Masters Running

Monday, 3.28.16 (Read 41 times)

This is a picture taken on the trails I ran in my brother in law's subdivision in Scottsdale, AZ.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

And Stumpy comes from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, situated right next to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. (Which wasn't there when I went) So will be all Orange for me for the next week.

And Mike E went to Dunwoody Institute...which is nowhere near Syracuse...but I do like oranges.  (Sorry--I just wanted to refer to myself in the third person, and this was my chance...I don't think I'll ever do it again)

I went 6 miles, tonight...still not feeling well.  I never want to have another cold without Puffs...the brand I've been using is like sandpaper.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Mike E not sure what is going on, but my DW and I seem to have both come down ill as well.

Last night's dinner was a big hit. Hardly any leftovers. Best of all the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club hit the 7 member mark when one of my guests signed up!  enkephalin I just want to point out, they still have flights from Seattle to the east coast! Plus, you and mariposai can fly out together. Last year you did an out and back. This year stay a spell! You would be welcome to hang out at the Twocat house. Just a thought.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Great marathon, Amy.  Sad to see that the bridge bothered so much that you only won your AG by 1:15 or so.    Of course, I would have been ecstatic to have the runner's up time.

Well said!

Cute new kitty, LaT.  Should drag the FB picture over here, too.

Alas - I forget how to post a pic here

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Beautiful picture, Tselbs.  My in-laws winter in Yuma, AZ.  I love the desert. AZ got some extra rain this year, didn't it?  I imagine there's gonna be some beautiful desert flowers blooming.

And do you all know why tissues irritate your nose?  The wood fibers.  I'm a bit of a tissue connoiseur, given my allergy issues.  Coscto brand sucks.  Kleenex brand wins every time.

I have so much transcription on my plate right now  - - - ack!!!! And that's about all the energy I have for it at the moment.

Night, all ~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nice picture of the trail in Scottsdale, Tom. I haven't been to Arizona in a long time. Sorry about your pain for toe, stumpy, In an certainly relate. I take Relafen and it seems to help with the inflammation. Tomwhite, I hope yours gets better before the big hike. Amy, I looked at your results to see if you had another first, yep, well done! Very pretty bridge.

Tammy, I hope you get some feedback from the wise ones here on your progress to that 18 mile race in three weeks from Saturday! Maybe look back in your training logs to see how you got to 18 before?

Hi Dave, Hi Leslie, good to see ya!

We had a good Easter with family yesterday. Received a late invite to MrStarr's brother's farm. All of their kids and grandkids were there. We packed up our pies, ham and taters to go. Fun to watch the Easter egg hunt. It was chilly but glad we don't have SteveP's snow! I took yesterday off but ran the lake tonight and somehow ended up 1 minute faster than last Thursday, finally under a 12mm!  This streak is going to end one of these days but it has been fun to see steady progress.

MrStarr's phone died today and it was new in August. The gal at Verizon some how got it on by holding three buttons down at once. He is happy now.  I learned something new today, yippee!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Today will be a rest day, not because I need to rest, but just because I won't have time to get in a run at all. But the rest of the week is looking pretty good for 'after work' runs and on one of those I need to get in about 7-8 miles as my "long run".  I still don't know how in the heck I plan on getting up to 18 miles for a 30K on 4/23. That's 4 wks from this saturday! Is that even possible or should I bag it?

You have the fitness to walk/run a 30k. Just start running long once a week and try to be on your feet for about 3 hours two weeks before the event. Hahhah, you should ask me. I talked twocat into walk/running a marathon in less training than what you have 

8 miles for me today. The wind was strong, but my determination to run was stronger than the wind.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Thanks for the advice Starr and Mari.  Last year was the first time I ran this trail race and I was not running much last year either. So, I did look at my training log and I was doing an 7-8 mile long run this week, Pear Blossom 10 mile race next week, did a 12.2 mile the wknd after that and then the following wknd, managed to crank out a 30K. Granted, my time was slow - 3:40 or so. Weather was miserably rainy but I still hoofed it out.  I'll probably follow similar long runs - maybe make each one a bit longer and after my Pear 10 mile race, maybe do another 2 miles.

Tammy

Mariposai

Thanks for the advice Starr and Mari.  Last year was the first time I ran this trail race and I was not running much last year either. So, I did look at my training log and I was doing an 7-8 mile long run this week, Pear Blossom 10 mile race next week, did a 12.2 mile the wknd after that and then the following wknd, managed to crank out a 30K. Granted, my time was slow - 3:40 or so. Weather was miserably rainy but I still hoofed it out.  I'll probably follow similar long runs - maybe make each one a bit longer and after my Pear 10 mile race, maybe do another 2 miles.

Now we are talking.

Have fun!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Just start running long once a week and try to be on your feet for about 3 hours two weeks before the event. Hahhah, you should ask me. I talked twocat into walk/running a marathon in less training than what you have wind.

With everything else everyone’s doing, I don’t know how you find so much time for training.
                      Hey, thanks to stumps and CYN, in spite of a very annoying local

sports guru alum, now I can like Syracuse too.
                      Never been to Arizona but, if TomS likes it there, I think I would too.
                      However, his Ludington Dunes are still the best.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TomS, gorgeous photo!!

Twocat....keep it coming!  For some reason, the mention of mariposai going out there for the Rosie team perked my ears up!  Perhaps the "never say never" saying will come in handy here.  I think my "never again" statement after last year's fabulous Rosie adventure mostly had to do with a red-eye flight two days (or one day, depending on how you count days with no sleep) before a 200 mile relay which effectively allowed no sleep for two days!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."