Masters Running

Saturday July 25 Daily Thread (Read 336 times)

Mariposai

I enjoy my massages too. I even take my own music and scents of choice to make the bliz a little bit more personal.

6 easy miles on a blistery hot and  high humidity day with the naughty beeper on my hip. The good thing is that I did not receive any page until I was in the shower. . This is going to be long on-call weekend. I sure hope I can fit in a LR tomorrow.

Great running and good news about peerch and tramps, it is so good to see ya running well again.

Hi Ribs.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

spacityrunner

I did not get to run or swim at all yesterday so my mileage for the week was way low.  But I had a 5K tonight so I knew I would make it up. 

Did a little one mile warm up and then the 5K started at 8 p.m.  in the rain, thunder and lightening (ok, the thunder and lightning started after we all started) hot and humid i managed to pull off a 32:03 for a 10:19 m/m.  I am psyched.  I did this same race last year and it took me 42 minutes.  10:42, 10:16, 10:11 and .1 in 8:28.  HR avg 174, Max 191 (that is high but it was hot)

I made a rookie error and stopped at the 3 mile mat (it was dark, I can't see for crap in the dark anymore) as I thought we were done...it took about 30 sec of listening to the runners around me swearing and swerving and I realized my error...whoops...hit the start button on Mr. Garmin and high tailed it to the finish line.

I thought of Erika at the start of the race cause just as we crossed the start mat an Alaskan Airlines plane took off from regan national...I could see the hairy guy on the tail....and I thought of all the lessons I have learned from all of the folks here...and than I just thought of running, pure running...and the joy of it. 

Tomorrow I will swim in the a.m. and then run a short 3ish or so in the pm...

Good day and good runs everyone

Trails Rock!

Wow!  Good speed, runningindc!    Congratulations.   I can understand not seeing well at night, and think I will just stay away from running at night.  The idea is fun, though. 

I had a good run  - about 4 and a half miles - today.   I went much further than I ever had in one run segment - about 40 min. or so.  Not at all fast, but I am training to do a 4 and a half mile race in 3 weeks that is my anniversary race (of running), so am very excited about this. 

Looks like a lot of people had good runs today.   Great!    Woods Lady 

evanflein

Oh Liz, that's funny. He's an Eskimo!! Now I'll always think of him as the hairy guy on the tail. Too funny. Alaska Airlines had a survey awhile back asking Alaskans what they wanted as the log on "their" planes. The Eskimo won, so there he is. Glad he provided some motivation for your race!

I got in 6.2 miles today, later than planned but that's ok. Have a 16.5 mile trail race with lots of hills, and net downhill, tomorrow morning. Trying to remember that racing is supposed to be just "fun" these days as I've sworn off (more or less) chasing PR's. If a PR happens, that's cool, but it's not the goal this summer.

SteveP

reverse taper on a liver????

Kewl Perch

3.1  with GS, then spent the rest of the day at Lake Michigan with DW, DD#2 and Tag. The dog and I ran barefoot along the Sleeping Bear Dunes.

He finally went in water over his head..

He hated it!!!

I walked backward into deeper water while holding the dog. He curled his hind legs and tail to his chest while paddling with his front legs and looking up to DW to come get him. I hung on to him in the deeper water but his heart wouldn't quit racing. When we were near the water, he wouldn't let me get near him after that.

SteveP