Masters Running

Monday - 9/8 - Runs and observations (Read 470 times)

evanflein

Tim, the first race I ever used a chip in was a 5 miler in Anchorage. Pretty large race for Alaska standards, and I was surprised to see there was only a finish mat, not a start. Since it had a chip, I didn't worry about where I was in the lineup and could've started further up. Still, had a good time and probably only "lost" a few seconds (like 20) in getting going. Having a chip finish helps prevent the mix up of finishers at the end though. So, while it's not as good as a chip start and finish, it's better than no chip at all. I'm surprised that for a marathon of that size (you said 6,000? really?) that they wouldn't have a mat at the start, and even half way through. (Carlsbad was about 10,000 I think... and they had mats all over the place)
    DickyG

Maine: Happy birthday, pal. For your present, you don't have to cut my grass this week. Timbo: I feel your pain. That's exactly the way they do it at the Peachtree. Your gun time is your official time but they will allow you to use your chip time for the next year's qualifying time...go figure. DickyG
        Maine: Happy birthday, pal. For your present, you don't have to cut my grass this week.
        Thanks everyone, and DickyG I really appreciate the break pal...I was begining to worry about fitting you in! Wink Well with tomorrow's weather report of thunderstorms and my schedule I ended up switching my schedule around and did Tuesday's scheduled run today: 12 x .5 mile repeats w/1 minute recovery jogs: 72 degrees and 54 % humidity. 2.70 mile warmup - 23:21 (I screwed up and forgot to hit the right button on my Garmin at the start of my first repeat so that ended up just being part of my warm up...I could feel it later I'll tell ya!) 1 - 3:26 2 - 3:24 3 - 3:25 4 - 3:20 5 - 3:23 6 - 3:24 7 - 3:23 8 - 3:24 9 - 3:25 10 - 3:28 11 - 3:23 12 - 3:08 2.24 mile cool down - 20:42 12.35 miles total - 1:36:38 (7:49) Avg HR 135 Max HR 163 If I did this right this is the graph for my HR during this run: (it took a while but I finally got it) you can see that first screw up at the beginning of my repeats...oh well. Confused

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Started off this week's taper with with ultragoddess arf/divechief lunch and chance to get to the bottom of lynden's claim that he ran the Skagit Flats Marathon but didn't see them, not even on the out-and-back where you normally see everyone. I've run it before so got enough information from the happy items to confirm they were there but, apparently, never saw lynden. Were you wearing the red-bordered white singlet and black compressions? No particular reason lynden <>capricorn one/capricorn one)>>> but, even if you were too busy pacing, striding, surging, etc. to recognize her, just wondering if you were really there, . . . I mean, . . . if you might have see any goddesses in yellow MM singlet and white/red bordered shorts and, if so, do you happen to remember what color hair? (hint - might have been out in the sun preparing for upcoming SoCal appearance with famed goddess queen). humm, come to think of it, I never saw you at last year's NODM either. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Bob, this is a super workout. You backed off the time in order to get more volume and took a very short interval rest. This is the way to do an interval workout. Very nicely done. Spareribs
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

HOORAY FOR THE RED SOX! DH and DS will come home late tonight very happy. They called me from the stadium - they were in the outfield, next to the first base line. They said they could see everything really well. DH sounded like a little boy, he was so excited.
                7 miles on the treadmill at 8:17 mile pace. Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Gordon, somethin' even more than just the hot day out along the section lines must have been goin' on at this year's Skagit. A couple I knew from the Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon were aiming for Skagit to get the husband BQ'ed as the wife had done at Tunnel. He was within a minute of qualifying at tunnel , . . . but missed by 25 minutes in his Skagit chance. She didn't need to quaify but was 45 minutes slower at Skagit.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

He's headed to the Royal Victoria Marathon for another chance. <>hint/hint)>>>

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

<>portand posie}}}>>>

evanflein

Tet! She was there!! (and so was Gordon!!) 165 4:03:57 Gordon Clark M 46 405 4:54:33 Corrine Austerman F 45 She was there! Couldn't find Dave, but I'm sure he was there in some spirit or another.... Gordon, Tet's suggestion of the RVM to BQ is a good one... treat this as a long run and go again!! You CAN do this!! I ended up needing a rest day. The thought of going to the gym just made me want to cry. So... figured I needed to get to the store, pick up some stuff for a quick stir fry pasta dinner and go home. Looking at being in bed around 9 pm which is just about half an hour away, and oh so early for me but it's calling.
                        SteveP

Happy Birthday Mainerunnah. I bet it was joyous
                          Good Morning. Gordon - sorry you didn't do as well as you wanted to at the Marathon. Sounds like things just weren't lining up for you and that's okay - there's always other marathons to conquer. My son had his first football game this weekend (flag football). His team lost, but DS scored the only touchdown of the game, so he was pleased with that. But then every team he was going for lost yesterday - the Seahawks, the 49ers, then the Colts. I was hoping at least ONE of his teams would win! Okay - tonight is the Packers and Vikes. I'm from MN, so I'm still a Vikings fan. DS is a Packers fan. And this one time only I'm really hoping the Packers will win so that my son doesn't feel like every team he likes are losers. Next weekend the Seahawks versus the 49'ers will be an interesting game at our house. DS will go for the Hawks, DH is a diehard 49er fan. I wonder if I have the endurance to just leave and go for a run for 3 hrs. Not sure I want to be in the house during that one. .
                          We've got the Detroit Liedowns in mean Lions to look forward to. Cry

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet! She was there!! (and so was Gordon!!).
                            thanks Equinox goddess; maybe there will be some photographic evidence. Smile