Masters Running

Friday Runs and Funs (Read 444 times)

Congratulations, Spareribs! Or shall we say (as I think Tetsujin called it awhile ago), Spareparts. You've had an amazing recovery and should be very pleased with your progress.

Spareparts......

BTW.....6miles for me this afternoon.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Got some strength and stretching in and then 20 min of slide boarding to finish off my planned day.  Ahhh, to be showered and with all my To Do list done. 

Have a good night all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, what a photo!  30 miles away!

DS got a nice surprise today.  When I picked up our bibs for the Beach to Beacon 10K race tomorrow, they directed me to a special table to pick up his - it was #92, an elite number!  The woman didn't tell me that, but when I signed the sheet, I noticed that some of the other names around his were HS runners he competes with, and even one of his teammates who is fast.  Out of 6,000 runners, I knew that couldn't be a coincidence!  So I e-mailed Blaine (RunToWin), and he told me what the deal is.  Besides the privilege of being dropped off right at the start line, there will be special porta-potties at the start line, his stuff will be waiting at the end, and there will be food and massage right at the finish line.  I think it's neat that these HS kids who work so hard are rewarded this way, and will be right up there with Ben True (the first-place American finisher last year) and the REAL elites from around the world.  There are 100 elite numbers all together.

Good evening everybody!

Late night for me, way past my usual bed time!!

Congratulations, Ribs!! And best wishes for continued success in your comeback!

Erika - awesome (and scary) photo.

Teresa - very nice surprise for your son!  

PDR - I'm in total agreement with your paragraph on retirement - pretty much echoes my current work situation and outlook on retirement.

DH and I did a run at home this morning before setting off for Maine.  It was much too hot and humid for Jesse, so I did 7 hilly miles @ 10:18 and 159 AHR.   Thought I was going to die around mile 6, but made it home in one piece.  I've never carried water before for regular daily runs, but I'm beginning to rethink that practice with the current heat and humidity.

The weather is lovely here in Maine - low 60's and no detectable humidity at 8:00 this evening - heavenly.  I had the best baby back ribs I've ever eaten at Buck's Naked Bar-B-Que place in Freeport. Yum!!!  

Best of luck to all of our weekend racers!!  

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Another late post, it seems lately I don't get to post until the kiddos are in bed and the evening chores are done.

Glad to see things are going so well for you Ribs one year later!  Very inspirational.

Thanks for the info Timbo, I'll send you a separate email.

Teresa - that's so cool about your DS getting the elite number, I'm sure that'll be inspirational for him!  Can't wait to hear how it goes.  

I'm soooo looking forward to retirement, yes I'm only 39 but I've been in the military for 16 years now and can technicaly retire in 4 years.  We'll see what our family situation is in 4 years but it'd be great to be a SAHM and collect a retirement check in addition to whatever DH brings in.  I may work part time eventually but I'm also interested in home schooling so we'll see what the future has in store in time.

Rest day today ... achilles felt fine all day yesterday after icing after the run and has felt fine all day today. 

Almost time for Numbers ...

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sue, you're in my backyard!  My hairstylist's salon is almost directly across the street from Buck's!  We like that place, too.  Where are you staying?  We're in North Yarmouth, a town next to Freeport.

Are you sure you're in Maine, though?  No humidity??  Right now the computer says it's at 94%.  We've felt "drippy" for about a week now.  Is this an improvement over home for you?  Wow.

SteveP

A year already Ribs?? It seems like just last summer we was all worried about ya.

Holly, what are we going to do with out you for a whole week?

Beel and Teresa, it's funny, while on one hand, I often think I want to retire, on the other, I think it is the thing I fear most (it would be sort of awful to be a public defender and fear public speaking) is retirement.  HAving worked since well, let's just say for decades, I really wonder how I'll adjust to it.  I would be happy to downsize my job, I think, and keep working, but at a slower pace.   Or at least that's what I think.

I have a 70+ YO co worker who cut himself to part time Jan1. His definition of part time wears me out.

Sue, who is going to feed the deer while you're gone?

SteveP

Renee the dog

I'm soooo looking forward to retirement, yes I'm only 39 but I've been in the military for 16 years now and can technicaly retire in 4 years.  We'll see what our family situation is in 4 years but it'd be great to be a SAHM and collect a retirement check in addition to whatever DH brings in.  I may work part time eventually but I'm also interested in home schooling so we'll see what the future has in store in time.

Pretty much what I did, 'cept the retirement check part.  It's not the best gig, but it is a meaningful one.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!