Masters Running

Monday, May 4th...Prom and PVC fences (Read 445 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

OK, I have a blender story too, that involves alcohol. One Christmas, DH and I drove out to Nevada to spend the holiday with my sister and BIL. This must have been over 16 years ago, as DD wasn't there. Anyway, my mom gave my sister a blender for Christmas. We decided to make a concoction we called a turkey daiquiri. It contained turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and some type of alcohol - not sure if it was vodka or rum or what, exactly. We served it in a glass with a slice of turkey hung on the side. I remember it was one of those occasions where we laughed till our faces and stomachs hurt. Oh, and the drink didn't taste very good but the dog liked it - when no one was looking, he stole the turkey and started lapping out of the glass!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wildchild gets the ribbon for most disgusting blender story today. Yuck! Tight lipped . . . . . . . . . (good job!)

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

How can we have gone this long on blender stories without mentioning "Bass-o-matic"?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I have had lots of blender concoctions, but a turkey dinner with all the trimmings certainly wins for originality. The question is how much vodka/rum was involved BEFORE that sounded like a good idea? Three easy miles with the 5th graders for me. We have less than 2 weeks before our 5K.

King of PhotoShop

This forum is so weird. It always starts as a running forum. You could never guess how it will go from there, like those party games where someone whispers a secret and it gets passed along until it is all distorted at the end. It started with one simple post about a spoon in a blender. I meant no harm, believe me, with the chocolate rabbit, and the ensuing posts were humorous and interesting. But Wildchild (in my most stentorian and authoritative voice), "You are outta here!" (Freakin' turkey cocktail....I am aroar!) Spareribs
            wildchild

Carolyn

The question is how much vodka/rum was involved BEFORE that sounded like a good idea?
              Too much, obviously. Big grin And Ribs, you don't scare me. I'm not called Wildchild for nothing...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How can we have gone this long on blender stories without mentioning "Bass-o-matic"?
                Oh, my goodness, you brought back memories! My senior year of high school, 1980, my class put on a class skit at a pep rally. All I recall is that we played "My Sharona" over and over, and a kid actually mixed up some minnows in a blender and drank it!! Oh, yeah, and then we got a LONG lecture the next day from the principal about the three R's - respect, responsibility, and ?? I can't remember the third one!
                  Somehow I seemed to have missed all these great ways to use a blender during my long and storied career . . . I cannot imagine how? Minnows . . . turkey cocktails . . . Dead To think, I thought I was a bit reckless with my life and limb! I have nothing, and I really mean NOTHING on a whole bunch of you here in la la (a.k.a. RA) land!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Dead