Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 9.10.17 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday’s workouts/races:
    Tomwhite (40 min. Poolrun with letters)
    RunnerKSA (17 miles in nice weather)
    Dave (Memorial Bell Tower 5K: 28:13; AG win, 4th male overall)
    Mike (15 pre-practice miles + 3.7 with the XC team)
    Pfriese (6 morning mile with the old Saturday morning group)
    Twocat (19 miles, feeling strong)
    Holly (3.5 pre-festival morning miles)
    Catwhoorg (7 miles, including 5K PR & 2nd overall)
    Stumpy (3.1 morning lake loop miles for 2nd day in a row)

Evanflein (7.8 quick pre-meeting miles)

How nice of Pickles to bring you some Irish Flu, Tomwhite. I hope it’s not the real deal.

Good run, pretty much on pace, KSA. Wishing a safe storm passage for your sister.

Congrats on your 2nd AG win in 6 days, Dave! Don’t be the least bit embarrassed - you can only race against whoever else shows up, and you’ve done right nicely in that regard! I hope you had fun at the Chili Fest. Did you win the raffle?

Did you get your post-run nap, Mike?

You’d think I’d learn a thing or two after all these years, Evanflein, especially since I’ve met you and Enke. But no - once I see the cap E at the beginning of your names, my mind forgets everything and goes its own weird way…  I hope that you keep your job for as long as you want. I tend to agree with your DH that you should be focusing on Equinox and not your weekly mileage goals for the next week.

Good luck getting the group back to gather, Pfriese.

Twocat, at the farmer’s market I got 2 pints of mixed cherry tomatoes, some pickling cukes, purple and orange peppers, 2 zukes, garlic, potatoes, and peaches. Nice work on your 19 miler. What are you going to do with that bonus of roasted chilies?

Glad you all had a blast at the Festival, Holly.

Congrats on the 5K PR and 2nd overall, Cat!

Sounds like you made out well at the farmer’s market too, Stumpy. Thanks for the vid of the lake loop run.

Not much of a rain storm, Tet, but if it cleared the air, it was good.

I got in about 1.5 easy RW miles at our racewalking training session yesterday morning. A newbie came, so I spent almost all my time working with her. The 8K race at 5:00 was preceded by a downpour which, fortunately, stopped about 15 minutes before the race and left us with some relatively cool (mid-upper 60s) but muggy air. It was far from my best race (and 20 seconds slower than last year), but good enough for 1st place racewalker, for which I got $50 and a knit hat. 6.2 EZ-PZ recovery RW miles this morning in 52° as the sun was starting to come up. Trader Joe's is on the hit list for today, and we have some neighbors coming over for a casual dinner this evening.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Great report, Jay.  Good job, racers this past week.

2.4 miles to finish up a 42 mile week.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Nice haul at the farmer's market, Jay.

Quick post since I've got tons to do today.  I did manage to get a 50-miler done this morning on a mostly flat course.  And my Garmin congratulated me on my new marathon record, so there's that.  Absolutely gorgeous morning that started out in the low 50s; more like October weather for us.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Good racing Dave and Jay and everyone else.

We're in Toronto for a long weekend annual family visit. In between spending time with family and some classmates we did manage to get in some walking and running in beautiful early fall weather. This morning there was the Canadian championship 5K road race and we got to watch it. On the the way back to our air b'n b we ran into my brother- the big city is really small after all.

pfriese

Almost 6.8 miles around town this morning, that puts me at almost 29 miles for the week. I may be able to re-join Holly S' 40/40 thread in October. Smile

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Cool, Stumpy, but your run stops short of the start, is that where the car was?

That's the beauty of that run--no car involved.  it's about 200 yards from our house.  don't call our street Lakeview Ave for nothing   And I guess it's just force of habit to stop at 5K.

3.85 miles of slightly extended lake loop this morning.  Third day in a row and I had to work harder to get what speed I had out of it.

More cash, Jay.  Wow.  DW is going to have you racing every week if you keep this up.  Assuming you got to keep the hat?

Amy's DH posted on FB that they have a pretty secure place to shelter in place.  Hope there's as little darma as possible for them (and everyone else in FLA).

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Like coastwalker I bought some odd colored bell peppers. In my case some purple and white ones. What am I going to do with them? I have no idea how they taste in comparison to a standard yellow, red, orange or green one. That and I still cannot eat sold food. I guess I can puree them and use them as a soup topping and see how that goes.

I will add my wishes to Florida in the wake of Irma's passing.

Not much going on at my place today. I did an hour on the elliptical. DW ran with her friend and now is off to brunch with her friends to celebrate a birthday. Men were not invited.

A friend of mine came by yesterday and helped me roast all 35 pounds of Hatch chili peppers. Fortunately, he took several pounds off my hands. I then made a Hatch chili soup which came out really well. I modified one I found on line and in all modesty, I think my changes likely made it a LOT better! If you are interested in trying it go to my Allrecipies page which should be at the link in my signature line.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

More cash, Jay.  Wow.  DW is going to have you racing every week if you keep this up. 

Nice racing, though!

Catwhoorg - nice racing for you too!

20 miles for me today in 50-60 degrees, which was lovely.  It took me 3:43, but that was with 4 bathroom breaks and numerous water fountain stops and some walking breaks, and I am not unhappy with it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

just a short 2.4 mile run this morning. but did get in 7.5 yesterday and a total of about 26 for the week. maybe i'll start catching up to that pace bunny afterall 

Tammy

spacityrunner

8.2 miles on the hilly hernando trail.  14 m/m just a hair under 2 hours...happy happy happy...longest run since June of 2016.

Trails Rock!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I really feel so bad for all the people affected by these hurricanes.  They are so destructive.  My daughter's father-in-law lives in Marco Island which is being hit pretty hard, right now.  I asked my daughter if he evacuated.  She said, "Yes, he went to Naples."  Naples?!  Isn't that just up the road a few miles?  I sure hope he's okay.

I went 6 miles, today.

Okay--that's all I got.  Is it really Monday, tomorrow, already?  Dang!  See ya!

Dave59

Rest day for me but I did take a 45 minute walk up (and back down) the big hill behind our house.

I have the cities my girls live in set up as favorites in my weather app and it will pop notifications of stuff in their areas. Sure is weird to see the "hurricane warning" pop-up on my family in Tallahassee. So far they are staying home but if they lose power for very long they'll probably head west and stay with family. Hard to survive down there without AC for very long.

Mariposai

Hey, I ran today, yeahhhh I was able to run today. I am so happy. The smoky air is still bad in town, but I drove up to the summit to run. Glad to report that we can see a blue sky in the horizon this afternoon.  Hurrah

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Yay that Mariposai got to go run today!

Lots of other good stuff going on today, but that hurricane, wow. A former co-worker of mine retired a couple years ago and moved to Florida and she's had to evacuate north to stay with friends. Goodness, there's no way I'd live there. Hope Aamos is ok.

13.7 miles today, part on the bike path and the last 5.5 miles on trails. Now it's time to really watch recovery and make sure I don't do something stupid and over do it. 38.5 miles for the week, first sub-40 mile week since late March.