Masters Running

Rogue River Half Marathon report (Read 295 times)

Nice job Tammy!! Sounds like you ran it perfectly especially since you wanted it more as a training run than a full out race!! Congrats and keep training strong!!

denise

Prince of Fatness

Darn good result for a training run. Nice work.

Not at it at all. 

Great job on what was basically a training run Tammy! I am betting running on chip trails is very difficult indeed - sort of like running on sand. This sounds like a really great little race - I love the $20 fee. I wish there were more races like this around. Anyway, congrats on a great run Tammy.

Once a runner . . .

#artbydmcbride

Great job, very consistent pacing! I know you have lots faster half marathons in you on a better course. Nice to see your wardrobe is becoming mostly former race attire. Big grin

Runners run

Top 'O the World!

Verra nice! Cool Thank you! ref FR: when did you run Boulder?
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            TammyinGP

Donna, I never ran Boulder. In fact, I've never run a marathon, yet I have a few pieces of marathon attire. Tet has given me a few things. And one year, my friend John ran Boulder and the cap was in their giveways so he gave it to me. Leslie - this race starts in the town of Rogue River, which is just 5 miles from Grants Pass. It is a nice race, you should come up sometime. Next race is a Shamrock 5 miler and the entry is $5. Gotta love these small town races! I would say most of the races put on by our running club are right around $8-10. They keep the costs down by not having a bunch of goody bag stuff. Although they always manage to have quite a few door prizes they give away which is nice. Thanks for all the comments on my RR. I appreciate it.

Tammy

Leslie - this race starts in the town of Rogue River, which is just 5 miles from Grants Pass. It is a nice race, you should come up sometime.
                I'll have to keep that in mind. Grants Pass isn't that far from us, and it's a perty drive.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I tend to feel stressed when running with someone that I know is or can be faster and worry too much about slowing them down, so it was nice to run solo the rest of the race and not feel like I was holding her back.
                  I know exactly what you mean. I even get nervous just doing a training run with someone who I know is faster than me (like mostly everyone). I think you did an awesome job on this race, especially since you haven't been running that much lately, have you? A very respectible finishing time, and a course PR - nice job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Hi Tammy, Maybe you should treat every race as a "training run" if it'll result in a 2 min. improvement vs the last time at that race! A lot of times, we just don't realize how much a change in racing surface, especially when it goes from hard surface to soft surface, can take a toll on the legs. So it's not really a surprise that you did better before you hit the soft surfaces than after. Still, you had a terrific race! I also love the smaller, no frills races. While it is fun to be part of a big 'event' race every once in a while, it is the smaller, simpler races that keep the focus on the pure joy of just being out there, competing. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice early-season running tam-san, and fast with a course PR too. Must have been the yellow shirt for the Seattle marathon (&half) that we miss you at every year. Smile Shirt or no shirt, see you soon at the Seattle RnR in June. We're really looking forward to your first marathon bein' up here where you did some of your early running.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)