Masters Running

Update from Donna - 2/6/09 (Read 204 times)

coastwalker

Hi all, Donna had added this to another thread. As she requested, I wanted to make sure that you all saw it, so I reposted it here. She's been through a lot, and has a ways to go, and will need as much support as we can give her. Hi to Everyone, I hope this reaches all of you.I so want to thank all of you for your prayers and positive thoughts for me. As things turned out, I really needed them. My surgery went well but rest of it , I was in critical condition for a good week. I finally got home last weekend. I am pretty weak and not hungry, but I will get better with time. I went into the hospital on the 19th to have lung surgery to have my left lung removed because of cancer. They found a spot on my spine and one on my aorta arterey which soon as I can regain my immune system, I will go through 6 weeks of chemo and radiation. The surgery went well and right on target and I would have been back to work last week except I acquired MRSA from the hospital and became critically ill from that and them because of the MRSA it gave me atrial fibulation of the heart.I knew nothing about MRSA before I had this experienc but it is devastating to the immune system. It has torn mine down to nothing . Even if I felt like it I can not go out and be exposed to other germs, plus I am cantagious to otherpeople, especially if they are compromised in any way. This has been a totally devastating thing physically and financially for Tom and I. ( Just an example the only antibiotic that MRSA is not immune to is Viox and a 10 day supply that they sent me home with , our co-pay for the prescription was $503.00.) MRSA is so powerful it is immune to almost all antibiotics. Thank god for insurance. Can you imagine what it would have cost me without insurance. I have a long hall back and my journey is going to be tough, but the alternative is 3 to 4 months and that is not what I want so I am going to need everyone of you continuingto send those prayers and positive thoughts. They have helped me get this far and I know with all of us together we'll beat this battle. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for being there for me. I know your there because I feel the warmth. Thanks again and I will write as I can. Love to all of you, Donna Detore P.S. If you receive this and you know someone who hasn't please forward it. I don't know how and I so want to reach each and everyone of you. If any of you know how to send it to everyone, I would really appreciate you doing it for me.

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

My best wishes to Donna for a speedy and as painless as possible recovery. May you both get through this difficult time well and with many good days ahead.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

nowor

Oh Donna, I know how debilitating MRSA can be but from personal experience I know it can be beaten....w/time and rest. You will do it. Try not to get discouraged. Try to eat. You're tougher than it is, but recovery will take time. In the meantime we will keep up the good thoughts and miles. I'm going out right now. Sue
          will definitely keep you and Tom in my prayers!! ((Donna))

denise

Keep the faith and your magnificent attitude. You couldn't have a better partner for the marathon ahead. With Tom by your side, you will have strength and true love in abundance. best, A
            Masters 2000 miles
              Sorry to hear about the MRSA on top of everything else. I'm sending healing vibes your way {{{}}}

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Donna, I am so sorry to hear of this setback on top of an already difficult situation. My thoughts continue to be with you and hope that knowing so many are with you it can help your spirits and resolve. Please keep us informed. TomS

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Donna, you're the best! You will get though this. Better days will come. Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

munchkn883

Continue to send up prayers for you and Tom. You can do this....it is possible. One of my favorite bible verses is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". This is so true. Be strong and try to keep a positive attitude.