Masters Running

Shutdown Monday, 9.30.13 (Read 45 times)

mrrun

wildchild - we had a donut tire on the car, but suburu tires have to 'match', so we had to wait until today to buy a new one.

we heard dave mcgillverary (sp?) talk at our lunch.  he was AWESOME talking about boston and what happened and his point of view and the changes for 2014.  we were in tears listening to him.  most of the changes are going to be announced in the next month.  he wants to maintain the race as a race and do the tributes the week or days before.  this is my recollection of his words - we'll all hear them soon.

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

he wants to maintain the race as a race and do the tributes the week or days before.

thanks marj.

I got a "Boston 2013" bracelet in this year's Seattle Rock'n'Roll goodie bag that I'll be wearin' on Patriot's Day next year.

I'm glad the competitive runners will be trying to run as before and not let what happened detract from esteemed race that the Boston Marathon has been for more than 100 years.  However, it probably won't be very easy for the recreational and fitness runners not to have it on their minds for every stride of the way.  I'll be looking forward to following the pre-race tributes as much, if not more, than the race. I hope as many boomers as possible can run it. Go Boston!  Thank you again.

===============

enke - I'm deeply disappointed too that, same as what happened to the Swedish Sumerun, the more exercise-worthy10K option has been eliminated.  However, at least it's back on the salmon days weekend unlike last year when I opted out when they did it the week before the Salmon Days BBQ.  I won't know much before I go but I look forward to running and partaking again. However, don't go spraining your ankle in the last mile again or I might catch up to you again (NOT). ,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

we heard dave mcgillverary (sp?) talk at our lunch.  he was AWESOME talking about boston and what happened and his point of view and the changes for 2014.  we were in tears listening to him.  most of the changes are going to be announced in the next month.  he wants to maintain the race as a race and do the tributes the week or days before.  this is my recollection of his words - we'll all hear them soon.

marj

Wishing good luck to the Boston RD who is wishing to maintain the race as race!!!!

While I enjoyed running Boston, it is no longer in my plans. My dream is to run a marathon in each continent and I better start saving up to be able to run a marathon in Antarctica before I turn 60.

Meanwhile, I ran nearly 10 miles tonight under fantastic weather condition and a few glympses of sunshine.

Ohhh I know..., that is not the regime recommended by common wisdom. Specially after running 16 miles yesterday (easy/hard/easy/hard)

But the sun was shining and the forever pace was in my heart..

.....so running I did Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - What a beautiful shed!  Did you start with a kit, or draw up the plans all on your own?

Carolyn - I can't look at Devil's Tower without thinking of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Mariposai - Antarctica - wow!

Twocat - a hotel in the city sounds pricy.  Does your wife's employer cover that?  I don't think my weekly salary would cover even two days in a NYC hotel....Roll eyes

No run for me on Monday, just some stability ball crunches.

I was possibly the most sore I have ever been after a race this time, yesterday being the worst.  Today is somewhat better, but stairs are still hard.  I don't know if it was because this race was tougher or if I was just in worse shape.  However, it all seems to be basic muscle aches, so I hope to be better in a day or two.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."