Masters Running

starting SATURDAY (10/24) DAILY from Tokyo - having a good time for the last time (Read 371 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Carolyn said, "...channel my inner beers..."

That made me laugh.

Just walked with Veta the freshly groomed Mini Schnauzer today.  Through the swamp as per usual.  

Time for housework.  

Hope to play bridge with the neighbors tonight.

Jlynne, continued prayers and good vibes being sent to Wisconsin.  You're a good Granny.

Hiya Tesujin in Tokyo!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

lame, congrats to your daughter on her great race.  Sarge, it's good of you to work the finish line at your club's race.  jlynne, neat you got to hold little Leo/Will.  I hope moving up the surgery to Mon means he will be on his way to recovery that much quicker.  deez, good job at the 5K sponsored by your son's XC team.

Nice long run for CNY.

This morning it was in the mid 40s and windy.  Hopeful's rain hadn't arrived yet and I got in 8 miles in about 1:18:30 for a 9:48 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Slo

I just received a call from one of my sisters. My brother will be turning 40 on the 3rd and his DW turns 40 on the 31st. They live 3 hrs away from here.

The plans are:

We're all going to meet up in Ames.......Dress in Costumes that conceal our identity and go Trick or Treating at thier house.....Of course we will be the most beligerent Tricks-tr-Treaters one would ever want ! Help ourselves to the candy......Step in the house....a squirt gun.....a compressed air horn.....As a few of us are keeping them busy at the front door maybe we'll send one or two in back door....I can't even type this with out laughing out loud......

Sounds like fun, slo!

jlynne - we'll be thinking about Will on Monday

Early run for a Saturday.  We had some stuff to do early and I wanted to get this in.

3.1 miles, 28:51, 9:12/mi, AHR 134 (69% MHR)

"channel my inner beers"  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

I am beat and tired but wanted to quickly tell everyone that.......I won my first race (well, since highschool)I guess the really fast wussies was scared of the wind - cold - and rain. I ran the 4 miles to the race site just in enough time to leave me about 15 minutes till the start. Boy, I noticed there was not many runners there, maybe 40 or so. I then ran into my Doctor Friend I talk about sometimes and he was running the race too. Then I noticed another guy I know who's name is Chet...all 3 of us are 50 years old. We got to talking and by looking at the others, we all thought we possibly win. I told my Doc and Chet that I was not feeling very well and that I was not going to have a very fast race today (hehe)---------The race started and I had determined come hell or high water I WAS going to run the first mile easy, then pick it up from there......yeah, we all say that. It was painful to watch my Doc - Chet, and a few others take off and get a fairly big lead. But at mile 1 the Lady with a watch shouted 7:10 when I pass her.....I was not laboring at all. I then picked the pace up considerably, and by mile 2 I had passed a couple of runners that were ahead of me. I had My Doc and Chet in my sights now and passed Chet with about 1/4 to go and he had a shocked look on his face, but he had nothing in the tank to keep up with me. My Doc Fren kept looking over his left shoulder as he was smelling victory, and I stayed to the right as far as I could so maybe he wouldn't see me. Finally there was a short curve to the finish line, and I could see a little portable clock that read 19:42. I had a sub 20 in my sights and sprinted as hard as I could and passed my Doc Friend right at the finished line. As I turned around to find him I could see him say "Damn, you beat me" I went up and gave him a hug and told him what a great race that was between three 50 year olds. I ended up with 19:52, with my last 1.1 miles at 5:28 pace - my Doc 19:53 (his first sub 20 ever) and Chet at 20:02 which he was not happy about, and he was not very happy the I FINALLY beat him (grins) I ate half a bagel and some water, and put my cold running cloths back on and continued on with my run and ended up with 21.5 miles for the day - 3:07:03 - 8:42 ave pace - first ever negative split 5K--------With all the negative crap that has been going on with me....as most of you know, I just wanted to post something positive and fun------Tired and hungry TimBo (good luck if you made it through my one big paragraph, smiles)

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, TimBo, congrats on your first place finish!  Sounds like you actually ran a smart race for once!   But not quite fair, sneaking up on a guy on his blind side...

Slo, your family really knows how to party!  Weren't you the one with the exploding pumpkins a week or two ago?  Hey, exploding pumpkins would be perfect for your Halloween birthday bash at your brother's house!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tim.... you REALLY put the hammer down!  That was totally impressive. I guess your running shape is peak now! Sub 20,,, amazing dude!

(jaw dropped)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

We're all going to meet up in Ames .....

Had to re-read that one as I thought it said, ". . . going to meet up with the Ames . . ." (my last name), and I thought, well heck, we're not even at home!

A fly-by check-in while The Hub is sleeping off his many beers of last night.  We're still on vaca, but head home Monday.  I'm ready.  As always on vacation, it's hard for me to get runs in, but I've managed 3.  Today was a break in the "every other day" plan, since I wasn't able to get to sleep until about 3:00 a.m.  We're in Danvers, MA, right outside of Salem for the night, but are planning to head into Salem this evening.  The weather's pretty carpy (foggy and damp), but have to check out all the October festivities while we have the chance.  Will be wondering how many people are in costume and how many are actually being normal.

Congrats to Tim on his race!

{{{Hugs and many prayers for Baby Leo/Will and family.}}}

I'm out -

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet – nice start from the other side of the world…

Timbo – congratulations!

Jlynne – I’ll be praying for little Will on Monday.

Fatozzig - #10 will be Boston, of course.  

Slo – too funny!

Late post of an early run, since DS had soccer tournament games in Cincinnati.  More on tap for tomorrow, either one or two, depending on if they win the first one.

14.1 easy-paced miles for me this morning – the first 5.85 outside at (10:07) and then 8.25 more miles on the TM at (10:00), with a few stops and starts to deal with household stuff.  I felt my hamstring talking to me the whole time, but it never barked loudly.  Still, I wanted to be close to home in case it suddenly took a turn for the worse or I suddenly ran out of steam (which can easily happen a week after a marathon.

I probably didn’t need to run quite so far, but I was driven on by the knowledge of my increasing waistline and plans for a nice dinner out tonight with DH.  After dinner we’re going to see a play – Little Shop of Horrors, which should be fun.  There are several very nice theater options in our area, and some good shows coming up, so we’d like to do this a few times over the winter.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Wow, Tim! Awesome way to crank out a 20 miler with a 4-mile race in there. That's just great. Be careful now, sounds like you're in peak shape and it seems that's about when things start falling off the edges with you. When is your race? Hope you take your taper seriously and have an excellent run.

Jlynne, hugs and prayers be with you and your family and of course, baby Will and his surgeons. I hope this all turns out well. Hang in there, grandma!

I forgot Peter was running today, I thought it was a Sunday race. Hope to hear from him soon.

I really really really want to run today! It's a beautiful clear sunny day, crisp mid-20's now so not too cold. Just gorgeous; I can't believe the string of nice weather we've had this month. And no snow!! But... I'm thinking I should give my foot another rest day and DS2 wants to go to the gym. So, we'll go pick up whatever didn't sell at the ski swap (I'm hoping not much to retrieve) and then head to the gym. Should be done about the time DH comes home from Anchorage, so we'll go pick him up afterwards. 

Like Rosie I have housework to do today, too. Finally picked over the cranberries (lingonberries, actually) that I picked this fall. Just never could get out to get more, but I find now that I did get 1 qt. which should be enough to make some sauce.

evanflein

For all those who missed it, here's the picture Tetsujin tried to post earlier.

Fatozzig - #10 will be Boston, of course.  

Chalk it up to vacation brain.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

ahhh, there's my Tetsujin!  Always posing with pretty ladies I see!

congrats Tim on a great 5K and long run today!

Headed out for a 10 mile run this afternoon. perfect weather today, sunny and around mid 60's with just the right amount of crispness in the air. wonderful run.

this morning was my son's last football game before playoffs start next Sunday. They won and David scored the first two TD's. final score 24-6. They now have an undefeated season and have also won the points total for the season. They'll have two play off games on 11/1 and then if they win both of those, they'll have the championship game on 11/7. It was a fun game today!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, congrats to your DS on his football team win!

I decided to HTFU and go out for a run, even though it was still windy, plus it had started snowing and was SNOWING SIDEWAYS!  That was brutal. Glad to git-er-done.  4 miles with Tazzie and Ladybug, who kept me from blowing away.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.