Masters Running

Friday 9-11, runs and rests (Read 419 times)

TammyinGP

Since tomorrow is my son's first football game (at 9 a.m.) I'll have to set the alarm for about 7 a.m., although I'm usually awake by then anyways, but I get paranoid that a rare occurence would actually happen and we'd all be soundly sleeping in the morning and the dogs wouldn't start barking at 6 a.m. like they usually do.

went for a late run tonight. We almost hit 100 degrees today - I think around 98 or so, so I waited as late as I could to get in a run. Went to my son's football practice at 5:30 p.m. and it was just awfully hot out still and whenever there was a breeze it was a furnace like breeze. Finally about 7 p.m. it felt cooler - still 90 degrees, but more shade, so I headed out for a 4 mile run. I didn't have any particular plan with this run - just a 4ezpzmiles . .. but my first mile was 9.17 and I thought "hmmm, this feels pretty good" . . next one was 9.26. I decided that on mile 3 I'd pick it up and see how long I could sustain at a faster pace. Mile 3 was 8.17. Weeeee, this is fun!  I decided to slow it down a tick and run my last mile at 8.34.

not what I had in mind for my ez run, but I felt good tonight, which is odd considering how late it was and how warm it was. Too bad I have to bag the 10K race I am registered for tomorrow morning. I might have had a decent race.

Tammy

Nice run, Tammy!  Good luck to your son on his football game.

I'll be setting the ole alarm for 4:30 as we want to be on the trails by 7:00.  {sigh}  I can't wait for this upcoming run to be over and then to leave for vacation.  I'm not setting an alarm even one single time while gone.  I'm gonna sleep, sleep, sleep.

And speaking of sleep - I need to hit the hay.  Nite all.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The normalcy of veryone's runnin', and reflecting is kind of like when Ernie Harwell did it for those of us lucky emough to be stuck around Detroit in those other tough times too.  Thanks.

however, erika, I wouldn't want to say it was me but just walkin after a measly crown bailed me out of the favorite Pumpkin Push one of those years so, believe me, you've got my support 100% to come to your senses and don't do what you're going to try to do next week.  Those guys didn't have the mountains around Fairbanks in those days that other ski teams could train on in the fall so they made the hardest trail marathon possible.  It's worked for almost 50 years. Leave it lay. Wait'll you're 100% ready.  It's the Equinox for crying out loud.

tammy - "fore" for golf, "batter-up" for baseball, waddya say for football son? good luck.

happy hikin' in the well-deserved sunshine this weekend to the butterflies.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)