Masters Running

40s+ On the Run: New Month, New Super Bowl Champ (Wk Ending 02/07/09) (Read 401 times)

flatland mountaineer

Leslie have fun at your clam beach race today. Jewells good luck tommorow. Remember there are always other races if the knee doesn't hold up but hoping very much it stays good. Carol how long till your half? Ev is missing in action on this page? Arla gray days are always hard on my mood, hope you got your run in the other aft to help out. Cindy check back when ya can. Joe your cold weather break yet? easy 2.5 this morn, hopefully a long run tommorow. We go back to winter tommorow afternoon. I better get to work, have another welding project going. laters

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Carol - Your HM must be soon, right? Is your taper on? Looks like you've already got the mileage to finish it, so you can just focus on staying healthy, try to eat right and get your rest (I know, easier said...). Leslie is correct in saying that four workouts a week is enough to get it done! Waiting to hear Leslie's RR. Anyone else toeing the line this weekend? 6 mi in the rain yesterday, I am such a weather wimp that I almost blew it off, but went anyway and ended up enjoying myself and as always after a medium-length run my mood went sky-high so you never know. It's drop-dead gorgeous outside today, gonna get a quick 3 this am just 'cause it's so pretty out, and then a 4 mile evening run with a girlfriend. Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Good Luck to our racers this weekend!! Go gettem kids!!!

My sis picked up our race packets last night. Don't have the time or even in the mood to do the whole "expo" thing. Just left her house to retrieve it........had a 4 hr. paralegal training seminar this morning so just got home. My nephew John (that's for you Carol) went through a 4 hr. surgery this morning to remove the tumor. Good news is that the surgery went very well, it was located in a portion of the brain that was more accesible than other parts of the brain and there doesn't seem to be any "feelers" attached to the tumor. Not so good news it was large, it was in the delicate area of the brain that controls alot of important things, such as speech, balance and memory. He will be in the IC for a few days and then to rehab. Keeping fingers crossed he gets better each day. Thanks for all of the well wishes guys! Hope Leslie is having a super race day and I will check in with you all tomorrow after my race is over! I'm excited and a bit nervous...... Jewels
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
            Ooh, oooh....it's race weekend for Leslie and Jewels and sis of Jewels! Go girls Big grin Leslie is probably well on her way, and Jewels I can tell the excitement is building. Bet your sis is pretty pumped. Jewels - Thanks for letting us know about John's surgery. Just prayed for him and his new bride. What a tough thing to go throug for the both of them, not to mention you and the rest of the family. Leslie - Funny you should mention a strength day. My running buddy and I are planning to hit the gym (very lightly) on Wednesday. We're not that far from race day, so don't want to change things up too much...hopefully just enough to stay healthy. R2 - Welding, ehh?? I guess in farming you have to learn to fix most things. We barely know how to get our cars to the oil change place Blush Let us know how your long run went. Arla - Nothing wrong with trying to time those runs with the great weather. As for the taper, our half is on 2/28, so we're 3 weeks out. Probably one more long run next Sat, then then cutback a few miles the next Sat and go easy that week. Thanks for the reassurance that we'll be ready. Yes, where is my neighbor to the north, Ev??? Todays 10 miler went well. Wound up with 10:57 avg pace, which is OK for us. We went out to the lake for a change of scene, and that was nice as well. Bodies appear to be holding together, and the leg snatcher seems to have returned mine....felt so much better. Maybe that rest day (yes totally) + stretching/yoga yesterday helped. I really should listen to you guys more Smile
            Progress Trumps Pefection
              Hey folks....it's Ev checking in. Smile Good luck to the racers this weekend. I look forward to reading the RRs. Jim you have a nice set up with the weights and such. I really like how you give new life to old parts. jewels I so look forward to the day you tell about your nephew being fully recovered. I'm sure it will be a long tough process but I'm confident he'll be restored to full health. Please let us know his of his progress. Yes, Carol....the running log is great. I'm a data nut and I find it just plain fun to keep a log. I'd encourage you to give it a try. Good runs out there....Arla and Carol and an easy run for Jim. And Joe continues to be the epitome of consistency. Very impressive Joe. It's spring time in OK....72F today....6 easy miles at 10:36 pace. Someone asked about Mrs Day the othr day. She is still getting some miles in but we haven't had the chance to go together much lately. I thought we were gonna go together today, but she was in the "zone" on the back porch, relaxed and quite content. Thanks for asking. She and I did get a nice date in yesterday. Went to the big town to a crafter type event called Affair of the Heart. Enjoyed the sites, picked up a couple of gifts then went to out to eat. Had a fun time. Wow, I haven't went on and on this much in awhile..... Later my friends
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Maybe that rest day (yes totally) + stretching/yoga yesterday helped. I really should listen to you guys more Smile
                Roll eyes Big grin Hi Folks - Will do a more complete report later, but couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day today. Absolutely stunning. Much of the run was high above the ocean, and not a cloud in the sky. About the last 2.5 or so miles is on the beach, which sucks the life outta your legs if you're not use to it. And it the creek crossing wasn't bad. Came up to about mid-thigh on me at the deepest spot (I'm 5'8"), and since the tights I'd worn ended up being too warm, the cold water felt really good. Finished the 8 3/4 miles in 1:26:18, and I was hoping for 1.5 hours or better, so I'm very happy with that time. Treated myself to a rocky road ice cream cone on the way home. Smile Gotta get cleaned up 'cause I think we're going out to dinner, but before I go - good luck tomorrow Jewels!! And will definitely be keeping your nephew in my thoughts and prayers. Later, gators!!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - wow, just freakin' awesome crazy blazin' fast trail run! I can't imagine the last couple on sand - tough stuff. You sure earned that ice cream! Next up is Jewels! Have fun tomorrow! Arla

Ex runner