Masters Running

Monday How Many Ways Can We Fix Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs Runs?? (Read 774 times)

Renee the dog

{{{Perch}}}  I get a lot of knots in that area, and have found that rolling around on a hard 2" superball works them out nicely.  A foam roller wasn't pinpointed enough for me.

Today, I finally got off the Easter jag and did 20 min of yoga (my body is in shock) and then ran 3 miles with Renee this afternoon.  I felt uncoordinated out there. Nothing hurt, pace was fine, but I felt as if I didn't know how to run.  First real running day since the OD, so it is expected.

First day of counting calories again.  Why does Lent always start for me after Easter? 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Holly---the transformation is wonderful. What a change from the tiny kitchen in your former house and now this. The wood floors look super and the tile work looks great too. I've seen it up close folks and it's even better in person. Good on you as well for getting something done every year. My father was an architect and like the cobbler's children without shoes, out house was always in some stage of renovation ----almost finished, but not quite. Same here in my house. You are a woman of action.

Francesca!! Wow is right and impressive. You are so low key and gracious too. Great running.

I ran 8.7 easy miles this morning at 5:15 am and then hit the road for a work day in Boston at Berklee College of Music. I park under the Prudential Center and walk over to their main building on Boylston. What do I see as I emerge from the tunnel ramp, but a Boston Marathon banner and a large image of Ryan Hall---looking straight at me. EEK. I love working with this school. My meetings were all on the sixth floor of their main classroom and administration building and I always walk up the stairs so I can hear all the music---just like the jazz they teach, each floor has a different beat and vibe. Student auditions were underway today, so the music was spectacular.

Anyway, nothing to do with running or maybe all to do with running with all our various beats, rhythms, improv, and jamming. Didn't hurt to see Livingston Taylor fly down the stairs past me on the way to teach a class.

Waved at Fenway for ya Aamos!

Go UConn women!!!!

Congrats to you and your daughter wildchild. 

Way to go Nono.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Thank you all for your comments, you give me too much credit, those were a lot of slooooow miles!!!

I haven't had a chance to do any running since Saturday, thought of going to the gym after work tonight but  the dark cloudy sky is telling me to go home right away.  Will run tomorrow for sure rain or shine.

A nice evening to all!

Francesca

Franc59 I will second, third, forget it too many to count how impressive a run that was!  Holy smokes!

perchcreek I hope you turn out to be quickly recovered.  

Aamos yea, just tell that to the vast majority of people!  20 miles would cause most people out there to keel over.  Very well done "pokey" or not.

DW ran 11 this past Saturday.  So she is keeping on schedule.  She was training with two other women for the same HM.  But one has come down rather ill with bronchitis.  I hope she recovers in time but it does not look good for the race.  I am a bit worried as that was the "group" leader.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the two remaining trainees can keep each other going to the end here.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Maniac 505

and for delayed easter egg hunts, uses.  Many years ago I lived in montana.  a buddy of mine used to put on an easter botlte hunt every year.  airplane kind of miniture bottles.  lots of fun for adults.  no kids allowed.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I start  a week long training today. Wish me luck.

Posie -  Not that I think that you should be tapering instead of all those 20 miles runs, etc.

but Wenatchee, especiallhy with divechief, is less than two weeks away the day before Boston.

However, be careful in Olympia; you'll probably end up being the teacher.

ps - Francesca, it'd only be 52.4 miles but, since the Boston Marathon finish is in Boston,

maybe you could do a warm-up run from Boston to the start and then back.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Karin, my DH went to Berklee College of Music - he majored in guitar.  Cool that you got to hear lots of good music there.

Holly, awesome floors!  So your refrigerator is back in the kitchen, or did you decide you liked it in the living room?

Francesca, that was an awesome ultra, slow or not!  How do you feel today?

We didn't do much for Easter since we were driving home most of Sunday. But I did get some jelly beans and a chocolate rabbit for DD.  No hard boiled eggs, although we usually love decorating them.  We might have to do some next weekend instead.

Today was warm and windy and I was planning an easy walk/run at lunch but I forgot my running shoes - Doh!  So I walked 3.25. miles instead, in my clogs.  It was so windy it would have been hard to run anyway.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Kevin, so looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks, and henrun, marg, and all the other local folks -- what's your plan, deez?

Can't believe 2 weeks from now Marathon Monday will be drawing to a close!!

I am definitely planning on going to Robins Sunday afternoon...........friday might hit the expo with a friend before I go in to work for the night - really wish I could get that night off but highly doubtful!!  Saturday would love to hook up with Holly, Erika and the rest of you from here, but also feeling like I should go to my running group's pizza party at Salvatores in Lawrence - not sure yet.    Any game plans?  How are your plans for the weekend shaping up Amy? everyone else?  do we have a big group going to robin's?

We also have a big post-marathon party at the same place and tonight a group of us worked on a dance routine/skit we'll perform that night!

No running for me yesterday or today and waaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooo much eating!!  need to stop NOW!!

But, did get my Trek bike all tuned up, new front tire, new bike shoes and I am so twitching to get out for a ride - unfortunately working the next 3 nights in a row Sad  tomorrow run, rest, work

so many to shout out to but i know i'll miss something so i'm just going to say -- Holly i LOVE t hose floors and i think you are ALL AMAZING!!

denise