Masters Running

Saturday, December 22 Masters run and chat (Read 664 times)

spacityrunner

Good morning and happy holidays everyone. I was supposed to do a 6 mile walk this a.m. with my running group but after the MRI yesterday my achillies tendon has been very painful. I woke up with a sore throat and said, ok...I get the message. I may go out tomorrow if AT is not as cranky. Good to see everyone here. Looking forward to reading about your runs/races today.

Trails Rock!

Good Morning I am just about to head out on my run. Have you see these features? If you have joined the "Masters Running" forum, probably done to get here for future visits, you are listed in the "Reports" section under HOME, FORUM, MAPS, REPORTS, OPTIONS. Now, what is interesting is that not only do we see who is here, but if you have your log listed, the miles you put in are there. So that gives us a neat area of accountability and just seeing how others are doing. So if you don't run, we can maybe check to see if you are alright and also try to encourage you. I think that is neat. AND THEN. There is a 1,000 Mile Club here. You click on to join and then there is a "Pace Bunny" that tells you whether you are on track to make the goal for the year. They then list you when you are within the 50 mile range. You can see how you are doing against the Pace Bunny, and then the "field" of others who are members. Any takers out there to join the Club for 2008? Even if you run a lot more, you could use this to see how QUICKLY you arrive at the 1,000 mile mark. Anyway, I wanted to give you all a heads up for these two neat discoveries. Yes sir, I like it here. Have some neat runs everyone. As soon as I finish my run, I will post it. TODAY I will pass the Pace Bunny for the first time in the year......VERY COOL. Vista OK......This is a learning experience. I am going to try to shut my thread down. Thanks for starting us RUNNINGINDC
      Vista
        Thanks for starting us off, Liz. I guess I'm the first to report an actual run Wink. 4 miles on a pretty mild morning -- high 30s and no wind. That was a good choice, as tomorrow calls for rain and 50mph winds! Even though this is about the shortest day and I ran at 6:30AM, it was surprising how having the snow on the ground brightened everything up. I wore my headlamp, but barely needed it. I was mainly concerned about remaining icy spots, but only encountered a couple. Good runs to everyone else on this pre-Christmas weekend!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

spacityrunner

Ok, now I know that you can't delete, you just close it. Thanks Vista and yes, they have some really nice neighborhoods here. Can't wait till I am running again and i can join that 1000 mile club!!!

Trails Rock!

EWE! That means you all can see how slow I am! YIKES!!!!! Shocked At least you have to calculate pace on your own, it's not there staring everyone in the face when they go to the page. Even so, I like this place enough to stick around. Who knows? Maybe it'll last long enough for me to be able to log a sub-10-minute mile?!?!?! Wink Shopping first, running later. Will check in again this evening. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

sluggo

John

I did not see the 1000 mi club before vista's post. I was also surprised to see that I finished 1000 in 2007 - so I'm in this "club" for 2008. Hope to run later today John

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Good morning! Liz, sorry to hear about your ailments! Rest if you can. I'm going to join the 1000 mile club. Thought I'd reach that goal this year but was sidetracked by an injury in August. C'est la vie. Thanks for the heads-up, V. I had a good run this morning, 5.65 miles in 40F, very gray day. Gives me over 17 for the week, which was my goal. Smile If my achilles will behave I'm hoping to get back up to 20+/week. When we get closer to New Years someone can start a goals thread for 2008 - I've got a couple in mind. Wishing you good runs today. Jem ETA - John - congrat's on your 1000 in '07!
                seemomgo

Good morning! I like a lot of the extra features this site has! This morning I will be in the more miles than degrees club- sorta...ot is 7 degrees out and I am off for an 8 miler - on the treadmill in the cold garage. Okay, so it's not really gonna be that cold in the garage, but it humors me. I need to see how my knees hold up. Thanks for starting the thread Liz. C-mom

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Thanks for starting us, RunninginDC. Vista – woo hoo! Congratulations on achieving your 1000-mile goal! The site is moving slow for me today. I hope it can handle the increase in traffic we’re bringing it. We’re having unseasonably warm weather for a couple of days and I’m loving it. With tomorrow morning’s forecast of rain and 25-30mph winds, I chose to switch out my LR and do it today. I don’t mind rain but I hate wind. 14.3 miles in a breezy 46 degrees, with 2 miles near the end at MP (8:45). Ave. overall pace: 9:17, which is surprising since that’s more of a GA pace for me than a LR pace. And so ends my first official week of marathon training. Here we go again. Hoping to take the kids and the dog for a romp in the mud at a local nature preserve later in the afternoon. Happy Winter!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

va

If you have joined the "Masters Running" forum, probably done to get here for future visits, you are listed in the "Reports" section under HOME, FORUM, MAPS, REPORTS, OPTIONS. Now, what is interesting is that not only do we see who is here, but if you have your log listed, the miles you put in are there. So that gives us a neat area of accountability and just seeing how others are doing. So if you don't run, we can maybe check to see if you are alright and also try to encourage you. I think that is neat.
                      Hi all, I wanted to mention, there are many other neat features... For example, if you go to the REPORTS page that vista mentioned, members are listed in alphabetical order. If you click on the "Distance" heading, they will be re-sorted by distance. Same thing with the "Time" column. So you can see who has been putting in the miles or the hours... Also, look in the upper right hand corner of the REPORTS page, you will see "Distances | Race". If you click "Races" you will see those members who have run races recently. Note that only those with public logs are visible the others are greyed-out. Regarding the slowness in the web site. This is due to the importing of the logs. Since there is a lot of that going on now, it is noticeable. Eric knows about this performance issue, and may be able to improve it in the future, but this is not likely to be much of a problem once most people get their logs imported. Also. he says that most of the time the serve CPU is idle. Note that I have been on this site over a year, and the performance (both up time and responsiveness) has been excellent.
                        I'm not finding the 1000 mile club....would someone please help me locate it? thanks
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        va

0600 29f (brrr... in tucson) 12mi with 2x(400,800,1200) with (:45, 1:30, 3:00 rests) 1:14, 2:48, 4:25 1:19, 2:50, 4:32 a little too fast at the start... trying to stay on the fast guy's heels.... long day tomorrow with 21mi easy planned. have 88mi for the past 7 days, all-time mileage high for me. feel surprisingly good. three weeks till marathon.
                              thanks va... I won't make it for this year, but maybe in '08
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              btb1490

Liz, thanks for getting us going. I hope the MRI sheds some light on things. Hello and happy Saturday to everyone! Looks like everyone has good stuff going on this weekend! Just briefly checking in. Finished up a 21 miler this AM and just got out of an ice bath, which was harder to do than the run was because I was already freezing before I got in! Now it's off to do some shopping for baking supplies to make stuff for a holiday party later in the day. Make it a good one, gang! Smile