of the toddler years, and my life is ready to move on...I've been hanging back, not progressing.  My fault.  Getting out of rut and all that now.  I have to do this every so often.  Getting out there and embracing my late 40s with young children! At least no one has asked me about my grandchildren yet!

Plan for training...well, just screwing around until AF Marathon & Twin Cities...testing and learning about myself.  Then, I plan to bridge from Twin Cities to Philadelphia with a chunk of a Brad Hudson plan from "Running Faster" and then from Philadelphia to Boston, I'll be back with Matt Fitzgerald...

P.S. HI Tall!  Good luck on your big decision!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

ShadowRunner, welcome.  holly and bike, nice 50K in hot conditions.  sue, that's a bummer that your foot even bothers you while mowing.  Good job on the marathon for tet (with 102 oysters), dove, econo (PR), Tammy (PR), and Laura (PR).  wannabe, that was a speedy PR in your 5K in spite of thunder and rain.  tall, it's sure good to hear from you and I'm glad to hear you are "seeing a bit of light".

Nice long runs for evan, wannabe, and mariposai.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s with a light wind and some humidity.  I got in 6 miles in about 1:10:30 for a 10:14 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

great running this weekend..........50 k's holly and tim, long runs by many and an extremely speedy 5k wannabe!!  nice job all!!

I squeezed in an easy 4.5 humid run yesterday after napping from working friday night and before heading out with friends

today went to the HIV/AIDS walk in Boston to help spread information about the retreat I'm on in a couple weeks for people affected and/or infected with the virus -- talked with lots of great people!!   

hit the gym this afternoon with my 20 yr old  for some crosstraining - 30 min on the arc trainor then the dreadmill with the incline ranging from 4.5-7.0 and mostly a 4.5 speed (13:20) trying to get some incline prep in for Mt Washington Rd Race coming up!

have a wonderful Sunday evening friends!!

denise

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Wannabe can run run run!!!!!!!!

Tim...When you got all muddy....did you have a bath??? My mom makes me have one when I have fun.

Hi Brinkley's mom!!!!

Hi Perch!!!!

My dad picked picked a bunch of wild asparagus too Posai!!!! I eated some!!!!

Careful DG....Good run run run.

Nono....My dad says "This is not me any more" when he takes his tights off and stands on the scale. His belly is great big huge and it makes him cry.

Me and Dad went run run run!!! He was very brave a didn't hardly scream like a little girl at all!!! We goed on new trails and there was all kinds of new flowers. Dad even found some fungus growing on a old dead tree. It's call "popul (sp) jack". He eated some right there and then!!! It looked like something I like to roll in.

He taked me to a great big huge cherry tree. He said he first found it when he got lost a long time ago. He was just sniffin around Mom and not even my real mom was born. He said that along time ago, loggers cutted down a whole bunch of trees but leaved this one. He showed me where the bottom was crazy big. Then where branches breaked off and a new branch started getting bigger. I peed on it.

There was something moving in the tall grass and I goed to get em get em...Then I stopped and got Dad over. I showed him a porky pine!!! I wanted to get em get em but Dad started screaming like a little girl, so I goed and helped him. We were running running for one and a half hours.....what ever that means.

I smelled like a wet dog when I was done.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Mariposai

Nice long runs for evan, wannabe, and mariposai.

TomS

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it to my idol tselbs' "list"                    today.....

all that hill running yesterday paid off  

tall, great to see you here. I wish you wisdom and guidance as you make your decision.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Good evening, all!

Tim - I'm releived to see your post at the top of the list - I was worried about you!

{{{Tom White}}}

nono - hope you are feeling better!  Best of luck with the makeover! 

Mariposai and dg - I have the perfect excuse to let DH do all of the mowing.  I did all of the mowing for years, so I'm happy to turn it over to DH - of course the only reason he likes to do the lawn now is because he can ride.  

dg - nice run this morning!!

Tall - nice to see your post - we miss you!  Hope your rehab gets you back to running!

Stumpy - I do gels or Clif Bloks for any run/race over 10 miles.  I used to abstain in training, but now do it for all longer runs.  

Avenger Doggie - you stay out of that well, and take good care of your Dad and Mom!

The foot felt good enough for a short run this morning - 5 miles on the TM @ 12:00 pace and 146 AHR.  35 minutes of core and upper body weights this afternoon.  

My strawberries are starting to get ripe - I love freshly picked strawberries.  After I started a load of bread and a batch of hamburger buns, DH and I went to the Lisbon Landing theater to see Splice today - mildly entertaining, but nothing special.  

Sleep well my friends!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Home late from NJ and still have some writing to do before school tomorrow.

Marathon training week 1 - 15 minutes short on the week's walk/run goal, but I'm OK with that.  Legs feeling fine.  Lots of stretching and abs work.  Started the week with 2 blissful hours kayaking.

Managed to avoid stressing over pace, distance, or how much more I have to run next week, and the next week, and the next week, etc.  Also managing to remember that the marathon is a means to an end - health, happiness, and a smokin' hot bod - not an end in and of itself.   Wink

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Stumpy, in a half I usually take in about two cups of gatorade, or two cups of water with one gu.  You don't need more than that carb-wise, and you might get by with just one drink of something.  If it is really hot, I have no idea how much water you should drink.

Birthday party at the pool with a bunch of crazy 8 year old girls.  I can't believe what my daughter said about "boy parts" in the changeroom.  Trouble maker!  Then they were totally crazy in the party room after, and she was most ungracious not sharing her balloons with anyone.  Sigh!

4 miles in 63F, overcast but must have been near 100% humidity as I had a hard time of it.  I know you are all laughing at that (except mariposai).  Maybe I just don't sweat much.  Beet red face at the end and took forever to cool down.  It could be this cold/cough affecting me more than I realize.  Only 10 miles total last week. Bleh.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I look my best blurry!

Wow, you all impress me. We are a busy bunch.  I've been lurking and I'll try to jump on board a bit more.  Thanks to all my well wishers.  

Kristen

Boy, looks like I need to read yesterday's daily more thoroughly.  I've only been able to skim it so far.  But Tim and Holly survived, and Tammy got a PR.  Woo hoo!

An Avenger Doggie sighting.  Always a favorite of mine.  Tag - stay away from those porcupines.  They don't know how to play nicely.

Stumpy - I'd play around with the fuel intake and see what works for you, although if you do take in some, you shouldn't need much.  A bowl of oatmeal a couple of hours before will go a long way toward fueling your run.

Enke - 63 and 100% humidity - we get that around here, too.  And although it's not like what the folks other places deal with, when you're not used to it, it's tough.

Tom W. - Kinesio tape works really well.  Unfortunately, I only use it for blister prevention and don't know how to tape for support, but you should be able to find examples on the Internet.

I've had a busy weekend.  Three legal secretary chicks ladies who I've made friends with at all the conferences I go to came up to visit me and my compadres.  Between work, running, and visiting, I've been on the go since Friday late afternoon.  Anyway, managed 17.5 trail miles yesterday in what is considered humid temps for us, and 9.5 miles early this a.m.  Note to self - Do not eat sushi the night before a long run after a long day that included an even longer run.

Yesterday's trail run went a lot better than last week's, but I was still really pooped at the end. Makes me not want to take anymore extended breaks.  Getting back up to speed is a PITA.  Although, I ate and hydrated really well, stayed on top of my salt, and never got nauseous.  Yea!

Today went about as I expected.  The last couple of miles I slowed down quite a bit.  Was starving when I got up, so took a chocolate donut with me and ate it over a couple of breaks.  300 easy, tasty calories.  Yum!

Have a good one, folks -

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance