Masters Running

Bye, September. 9.30.16 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone,

Sorry, but I don't have much time this morning - I have to head out soon to an early meeting.

I was achy and tight this morning, and contemplated, for a few seconds, staying in. But I didn't wanna wuss, so I headed out. And I figured, what better thing to do when I wasn't feeling it than fartleks. So that's what I did. 7,5 RW miles in breezy 51F temps under cloud-converging skies. I did a total of 3.5 miles of speed work, and I got into the 10s for two of them. It'll be raining tomorrow (it's probably already raining in TwoCat land), so I'll be taking the morning off rather than risk a rule infraction.

Have a greta Friday and end of the month!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. How nice of you to obey TwoCat's rule this morning. Me? I guess I was just looking for trouble   4 miles in light rain and 15 mph winds. Really - the wind was blowing so strong out of the north that I hardly got wet. And I figure this Sunday I'll be wet AND muddy so I'd better get used to it!

" I got, got, got, got no time." Off to feed the munchkins mac and cheese and steamed broccoli. Have a great Friday everyone!

Sayhey! MM#130

Good morning!  Squoze (it should be word) in 7+ this am.  Felt a little stuffier than the last few days.

Jlynne, started thinking about how else broccoli is served, and how it's never described as fried, THEN remembered the tempura vegetable dish I used to enjoy at Paul & Elizabeth's, a favorite restaurant in Northampton, MA, and how the tempura broccoli pieces were the best.

.......now I'm a little sad cause I remember that I miss that dish.

Fun and exciting as the Portland peeps are making plans.  Please to include lots of pictures!

I feel an impending weekend!

Happy days, all,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

And the Hartford group is making plans, too, but sort of under the cover of gmail. We'll get to Boston Thursday morning and stay with LaTortuga, then drive down to Hartford and meet up with Hally and others. LaT and I are running on Saturday, then back to Boston to meet up with that crowd before we head on to DH's meeting in VA. I don't remember the last time we had big RA meetups simultaneously on each coast? Should be some good pics here next week!

I want to run today, mainly because it's going to be so nice (tomorrow, too), although I am having some "tightness" in my right foot and ankle that makes me think it's trying to hurt itself. Grrr.

Jlynne, I'm so impressed that you do these tough mudder things. There's no way I'd do that. I'm really not that tough.

Jlynne, I'm so impressed that you do these tough mudder things. There's no way I'd do that. I'm really not that tough.

+++1!!  I watch those things and think, "Heck, no!!"  But have fun, JLynne!!

I'm really out of it in here, so I hope everyone is still puttering along.

Hmmmm, let's see . . . what have I done . . . I  know I've run 2x this week, 4 miles each, using my HR monitor.  Egads, I have to go slow!

Then yesterday it was 35 min of stat bike with 5 x 1 min hard, followed by about 30 min of core/ST.  Was supposed to get up and run 5 this morning, but . . . well . . . I'll run the 5 on Sunday.

Tomorrow, if the weather holds out, Heidi and I are going to do an 18-mile run up into a section of the Trinity Alps.  I haven't been there since I first started running, which is stupid, but there it is.  Since we're both in the midst of low HR training, suffice to say it'll be a slow, casual endeavour.

And Sunday it's supposed to rain here.  YAY!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, friends ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It is weird not being in race training mode anymore so I took the day off and will attempt a longish run tomorrow. I have been enjoying extra days off so likely I needed them.

No push up attempts today. My shoulders and arms are achy. So I will call it a rest day all around. Except work. They didn't approve of me taking a rest day from there so there I shall go.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm really not that tough.

I don't think anyone here really believes that....

No run for me today, but I did set a new record for myself at the pool - 48 lengths (24 laps), plus about 30 minutes of light weights and core.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Pssst...Twocat does not like it when you refer to the no running in the rain as being his rule...he thinks it's a real rule...oh, and he would be very angry if he knew I said "he thinks it's a real rule" so, please don't tell him.  I think it's best that we all just go along with it...if it's raining--go run in it--but just say you stayed inside...he'll never know...or will he?  Hmmmm...

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

It sounded like rain at 0500, could have been the shower dripping, regardless. I went back to bed and the rocket scientist headed down to NASA.

While on the DL,  I started voraciously reading. So I actually stayed in bed until 0800 finishing The Nightingale.

I must be on a WWII France kick because I read All The Light We Cannot See while we were in Maui.

I did not run/walk today but, I did walk/walk.  First I took Bandit for a walk to the river (his folks are in Maryland for the weekend). Then I took King Leonidas for a walk to the river. They are both kind of big so I made two trips instead of wrangling two dogs. The James was so high that the dock was submerged and the river crept past the boat launch and into the parking lot.

Tet and Erika, Ralph was planning on running the Anchorage one in August but, I told him about the Juneau one that you recommended and he now wants to run Frank's marathon.  So we will start planning that trip. Starr, thanks for sharing your RV experience. I am unsure how we are going to go about this trip. We have a ton of friends and family who want to travel with us.

Offspring Update:

DD is 26 weeks along now with little LeBronald. (hee hee hee)  DD is going to pregnancy pilates and still running. Although she says it is getting more difficult to run.

DS1 has completed 3 weeks at his new job with the nuclear co. He likes his work and his boss. They sent him to a class to learn SolidWorks in Richmond, so he came home for the weekend!  For some reason he enjoys running in the rain so he is out for a swamp run right now. It is thundering and pouring. And he is the genius?  haha.

His work requires a lot of travel when there is an outage at a plant. So he will be going to Connecticut next March for a couple months. Luckily my sister still has a house there. He is going to do well with per diem...

DS2 is still working with the 4 years old children at the learning center. He is a giant to them but, parents and children love him. I just wish he would get his teaching certificate and get a job with the school system. But teaching is a vocation and one must be called.

Erika, tell me more about where and when you will be in Virginia?

TwoCat  your yesterday was surreal.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

7 miles at the little lakes nearby.  Again, slow as dirt.  Why do I feel like I am going faster than that?  But, no aches or pains and I feel ready for next weekend.  It will probably be a PW time for me, but it's better than having an injury or just sitting on the couch, right?

Saturday I will drive to another city to watch my son's marching band competition.  I can't believe he is junior now and this will be the first one I have gone to.  They are usually out of town and randomly just land on my ex's weekend with the kids.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

I must be on a WWII France kick because I read All The Light We Cannot See while we were in Maui.

Tet and Erika, Ralph was planning on running the Anchorage one in August but, I told him about the Juneau one that you recommended and he now wants to run Frank's marathon.  So we will start planning that trip.

That book is next for me on my Kindle! How'd you like it? Wait, don't tell me anything...

And good call on the marathon. That one in Anchorage is really nothing special (IMO), other than the part on the Coastal Trail which is nice, but they've moved more of it into town on city streets, bleh. Juneau is much more scenic, and they both can be rainy so you're better off where it's prettier.

5.2 miles today, slowish on the way out and faster on the way back (just following terrain). Gets me to 133.2 miles for the month, which is a little improvement over July and August so there is that. It's supposed to be really nice here this weekend so it's a good thing I don't have any "real" long run planned. Gotta finish that darn garden!

wildchild

Carolyn

Rosie/Barb - I loved The Nightingale and All the Light You Cannot See - read both while I was on the DL last spring with a stress fracture!  Thanks for the updates on your kids!

I went to the state park for a run, but had forgotten to see how many miles I needed to end the month on a prime, so I just ran a 3.5 mile loop and came home to check my log.  I needed another 0.8 to hit 151 for the month, so I took the dogs up the road and back.   Today is DH's birthday, and he's been out rock climbing with a friend all day.  Good way to celebrate!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.