Masters Running

10/8/09 WAKEY WAKEY Daily (Read 394 times)

Renee the dog

Nono, how is your itb?

...behavin'

Don't want to jinx anything so that's all I'll say about it.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

This morning, I was still at my mother's.  The temp was in the low 50s and there was a light wind.  I got in 5 miles, including through the cemetery to see relatives, in a bit over 50 minutes for a10:02 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Thanks, Leslie - it appears  I'm following the directions, but I still get a box with an X.  I may have to abandon Flickr and try Photobucket - it sounds more user friendly.  BTW - stop sneezing!!

CNY - you are making me wish I was running Hartford - best of luck to Claire and your other buddies.

{{{{{{{{Perch's knee}}}}}}}}}

buehrle - glad you had a nice visit with your sister - I'm surprised you saw any sunshine during your visit. It was pretty sparse this summer. 

dg - 32 degrees!!! BRrrrrrrrr!!  I'm not ready for that - good job getting your run done!

Carolyn - sorry your DD flunked her driving test - you know it's just a matter of time before she passes.........and the world will never be the same again ;-)

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Flickr links up fine for me.  Here's an example:

Click on a picture in Flickr.

Click on "All Sizes"

Click on the desired size (medium is usually best)

Then scroll down some and grab the picure URL (copy/paste)

Then here in RA, click the icon above with the Mountain and paste in the URL

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good evening--such a good day for running here, a little breezy but crisp and it's about as pretty as it gets here in autumn (all those New England autumns spoiled me, and then last year we went to Maine for the Portland marathon.....I can still taste the whole bellied fried clams.....)

TIme to roll it on up here and get to the chores before it's TV time

grins,

A, the "Running Buddy"

Masters 2000 miles
              I didn't post yet?  Meant to.

6.1 miles, 54:16, 8:57/mi, AHR 134 (69% MHR)

Recovering nicely.

("inner WRFB", indeed.  pah!)  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

(all those New England autumns spoiled me, and then last year we went to Maine for the Portland marathon.....I can still taste the whole bellied fried clams.....)

Say what?!?  Fried clams??  Do tell!  We're going back to Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire next Friday for 10 days.  Would love any information anyone would like to impart.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow.  I just talked to a friend who ran the Maine Marathon.  It was her very first one, although she's been a runner for a long time.  She's 44, almost 45, and has three kids (one in college, one a HS sophomore, and a three-year-old!).  She's a nice person, but very scatterbrained.  She got to the race and realized she'd fogotten her WATCH!  She saw a group of younger friends who had Garmins, so she decided to stick with them until she got too tired to stay up with them.  Well, she never got tired, and finished in 3:30:08!!  A BQ time!  I think she's still in shock!
                  Mariposai

teresa, I would be in shock too. 3:30 wow!!!!

I am so glad to hear that Erika is having fun with the ribs.

Perfect fall weather for a perfect tempo run. My wings and I decided to go up Ross Canyon road today to visit the last crop of apples that has not been picked yet. The goal was 4 easy, 6 at tempo and 2 easy.

So...the first 4 miles were very easy and sloww (I so enjoy running slowly) Then just when I started my first mile at tempo I got passed by an orchadist on his tractor. We waved at each other and on I went to finish the first mile at 8:23. Second and third tempo miles were weaving among apple orchards with their flaming fall leaves and finished the miles in around 8:17 and wondering where the speed came from. Then just as I turn on Quail road here came my tractor driver again...we waved at each other and on we went on our marry way. Fith tempo mile found me back at 8:23. Then I decided to really focus and pump my wings a-la-Sans Souci to see if I can sustain the pace for my last tempo of the day...but half way into it I saw my tractor driver again, now on a horse. He stopped in front of me and said...lady...are you lost? I have seen you waving thru the orchards for almost 2 hours now . I smiled and said...I am running my tempo run today...he laughed at me and went away saying something like tempo...run.. hurt.... Lesson learned here...never use technical words with non runners
                    Any way, 12 miles with 6 at tempo and happy with it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

(((Wildchild's DD)))

1.5 with DW and Tag.

SteveP