Masters Running

12/15 saturdaze daily (Read 363 times)

Hi runners.

I just got home from work, no running for me today. As said before,I stay up all day Saturday,then go to sleep at night,like a normal person,after working 3rd shift Mon.-Friday

DW has some relatives coming into town from "up North" even though they are technically West of us. The boonies here in WI is always called "up North" regardless of which direction on the compass you came from.

I just got done loading (I THINK!) my Garmin info to this site. I'm not one of you techno dweebs,so I had to fumble my way through it. Can somebody please check if it viewable to you guys? Then let me know. Thanks!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RUNS TODAY!

BTW-I didn't comment in your thread about getting old and slowing down tetsujin209, but keep it going! I read your post and can say I feel your pain.  I'm not nearly as fast as I was when I was younger,but I think of how outstanding it would be if I could still be running at your age!

Mariposai

Good morning friends. A quick post as I am waiting for the rest of the crew who is taking us to the airport to get their morning coffee. In about 3 hours we will start our trip to Paraguay, which will take us from Seattle to Dallas, Dallas to Miami, Miami to Asuncion, Paraguay. 

No running today, but yesterdays' 11 smile miles still is fresh in my mind.

Last night my DH, our son David his roommate Alex and I went to the Seattle International district to meet up with our famous tetsujin for dinnner.

What a fun time we had as we all discussed our "2013 race plans"

Here is a picture of me an Santa tetsujin at the Japaneses store prior to dinner.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

Drake--you need to set your log so it's viewable; no way for us to see it.  (Click "options" in the upper right.  Then "my log preferences."  Chose the option that makes your log viewable.  If it's working, you'll have that little bar chart icon beneath your name.)

Mari--have a great trip.  (I had no idea Tet had a beard.)

Perfect running temps this morning; 34F at the start.  Went to a nearby state park for a change of scenery.  18 sproinky miles and 21 whitetail deer.

Be safe. Be kind.

...Great Pic mari//

=========

Mixed Results on the ARC Trainer..........15-min Trial Work-Out

...I could either be Hurt

or

........it could Go Away

Meh.

>>>>>>>>>>currently considering having a Plan C

...............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Oh I remember those 3rd shift days. We worked 12s and it was hard to catch up with the rest of the world. All the best Drake. Nice pic Mari. Safe travels and enjoy that trip. Good one Tramps. Sproingy. Heh. I got 14.5 in 44 and drizzle today. Have another run slated tonight and another long one tomorrow. Doing some testing and soul searching. DW gets better every day and we have lots of friends over to help and keep company. It really helps her spirits. We are blessed with so many great people in our lives. Have a great day everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Jeff F

Free Beer

Nice running and safe travels...

I know I am new here and I will eventually get to know all of you better and will try to participate a litte more.

Today I got off my lazy butt and did a little over 9 miles on the bike trail.  After yesterday's tragedy I needed some solitude to send my thoughts and prayers to the families who experienced what no parent should have to go through; I just can't fathom the evil that would do this.

Not much else to say...

Later.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!

Drake--when I was in the Air Force, we worked swings and mids.  For 3 days we worked from 3:00pm to 12:00am, then have a "24 hour" break, and work 3 days from 10pm to 7am--then we'd have 3 days off and start all over again,  Well, if you went home and slept after getting home from work at 12:30am, you'd wake up at 8 or so and be up until you worked at 10 and then have to stay up untill you got home the next morning.  Then, of course, on the 3 days off, we'd get home at 7:30am and who wants to sleep the day away during your days off?  So we'd stay up all day.  It was really hard to adjust, so I can really sympathize with you.

Have a great trip Posie!

Nice run, this morning, Tramps.  Is Boston your next marathon?

Good luck with Plan C, TW.  I admire your persistance.  I think I'd have given up a long time ago.  I know you won't though!

DW gets better every day and we have lots of friends over to help and keep company. It really helps her spirits. We are blessed with so many great people in our lives.  

That's really cool, Norm. 

I ran 11.1  miles, last night in 1:27:13.  The roads and sidewalks are still a mess from our 16" of snow last weekend.  It's raining, now so, while it will wash some of the crusty junk off the sidwalks, I'm sure we'll have one big skating rink out there when the sun goes down. 

I finally finished our Christmas letter.  It's really not all that good, this year.  I just couldn't get into it.  For the new year, I really am going to work hard at finding a new job.  This one just keeps sucking all the fun out of me.  My boss called me ths morning, demanding answers about a project I'm managing.  I know that a lot of it is me and my personality, but I really have a hard time with certain people and I work with two of those type of people I have a hard time with....and one of them is my boss...and the other one thinks he's my boss.  Oops--sorry--I hate coming on here, complaining about my job--sorry.

In other news...I probably shouldn't say anything so I don't jinx myself...but Eric has been getting up and getting himself to work everyday this week.  One week of driving under his belt and, except for sliding into a curb during a blizzard, he's had no mishaps.

Okay--that's it--I gotta go!  Good luck to everybody racing, this weekend!

Oh--hi, Jeff--I didn't see you there.  I love your avatar, by the way....hmmm...is it too early for one?

Safe travels Mariposai and family and nice visit with St. Tet, er Nick! (note that I didn't say Old Nick...)

Opted for sleep instead of the Fat Ass 50k this morning. Two of my elementary school teacher friends (two of the Js) called and we ran 20 miles---1 mile for each young life lost far too early and senselessly. Ran loops at the reservoir at ICP--intense conversation pace. Dr. J can no longer run but I'll see her tomorrow for a cup of joe and catch-up time.

So glad to hear that your wife is getting ever stronger each day C-R. 

Thanks Tramps. I just did what you said.

OK,can you see the running log now?

Slo

Thanks Tramps. I just did what you said.

OK,can you see the running log now?

Yes

I'm trying to picture a barefoot Seattle Santa because that photo didn't show whether he was wearing shoes.

Enke, great job on your weight loss and running!

Did a few planks yesterday in yoga so guess I'm ready.  I wanted to go to yoga class again this morning and have really missed it the last few months.  I drove about 30 minutes across the metro only to find the class cancelled.  Fortunately, I had most of my running gear with me and I was close to Lake Hefner where there's always running going on, and sure enough, there was a race.  So I parked in a different spot than usual to stay out of the way of the race and did 7 miles.  It was faster than planned, just like yesterday, a problem I rarely have.  I'm resting tomorrow so that should help if I'm overdoing it 6 days out from the marathon.  Saw an old friend with his bike group and we talked on the phone later, so that was a plus.

Oh, and one other thing.  I have a mileage goal for the year now, 1500, and it's in sight so I'm happy about that.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Thanks Slo.

As Borat would say-"Great success!"Cool

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

I don't understand Butterfly Lady. If you are gone, how can we still see you? You should try some of Dad's medicine.

TRAMPS!! DEER!! DEER?? DEER!!

CR..Lick your wife's face for me.

Tis the season to run in a Batman sweater. Fa la la la la. La la la la

Honey came along, we had to get her. Fa la la la la. La la la la

She was on a leash like a mangy mutt. Fa la la, La la la,  La la la

But I chased critters like a running nut! Fa la la la la. La la la la

Up and down some slippery hills. Fa la la la la. La la la la

We licked Dad's face when he took some spills.  Fa la la, La la la,  La la la

All along the rugged trails. Fa la la la la. La la la la

Both us dogs would wag our tails. Fa la la la la. La la la la

Along deer paths and through a bog. Fa la la, La la la,  La la la

Honey went under and Dad went over a big old log. Fa la la la la. La la la la

They crashed all over like a wrecked train. Fa la la la la. La la la la

Not one end of the leash had a brain. Fa la la, La la la,  La la la

They both got back on their feet Fa la la la la. La la la la

When we got back we all had a treat! Fa La La La La. LA LA LA LAAArroooh!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

SteveP

Tag..Log of and go lay down. Bad dog. BAD.

We picked Honey up for a trail run. Honey and I followed Tag as he picked the trails. As expected, he followed deer paths. I trashed a jacket, but man was it fun. Only an hour, but with the slush on wet leaves on muddy hills, the quads are rejoicing.

Oh..and the dog makes things up.

SteveP

Slo

Alrighty then...

Went out and ran 6.75 miles doing multiple  2.25 mile laps around the hood. It had been raining all night and no let up in sight. Because I need the miles for a stoopid challenge issued by our very own C-R I just got back from running another 5.65 miles in the rain in December in Iowa. Thank You  C-R. I'm glad you ran in the rain too.

My inner Pace-O-Meter is completely hosed up. Last night I felt like I was flying, on cruise control only to get home and discover I was slogging along.

Today's runs felt like a slog fest yet I was running at or near a decent MP. And this was on hills to boot. WTH? 

All in all, yesterdays events have provided the brain with lots of material to turn over in ones mind. I wish I could only verbalize my thoughts.

Drake...We spend lots of time up north. WI could be our 2nd home.