Masters Running

TGIF 12/18 - one more week 'til Christmas runs & such..... (Read 422 times)

Mariposai

It seems to me like we are all going to have to Erika-up this weekend.

---unless you are basking in the sun.

enjoy the gift mis amigos.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Yea, I hear the weather will be awful this weekend.  SIL is reporting that they are expecting one to two feet of snow.  Bummer.  Here south of the equator it will be a balmy 80 or so tomorrow.  Yawn . . .   My not very sincere sympathies to all of you plowing through the white stuff.    Yes, I am happy to be here and not there.  By request here is another picture from down under.  This one is from yesterday which is your today.   It was the worst weather of the trip so far, 73 and cloudy!  Oh well.  The photo is of a street in Sydney near the hotel.  It is about a quarter mile or so from the opera house.

Today, your tomorrow, we left Sydney are are now at Daintree which is up north.  Our hotel is in the rain forest as you can see in this photo.  The hotel rooms are really bungalows up on stilts in the trees.  Really just a gimmick.  The place is on a steep hill and rather than build the units into the hill they built them out and put stilts under them.

From this pictures angle you are looking at the front entrance of a room.  On the left hand side of the picture you can see the back corner of another unit that shows a little bit of what is going on with the supports to make it seem like each bungalow is literally in the trees.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Maniac 505

Twocat,  I am enjoying following your travels.  over 20 years ago I took a mega trip,  three months in New Zealand, one lap of the country by bicycle (2000 miles) followed by 3 months in Australia, (In OZ I had my bike each time I got off the train.)  

lots of memories that will last a life time.  I learned to SCUBA in Cairns (If I recall correctly, near where you are at now?  I took a train trip to the rain forest and cycled back down to town.  (If I am miss remembering the location I can double check)

Are you going to make it down to Perth?  one of my best memories was the weekend I spent camping on Rotnest island.  (You could rent a pre set up tent)  very touristy island, but when the last ferry left and just the locals and overnighters were left it turned into a totally different place.

and as for my running,  still no speed work, (MUST RUN FAST SOON)  5 to 6 miles most days,  15-20 once or twice a month depending how I feel. (sort of like the training schedule of an ultra runner that I used to know)  not a schedule that will help my speed at all but hopefully I can jog a marathon more or less when I want to.  Regestration just opened up for Batan Death March marathon.  I need to register soon and if I can stay healthy I really think I need to work on dropping 10 pounds or so and pick a goal race some time next year.

Sorry I have been so sporadic on posting.  I am making a pre-new years resolve to try to do better.

Later

Dave