Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 1.21.18 (Read 39 times)

Dave59

60° today at race #2 of the local "Winter Series".

Race was at 2:00. Lunch was at noon. I don't recommend having a cheese burger and fries that close to a run. It was a little unpleasant.

Forgot my Garmin. Thought I was running a bit faster than it turned out.

4 miles

38:21 / 9:36 pace
    37 of 122 over all
    25 of 54 male
    7 of 16 age group (50-59)

evanflein

Dave, did you forget you had a race in a couple hours? Funny choice for pre-race lunch. Good job getting it done though.

I sure hope Mike E wasn't watching....

I can’t believe the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!  Sorry, Vikings folks.  I was surprised at how the game went.  I am used to being disappointed, but not tonight!    I was hoping for a Jags win in the first game, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

catwhoorg

Labrat

HM. Decent time (1:42:10) on a touch course and 1st in AG.

I'll type up something in the RR thread later this week.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein

Nice job, Cat!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Got out of having to listen to the last two quarters of the Vikes/Eagles game by a 6pm meet-up I thought I'd timed for the end of the game and I even got out of listening to most of the third quarter too by walking the mile to the meet-up instead of listening to more.  I never break vows I've made in the past no matter what but if I ever broke my vow to hate the Patriots as much as the Yankees, I would be saying "Go Pats" now too.   Unfortunately, I might actually mean it.

Dear ADandSteve - I shoveled up two big boxes worth of probably 3,000 acorns

from nearby trees in Sept/Oct and build a multi-level squirrel feeder

to watch them eat and hoard as many acorns as I can put out every day.

Blue jays love 'em too.

jay - neat ruse to invite people to give speeches to boost Sunday attendance.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

TwoCat,

Would insurance cover damage from an ice damn?

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Dear ADandSteve - I shoveled up two big boxes worth of probably 3,000 acorns

from nearby trees in Sept/Oct and build a multi-level squirrel feeder

to watch them eat and hoard as many acorns as I can put out every day.

Blue jays love 'em too.

jay - neat ruse to invite people to give speeches to boost Sunday attendance.

I did that a couple of years ago when our oak tree produced extravagantly.  Every squirrel that I saw take one immediately ran and buried it.  not sure any ever got eaten.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.