Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 5.12.17 (Read 32 times)

dg.

just slipping in to say hi.

hi.      -)

Mike, sending happy heel (& happy meal!) vibes.

I've been reading & had in mind what I intended to say but now I'm too tired,  & my back hurts like crazy.   (it's just a flesh wound)   5.25 this morning, w/hillage.  When I got home I had a little time & it was such a beautiful day... I spent some time in the back forgotten corner of my yard which I've decided is my mini (MINI) forest  :  Wink.   I have a box of ferns & other things which I really need to finish getting planted,  so I did more  this morning, all blissed out by the day even though I was cold & wet.   but I think it was too much for my back after a run.    will see if I learned anything from this time  :   )

have a great weekend!  

Raise your hand if you think Mike E is pulling our leg? Hmm, most hands. There has to be something important left out of that story.

Quick question for the group. I am going to Nashville for a conference next week. Any suggestions for running routes? I will be at Vanderbilt for the week if that makes any difference. Is it worth getting a rental car to get to running routes? The cost of renting a car seems pretty reasonable so it is an option.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat-   Nashville area person here.  Yes, it would be worth getting a car to run in Percy Warner Park, which isn't too far from Vandy.  It is one of the most spectacular running areas in the country and the home of the Flying Monkey Marathon.  There is a 5.8 loop and a 11.2 loop.  It is very hilly, but gorgeous.

http://harpethhillsmarathon.com/Maindrive.html

If you know Trent here on RA, he can give you good routes around Vandy, too.  There is also a good greenway (Shelby Bottoms) that you could drive to easily from Vandy.  I run in a suburb south of Nashville called Brentwood which has a great greenway, too.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

Twocat, what RunnerKSA said about Percy Warner Park is true, "It is very hilly, but gorgeous."

6 easy miles around my very flat park.

Paul