Masters Running

Daughter Sandy's Bayshore Marathon (Read 295 times)

Someone's wearing Michigan State stuff! I like this family. Congratulations to your DD and to you as a proud Papa. Having grown up in Michigan, I seriously considered running the Bayshore before deciding on Eugene. Maybe some other year! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Sounds like a good start to Sandy's marathoning career. By now, according to my count, there are at least four Selby marathoners, including your brother? And pretty soon the kids will be whipping the old man out there. Wink Congratulations to you both on having such a great experience!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

huskydon

Congratulations to Sandy! Given her preparation, it seems like she did as well as was possible. This is the way to do it, and it sets her up for future runs as well. I have quite impressed with the even pacing. So cool that Dad could support her in the last miles. Dad should be very proud! huskydon
          Thanks so much for this report tselbs and congratulations to your daughter Sandy! She is a marathoner now and there's no turning back. I loved how you did the last portion together so you could be there to beam as she crossed the line. Nothing better than sharing this whole experience. Awesome! CNYrunner/Karin

I love to run!

Well done to Sandy!! Cool
            One More Mile
              Yesssss! SANDY SANDY SANDY! Congratulations to Dad and Sandy! I am so happy that she ran her first marathon with her eyes open. She knew what she had and how to use it. Thanks for sharing this, Tom. After two half marathons, lilmissrosie has stated, "I'm not going to run that far anymore." So I'm glad I can cheer for Sandy, lilmisstselbs! Sandy looks fabulous at the finish. And how fun to meet Batman and Robin and Larry!
              LaVita

Marathon Maniac #957

A big congratulations to Sandy, the MARATHONER!! Boy, that's a great finishing photo, too - she looks great, running strong across the finish line.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Congratulations Sandy! ( I hope she is reading these responses). You did great and you beat your brother's time!! You have every right to be a proud papa Tom! Thanks for posting this! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Cheers to Sandy--thanks for letting us share a little of the day and your pride and her accomplishment. grins, A
                    Masters 2000 miles

Top 'O the World!

How awesome for both of you!! Smile Congratulations!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        Ah to be young and determined and thus able to run a marathon with less than an ideal amount of training . . . You and her should both be proud of her grit and ultimate accomplishment.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/