Masters Running

Wednesday 10/26/16 - Anyone else not running today? (Read 28 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The so-called “light rain” here in seattle was too heavy for the five mile morning ‘mute

planned to go along with this weekend’s 12-hour Carkeek Fun Run that

might have set me up for a first 40/40 week in five-or-six years, or more.

<<<(wimp/wimp)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Me, too!  As far as the non-running, anyway.  I swam today, 40 lengths (20 laps).

That's all I've got.....as you were....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Light rain here too. No running. But I am just being lazy.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow--I get to be the first runner of the day?

3.1 miles about the lake in brisk temps at a recently surprisingly brisk pace--actually just under 10 m/m.

My patient is doing really well.  Hope Marj's is, too.  She has such a nice PT that she doesn't even hate her for some of the torture.   Even able to make it back into work for the afternoon.

Happy Hump day to all that follow.  (and to Tet, Holly, and Bertha, too.)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I did run!!

It's raining buckets here, as Tet said.  But I have a treadmill.  So I used it.  I was just going to do 3 miles and do a much longer run tomorrow when it is not supposed to be raining, but I got into a groove and did 6 miles!!  And it wasn't awful! 

Going to make a nice dinner for MBE tonight - BBQ sausage, chessy polenta, roasted beets, carrots and potatoes, and maybe an apple pie.  Fall/winter food!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

My patient is also doing well, although he can't make it to work yet - oh, he doesn't work!

I didn't run altho I did race walk in a local park for 10 minutes after spending an hour at the archeology lab.  Henrun's son gave me a multi-hour break.

Happy activities to all,

marj

Head Procrastinator

I ran 5 this morning. Glad to hear Henry and Mrs Stumpy are doing well.

Rain tomorrow and I am meeting friends for an 8 PM dinner reservation tonight (yikes that is late) so not too worried cause I am NOT running in the rain Smile

ETA, B2 can you swim? Rowing machine? Take up knitting?

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thanks Holly and Hally... I neglected to mention that my previously separated right shoulder has deterred me from swimming and rowing. However! I had my friend the massage therapist work on my shoulder and neck this afternoon. She also gave me some things to do with the foam roller to help my shoulder issues. Now I need to implement the plan!

I have been thinking about Henry and MrsStumpy and about Marj and Stumpy. I don't know which is worse: being the patient or being the caregiver? Either way, please do NOT do what I did. Please respect the recovery.

And now... Are you ready for some baseball?  I am off to watch BeLeveland in Game 2.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Kind of a thin daily the last few days.  Everyone come back! Injury or not.

evanflein 25° already! Why I never plan to live in Alaska. Glad you love it. I bet you are too given you live there!  Yes, it sounds like you need new running sneakers.

Holly S. I see you are running a bit again. I hope you manage to stay unhurt for the foreseeable future.

tetsujin209 you have to be about the most tenacious runner I have ever known. Virtually or not. Good luck with your upcoming races.

BerthaSlayer not lazy! Just following the first rule of running: "No running in the rain!"©

stumpy77 nice running! Keep it up and how about rejoining the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club next year!

enkephalin nice TM run. Also good for you for obeying the first rule of running.

hally that is a late dinner reservation. I would be falling asleep right at the start.

buehrle they say this will be the most watched world series in history! A friend of mine is a Cubs fan and is talking about flying to Chicago and paying some huge ransom to see one of the games. That is loyalty for you!

I ran 14 today. No more runs at that distance or longer until the marathon! Weather started sunny but was cloudy by the end. This is the prelude to rain tomorrow afternoon. Speaking of races I think I have my 2017 marathon schedule set up already. I have a conference in Lexington Kentucky the days preceding the April marathon there. It seems like a no brainer, I should do the Lexington Marathon! That takes care of the spring. Then in October I have an invitation to give a talk in Sydney Australia and have parlayed that into one for Melbourne too. By some amazing coincidence the Melbourne Marathon is right when I will be out in Australia for work!  Sometimes serendipity strikes and life is good for at least a little while.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Good job on getting those marathons and work trips to line up, Twocat! I always love it when that happens, but it's happening less and less often now.

And yes, it's beautiful here most of the time and I'm always happy to come home. But I'm also happy to leave when it's really cold and dark. That's why we're looking at the Phoenix marathon on February 25. The only problem is that puts the bulk of my high mileage weeks/long runs in some really really cold dark depth of winter stuff. Oh well.

Today was a 5.5 mile run in the waning daylight at the end of the work day. Temp was about 25 when I started and it dropped a couple degrees by the time I came back (got a time/temp sign by a coffee kiosk below campus!).

Mariposai

Speaking of races I think I have my 2017 marathon schedule set up already. I have a conference in Lexington Kentucky the days preceding the April marathon there. It seems like a no brainer, I should do the Lexington Marathon! That takes care of the spring. Then in October I have an invitation to give a talk in Sydney Australia and have parlayed that into one for Melbourne too. By some amazing coincidence the Melbourne Marathon is right when I will be out in Australia for work!  Sometimes serendipity strikes and life is good for at least a little while.

A little jealous with the destination marathon, both of them sounds fun!!!

7 smile miles for me this morning before my marathon meetings days. 7 in one day...yeap 7...grateful for the smile miles.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Sometimes serendipity strikes and life is good for at least a little while.

That sounds fantastic.

SteveP