Masters Running

Tammy's Newport Marathon PR/RR (Read 470 times)

Super duper run and report.

At this stage of cutting half hour chunks out of your time each Marathon, you will be setting world records in no time.

I love the time in a race when you need to concentrate and the best place to look is right down at the ground.

Thanks for sharing the report.

Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy – I know what you mean about something that is not a hill at mile 5 or 10 being a hill at mile 25.  Remember at Seattle R&R, there was a freeway overpass at mile #25, and it was quite a steep hill.  It hadn’t even shown up on the elevation profile, but at that point in the race it was almost cruel.

Thanks for a great report and congratulations on your HUGH PR!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Fantastic run, Tammy!  You should be so very proud of yourself.  A 30 min PR.  Just amazing!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Congratulations Tammy on a very strong race and hugh PR!!

The pictures of the gang were great, Thanks!

I agree about smaller races, much more relaxing.

Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

#artbydmcbride

Awesome job, Tammy!     Next year with oysters!  Big grin

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oops, I missed your RR till now...

What a wonderful RR and vivid description of your well ran race Tammy. Like others, I followed your training for this Marathon and your training was "Rock Solid". Sometimes you just know when a person is going to have a great race, and I felt like you were primmed for a great effort................you Rocked your Marathon Girl  Congrats on a Huge PR, and thanks for taking us along on your journey.....can't wait to follow your next one (and hope to be there to see you and Laura again)

Sorry Laura felt bad for whatever reasons......but She had a big PR also.

Your RR too long................heavens no, I coulda read much more of your experience at Newport

Thanks Tam,

Tim 

PS: Next time post your RR here at RA first....THEN copy and paste it over at Kick

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!