Masters Running

Friday November 8 Runs and What-Not (Read 43 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Holly - what Leslie said.  Buy it!

4 easy miles on the TM watching The Punisher (again).  They need to get a new rotation at the cardio cinema. The run was sandwiched between a fizzy lifting session and a great spinnerooni session (it was "race day" even though the bikes don't go anywhere).  Two shirts worth of sweaty.

Have a great weekend!  I'll be giving my blood away tomorrow - #144.  Just two gallons to go...then they give me a dinner.  I won't be able to quote Red Buttons anymore.

lamerunner

Greetings! Holly, fantastic photo.  You look great, and also it makes me want to go there.

Jay, good luck with Sunday's race. Running the race is easier than "running" the race...

6.5 miles for me this morning and some yoga at lunch.

Good luck to this weekend's racers.. I have kind of lost track...

C-R

Nice pic Holly. Love the text too.

TC - we played all square @ 5s. It was fun though.

I put a new sticker on the car today 0.0. Some of the parents at the XC club didn't think it too funny. But hey, that's how I roll. CR Jr. thought it was hilarious too.

Easy 7 recovery miles today.

Now off to movie night. Despicable Me. Love those minions.

Good luck racers. Run like you stole something.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Go racers go!!!!!

Just a quick post here to say that after a long day of meetings I had the chance to go out for a 6 miles zombies run (hush, I am trying to make my base bigger and better than you know who). When I got back, the Easy Pacer started cooking pork chops, his specialty, for dinner awaiting the arrival of Dievechief. We just finished eating dinner and I must say, it is so good to have our dear friend visiting us again.

Ohh, by the way, Divechief is an amazing micro-brewer...a sekrit talent we never knew this amazing guy had!

Dievechief beers, anyone?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I put a new sticker on the car today 0.0. Some of the parents at the XC club didn't think it too funny. But hey, that's how I roll. CR Jr. thought it was hilarious too.

No sense of humor.  Next one should be the silhouette of a couch.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

lamerunner

Stumpy, I like the idea... I have seen one that says, " 2.62, yeah I run too..." also.  I confess I am not  an oval sticker fan, but I may  just be a curmudgeon.  My first marathon was 1977 and the heyday well before oval stickers...

Snow may be coming...!!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thank you Holly!

Now there's three spectacular running photos I've seen since I starting buying the running rags in 1977.   One of 'ems out here and needs you in it too someday.  <<<(WhiteRiver)>>>>

If I see a bumper sticker around here that says 262.2, it'll probably be francesca's. .

I'll take 00.00

/

.Me too skier mom, but nothing like the ancient one.who's been running almost longer than he is old.

Did you see cycling Sal’s right dismount mishap yesterday?  I didn’t know about mounting horses but, unlike becoming as ambidextrous in the feet as possible by challenging each other in those days to see who could get the farthest down ski runs in the deepest moguls possible on only one ski, backwards or forwards, butterflies, etc. without falling down, my one experiment on both sides of cycling fortunately fizzled before it became too sal-like. Have you been running pretty regular marathons ever since?

ps - I am not jealous of dive chief spending the weekend with the butterflies and enke.
                However, if there’s any time for a run, maybe check out mari’s planned course for the half-mari she’s planning for sometime in the middle of next April, I think.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Leftworkabitearly.....mykeyboard is a bit funky.

HOLLY - such an awesome photo!!!  And not the scenery, although that isn't too bad either.

SO enjoying my weekend sans kids....and doggie, found a good sitter for him this weekend.  Did 4 fartlek miles with doggie before it got dark.  Lots of speed sessions followed by sniff breaks.

I hope Mariposai introduces me to Kernel hill, I am looking forward to a challenge,

Enjoy the weekend.

Enke

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

New skirt in town

Holly, that rates as one of the most fantastic race photos EVER!  Not only is the scenery beautiful, but you look beautiful in it, running so gracefully and with such a happy look on your face!

That photo should be on the race website!!

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA