Masters Running

Masters best results 2008 (Read 808 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tetsujin, I know you will have many of the distances in your division sewed up too. Big grin
    thanks ilene, . . . uhmm, maybe forget about tryin' to slip me under a two hour halfie <>jim-1:15:27-jim)>>>; however, maybe goddess jlynne can add me to a guys division of arf's 50mi/100K races. Smile uhm, lynn, any chance for 28.8 and 34 mile divisions (or do categories need more than one boomer?)?
    How about a list for those of us who take forever!! Shocked
    since I'm as proud and happy with several memorable PW's and DGL's (dead glorious last) as when runnin' like the wind (usually on downhllls), sign me up for the slow category PB in 5K (59:23 - 2005), half (2:53:13 - 2005), marathon (7:09:54 - 2006) and 50 miles (15:15:00 - 2006). I'd have 10K too (1:24:14) except it was the last six miles of the 50.Undecided Hey, maybe my one and only 100K can have both PB's.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tetsujin - from the looks of your picture, I'd have to agree with Ilene. You look like a division winner to me, no matter what the race length. I was surprised at the length of this upcoming Valentine's Day run. I've never heard of a 15K before. This is the fourth year they've had it and supposedly get three or four hundred people for it (they also offer a 5 and 10K). Looked at last year's top finishers - not too many people over age 45 (woo-hoo!) I think once you get over the age of 55, just finishing with a decent time is an accomplishment. While I'm as competitive as the next person, I know my best running days are behind me, and I'm just happy that I'm able to get out and run 5 days a week. Baby Boomers rock!
        I didn't see any fat boy or girl divisions Ilene in your list, I am fat, I mean hurt!!! Marathon D
          How about a list for those of us who take forever!! Shocked
          How about a tiara? At the Leading Ladies Marathon, Elaine, the RD, gives a light but pretty tiara to the woman who passes the Mile 1 marker last. She has to give it to the person she passes, and so on. This is to be sure the race course doesn't close until the last woman has finished, and to be sure she knows she is as special as the one who wins. (Prolly more so, as she's on her feet a lot longer!)
          Masters 2000 miles
            My adjusted for weight and age best 5k at 185-200 was 20:15, my adjusted for 200-219, 20:50, the amazing thing was that I ran the same actual time for both races, 23:14.5. I was just alittle older in the first race. marathon Derrick
            BTY

Derrick - Where do you go for weight adjusted times? I'd be interested in seeing those myself. Brian
                The races in our area are run by Gault race management they have a formula that they use which is based on age and weight. The older you are the more allowance you are given in comparison to the youngest in the hvy wt division in the given race. My 23:15's were run about 3 months apart, one when I was 47 one at 48, and in the last one I was 10 pounds lighter yet my time was about 30 seconds faster adjusted. You could go to the Gault race site they might be able to get you the precise formula they use. Marathon Derrick
                BTY

Thanks Derrick - Will try it. http://academic.udayton.edu/PaulVanderburgh/weight_age_grading_calculator.htm Found the calculator above elsewhere - Liked it! My 21:18 at age 42, 185 pounds, computed to 18:01. If I just gain a few more pounds, and run that same time at age 43, I'll be pushing 17:00! Big grin bty

King of PhotoShop

I was going to jump in and complain about that time Jim, as I know you did one way faster. By the way, here is a good way to take five minutes off your time: http://www.gadling.com/2008/02/01/best-prank-ever-stopping-time-at-grand-central-station/ Spareribs
                    bap

Sounds perfect JLynne, and 15ks are rare, as are competitive 55+ females. Smile
                      There are a couple of 15Ks every year in Central Park. One of them was my best ever race.

Certified Running Coach
                      Crocked since 2013

#artbydmcbride

I was going to jump in and complain about that time Jim, as I know you did one way faster. By the way, here is a good way to take five minutes off your time: http://www.gadling.com/2008/02/01/best-prank-ever-stopping-time-at-grand-central-station/ Spareribs
                        Sheesh, I was just having fun making up times and assigning names. We can compile a 2008 best at each distance list. i think this was your idea Jules, get crackin'!! Big grin

Runners run

jules2

As I said I am not technically minded so I don't know the mechanics of setting this up. On the 1000 mile running, 1000 mile cycling site there is a "sticky" could we adapt that system somehow ? Remember I am English and the last technilogical leap forward we had was the Roman invasion when they introduced us to roads, sanitation and central heating.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

BTY

What about English Muffins?

jules2

Thanks for the advice BTY as I say I'm not very good with IT but even I know it will be difficult to put the results on a muffin.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

Roll eyes English muffins!!! grrrrr! Big grin

Runners run