Masters Running

The Friday Daily, 2.21.14 (Read 37 times)

C-R

Hey gang. Doubled today (10k at lunch and 4 1/4 with kiddo) slow and then fast. Kid sure keeps me moving.

We had sunshine and 40s. There's this green stuff between my door and the street. Not sure what it is but it seems safe enough.

Sorry about the weather Jay. Better safe.

Smart move Holly. Think long term. We experienced runners don't heal so fast.

It sounds like a nice run Mariposai. Worth traveling to do.

Nice NLPA. I didn't know you could run Biltmore. What a pretty place. hard to believe it was built for just a family of 3.

I would love to run Gasparilla. I heard that is such a blast of a week party in Tampa. And I fancy myself a modern day buccaneer. So there's that.

Well off to watch some Olympics. Bummer about the US men and women's hockey teams but they played well. Just were beaten by a better team that day. Oh and is it me or does everyone just love watching the XC ski races. That is hardcore tough.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

Flight delays have me stuck in Chicago tonight. Traveling is so much fun.

NHLA

CR  I have run the Biltmore 15k two times.  You can get a year pass and run all over the estate. The trail from the lagoon to the mansion is awesome and the trails by the French Broad  and Swananawa rivers are flat.

Maniac 505

Hiya Aamos,  Terse is good.  I'm so terse I usually don't even post.

RE: Tampa Gasperilla,  My former partner and I registered for it a few years ago,  I ended up injured and she had surgery a few days before so we were both DNS, What really surprised me about Tampa, I am used to west coast cities, People actually live in cities on the west coast.  No one lives in Tampa.

I forgot to pack shorts.  I asked the hotel where I could buy some.  there was no place in town.  I would have had to take a 10 mile taxi ride if I didn't want to wear the same pair for 3 days.  On race day, we walked to the aquarium,  we passed one Condo that looked like no one lived there,  almost no cars on the road, and almost no restraunts open.

It seemed really alien to me,  Not to say the Marathon wasn't great, but does anyone have any info on what we missed about the town?

Jay, I am with you on the four distinct seasons but wish each of them would be three months long.

Karin - glad you got a break to CA and CO even though you had to work, the weather must have been great. Good luck in your race.

Dave, sorry you got stuck in Chicago. I never get to travel for work, but I am sure that those that do do not think it is much fun.

posai, I wish I could come run your race, I am sure it will be awesome. I will check out your website. great job.

Amy, I see you are still running many many marathons, you seem to have a lot of great running friends.

No running today since my legs are a bit achy from that run on Wednesday. I know it will get better. I have had my gym bag packed since the first of the year but have not gotten there until today. Renewed our membership at the YMCA, a steal at $500 for the year for both of us. Anyway, 30 minutes steady on the bike then into to pool! Yeah, I had it all to myself and managed 300M but it was not easy,,,or pretty, but I got it done.  I still need to figure out what Garmin to buy since mine is lost.  Don't go two months between workouts, OK?

Good running and racing to everyone this weekend.  Is MikeE still around? Does he have a snowblower yet?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich