Masters Running

Friday 10/5 it 's good to be alive. (Read 42 times)

Joe618

Driving home from school today I passed the cross country team in a long string on a run that includes my house. I am friends with the coach and he was running too, so I figure he was a mile from my house. I pulled in the driveway with my tie off and dress shirt unbuttoned, grabbed the mail, put the dogs out, then quickly put on running gear. Coach was in sight as I locked the front door. We ran a few miles back to school and had a great chat; I ran the rest of the way home for a total of 4.1.

I did feel a little like Clark Kent, but sure can't run like Superman.

So. Cool.    Well done.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Definitely well done, Bioguy.

36 minutes on the elliptical that I like at the new/old gym.  It's a LifeFitness machine.  Also walked a few minutes without my boot on a treadmill which was "True" brand.  I hadn't used one of those before.  It seemed good, but didn't appear to have minutes per mile (just miles per hour) which makes me crazy.

Busy day at work because we hired a contract lawyer (through an agency- so not an employee of ours) and she was starting and I had to baby sit a little.  I like her a lot (well, I hired her) and hopefully she will ease my load some.  I'm sharing her with another lawyer.

Yesterday was 3 years since "Gotcha Day" for one of our 15 year old Golden Retrievers.  Never thought we would have him for 3 years.  He is such a gift.  The Great Golden Gathering in Sunday and we are going, but not taking either dog.  At 15 it really is too much for them.  We'll go to see all the other Goldens and the booths and activities.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That is very cool, bioguy!

Umm...6 miles, Tramps?

I very rarely lose my cool in front of people (outside of my own family) but, today, I let a snotty-nosed punk, who was delivering some trim to a job, have it.  I usually feel bad after treating people harshly, but this one felt kind of good.

I ran 8 miles, today...4 with the team and 4 on my own.  I have to get up at 4:30 am (I know--Jay is wondering why I'm sleeping in) so I can get a 16 mile run in before practice...and do some 400 intervals with the team.  I think I'll pick some slow ones to run with.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, drove home for the weekend (3 dayer now that I'm a gov't employee again--Columbus Day) after work.  Ran 6 miles this morning.  On the base at what turned out to be a sub 8:30 pace....8:29, but that is sub 8:30.  :-)

Have a great night everyone!