Masters Running

Irregardlessly, it's Friday, 3.28.14 (Read 42 times)

Henrun

No running today although it was warmer. We did our usual Friday afternoon routine by lining up in the morning at Symphony Hall for rush tix for the afternoon BSO concert- got the tix, took a subway to the Museum of Fine Arts to see an exhibit, met friends for lunch and a fashion show and crossed the street for the concert- a great way to spend a non running day with a capital C for culture.

TW- my brother in law had a hip replacement a few years ago and very quickly returned to cycling and downhill skiing. When I was having my back problems several months ago I was assessed for a cortisone injection and was advised to hold off until PT was completed. It worked. You're getting good advice.

...thanks henry and erika//......it's just kind of frustrating,,,,,,,,,,,looks like I'm gonna be a PoolRunner from here on out,,,,,,,

I just feel bad

for the rest of you guys,

,,,,,,I may become a Wee Bit Deranged from the chlorine

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

NHLA

TW  I ran with a runner who had had a hip replacement Sunday. We ran trails for 90 min. He was so happy just to be able to run again.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no shot,

keep doing what I'm already doing

and

call the doc when I'm ready for a hip-replacement

I think you ought to call him Monday and tell him you are ready.

Otherwise, shall I send back some of the left-over purple pills?

Good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

,,,,,I may become a Wee Bit Deranged from the chlorine

ps - Dear Wee Bit -

don't blame the chlorine

That's why we keep loving running so much

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I have had it. Until it gets above freezing here for 24 straight hours I do not want to see pictures of anything blooming or otherwise spring like! It is totally freezing here. Another run for me this morning thinking mostly bad thoughts about whoever thought it was a good idea to leave the nice warm continent of Africa for colder climes to the north. Really if ever there was a bad idea that has to be it. As for me today it was 8 miles in the arctic tundra. (As usual evanflein is banned from commenting on my complaints about cold weather.)

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

TW  I ran with a runner who had had a hip replacement Sunday. We ran trails for 90 min. He was so happy just to be able to run again.

a hip replacement on Sunday and running today!!! amazing!!!

Boy, am I sorry now that I ignored my alarm this morning and had to be forced to run this afternoon when it was raining like in Seattle here (that is actually a phrase in my area where it rains very little, so when it is down pouring rain we say..it is raining like in Seattle). Well, I really enjoy running in the rain, but  not in the wind.... So I opted for a TM run. 8 miles, 5 at tempo while watching Star Trek.

I want to be an afternoon like henrun and Marj. A museum of Fine Arts afternoon, would love that!!!

TomWhite, we love you,  Wee Bit Deranged from the chlorine or not!

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

a hip replacement on Sunday and running today!!! amazing!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking! The only thing more fun than goofy grammar is fun with syntax! 

Twocat...   I'm actually not going to say much... although if you're complaining about temps in the low 30's with no wind, you need to stop that. Anything worse than that, and I'm right there with ya. This spring for us has had beautiful weather with bright sunny days, only a couple of windy days and temps in the mid-30's to low 40's. But... every night cools down so much, and the days aren't getting quite warm enough to get rid of most of the ice. And now we've had just warm enough days to really ice things up, and it's going to get cooler the next few days. Our road is so icy we had to go to 4wd to keep from going over the edge! So... I'm with ya, whining about the weather. I think we all deserve a break. Except for Aamos and Byyl. They've had it easy enough, time to turn up the heat!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Boy, am I sorry now that I ignored my alarm this morning and had to be forced to run this afternoon when it was raining like in Seattle here (that is actually a phrase in my area where it rains very little, so when it is down pouring rain we say..it is raining like in Seattle). Well, I really enjoy running in the rain, but  not in the wind....

No way was it raining there like it was raining like in Seattle today, - wet, cold, and windy..

Last week, we were on pace for the third rainiest March ever.

Now it's already the most.

Several runners from last week's Dizzy Daze 12-hour are running a 100 miler

in it down on Badger Mountain today (with 19,000' elevation).

There should be a law preventing such ultras in the winter.

We're the lucky ones though as every victim pulled from the Oso mud slide 55-miles north of here last Saturday while I was enjoying life 13 times around Green Lake reveals a heart breaking story. When his wife and son wondered why he wasn't waiting until Monday to go do a plumbing job up there, he said he didn't want them to spend the weekend without hot water.   It's up by Lynden-land so he's a lot closer to it

Seattle Rain March 2014 - Seattle Weather Blog

www.seattleweatherblog.com/tag/seattle-rain-march-2014/

6 hours ago ... March 2014: Seattle's Wettest March Ever ...Into the history books we go. . . For the umpteenth time this month, heavy rain is battering Seattle, with over half an inch falling this morning to reach 8.46 inches for the month, the wettest recorded March rainfall since 1891.

SteveP

Irregardless of what all y'll say, I don't care for that word.

Once in a while I enjoy the large races, Wildchild. They're street/trail parties that last for as many miles as you like.

Dave59., Im guessing that the delay may be due to 2014 elections. Will Rogers said, "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for"

Hi Roch!!

TW, is there a mad scientist who is developing a lightning/nuclear fission enhanced hip? I could see a movie deal in it for you. That would be so kewl.

Two cat, every job site I was at today, the truck's tires were spinning on ice covered roads.  Effectively stuck. One hill took a few tries. Occasionally, I'm asked if I'm nuts. Sometimes, my dog says I am. Other times he says, "Let's go run run run!". 7 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm fine. The last thing Siri said was, "May I suggest some websites about 'inappropriate behavior'?". Now she knows what "inappropriate behavior" is.

SteveP