Masters Running

Happy Easter runs (Read 431 times)

SteveP

Stumpy, it's not the miles in your life but the life in your miles. No one knoes if you'll put a marathon under your belt. You do post some darn fine runs though.

Great New distance PR Holly!!!!!

Great Mary, now Tag wants a puppy....Sheesh.

You make me miss Paint Creek Roch....

Tag got an pre Easter bath yesterday. He forgot to thank me for it. After church, we went out and put in 5.5 miles in. During the run, he found a brand new swamp. When he came out black from the shoulders down, I cracked up and told him Erika was gonne kick our butts.  We stopped at the creek on our way back and he got a rinse....Now we gotta hide his shirt from DW.....

SteveP

I get the feeling all puppies do is eat and sleep.  Boy I'd like that life!

Stumpy, if you want to do a marathon you can.  Everyone's Everest.  One mile at a time.

Speaking of marathons, during my supposed "8" mile run today, I calculated that 3x8=16, then I thought, OMG, how did I ever do a marathon?, how will I ever do one again?  Oxygen deprivation.

My run turned out to be only 7 miles because I was just plain tired, it was extremely windy and the back of my knee was hurting.

My DD who is 7, was looking at her chocolate Easter bunny this morning, then she pointed to the name on the box and declared "I think this guy is the Easter bunny, Russell Stover."

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

enke, glad to hear your son got over the flu and hope he gains some weight back soon.  derrick, congrats on your longest run since Aug.  You are doing well on your come back.

Nice long runs for mariposai, evan, PDR, Tramps, holly (great run after yesterday's carpy run), Sarge (with your wife), Walt (with hills), henrun, and marj.

This morning, it was about 40° with just a little wind.  I got in 4 miles in enough under 40 minutes for a 9:57 pace.

This morning in church, the Sunday School kids handed out butterfly regfrigerator magnets they had made.  It made me think of mariposai.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy everyone!  We're back from our spring break trip to Utah, and trying to unpack and clean up our camping gear.  It was warmer than Colorado, which was the reason for going, but  not exactly balmy weather, and one night it even snowed a little.  And most days it was very windy.  Oh, well, we did some beautiful hikes and it was good to get away for a week.  And nice to spend most of the week outdoors, even if we were sitting around camp in parkas.

We did get a motel room one night, April 1st, as DD was expecting her college admission decisions and she just had to have internet service.  She got accepted at her 1st choice, Cornell - YAY!  So looks like she'll be heading to New York state in August.

I've only had time to skim the dailys and there's too much to comment on individually, but I wanted to thank Mary for the puppy pictures!  And congrats to Holly for the 33 mile weekend. 

I'll have some Utah pics to post in a while.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I get the feeling all puppies do is eat and sleep.  Boy I'd like that life!."

As far as I can tell, this life remains through the dog's adulthood. Smile

16 miles this morning -- a progression run.  My legs seemed tired at the beginning, and that continued through the run, but somehow I was able to do it anyway.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I went running today!!!! Well, sort of.  I walked from church to the boardwalk this afternoon and then to the end of the boardwalk, about 2 miles altogether.  It was too beautiful and summery (and too crowded on the boardwalk) not to walk back on the beach.  Once I hit the sand , I just couldnt resist.  I ran 6 intervals of about 100 yards each and it felt soooooo good!!!  Achilles is a little sore after the drive home to PA, but everything else feels greta. 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Plenty of running around Green Lake in Seattle yesterday 

freancesca -

how many times around Green Lake was plenty to get you there from Woodinville again this year?

Yesterday seemed cold and wet like last year too

but the sun seemed to come out every once in a while.

I know you went more than the ten lap 50K last year

(while most of the rest of us else bailed out at marathon distance).

sorry I missed it this year.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

22.6 miles today, 35° at the start, 44° at the end. I stopped at mile 10.3 to use the restroom at McDonalds, get a drink of water and take my Gu. Then at mile 12.5 I found a dollar on the bike path!  I guess since I bought this batch of Gu for a dollar a pack in a box, I broke even on this run. Heh. I was going to stop at my parents' house (mile 17.5) for a drink, but they weren't home. Oh well, on I went. The last couple miles were pretty hard, and I did stop a couple times to catch my breath, and once to talk to a gal I haven't seen in years! What a gorgeous day, lots of people out riding bikes, walking dogs, but not many runners. I think I saw 3 runners the whole time. I called for a ride at the bottom of my road, and ran a little more till DS2 came by in my car. He only  has a permit, and was by himself...  but I appreciated the ride all the same.

Mile splits were really pretty even, which is good considering how hilly the last 7 miles were. 8:20 avg pace for the whole run. Bring on taper, I am so ready! This was a 33.6 mile weekend for me, capping a 57 mile week.

Evening, gang!

Wow - some nice long runs this weekend, folks!  Belated Happy Easter to you all!

Mary - the puppies are so cute!!

I did 21 miles yesterday on the Airline Trail - absolutely gorgeous running weather - 43 degrees at the start and 66 by the time I finished.  Instead of one long out and back, I did a series of 6 mile round trip out and backs - in order to avoid a swampy part of the trail that was even more swampy than usual after the recent deluge.  

I slept in today (yeah), and DH and I gave Jesse an Easter bath (Tag, I bet you love baths every bit as much as Jesse does).  Seems like I never stopped moving after I got started - put out Scott's step I on the lawn, cleaned the green "stuff" off of the front porch rails, rearranged the agility equipment, did laundry, vacuumed, etc., etc.  I made carrot cake muffins with pineapple and pecans in Twocat's honor.  I've been craving spaghetti, so I made a batch of marinara and served it with fettuccine and naan bread for Easter dinner.  DH colored his eggs.  It was a productive day, but I feel like I need another weekend day to recuperate ;-). 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Jon,

I was hoping to see you there!!  

Yes...it was very  COLD and WINDY..but I wanted to go over last years distance, so I did 13 (41.6M), it started to rain  after I was done.

Saw Robert and lots of other MM. Yes the tent was down by the time I quit but 2 runners stayed to complete the 100K!!.  Next year I'll have to go for 14 laps.

See you in Tacoma..?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jon,

See you in Tacoma..?

francesca -

nice 41.6 miles in this weather. Sounds like the equivalent of 62 to me.

However, Boston's gunna seem like a sprint!

I'm not that much interested in going down to Tacoma just for 26.2 miles

but the MM festivities might be worth it.

Otherwise, I'm saving myself for the 6/5 Newport Oysterfest.

I wonder if I can have posie's portion?

did you notice that erika is finally starting to see other runners braving the outside too

after five months of subzero temperatures?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Happy Easter!

Traffic driving home from the Cape was beastly!

The Red Sox are playing! 

and

THE MARATHON SIGNS ARE UP ON BOYLSTON STREET!!

denise

Mariposai

great run francesca. I am so happy to see that you are going to Boston. Will the kids go with you too? I so envy the opportunities for ultra racing you guys on this side of the mountains have. Funny, some of us run 22 miles for the looonggg run...you ran 50? wowow

tetsujin, you can have all the oysters you want from my portion. I am still sad about not being able to make it this year.

erika, terrific weekend. I was thinking of you on my way to Olympia. Your five days of running is proving to be very effective.

So many great runs this weekend. I always enjoy the Boston preparation runs, it is fun to see the runner working hard towards the crescendo...you guys are looking good. I know you will represent RA magnificently.

Great resting day for my wings. I spent my day in church, then devouring a delicious Easter meal with my guys before I drove for six hours to Olympia. It was snowing on the passes, which made the driving very stressful, but now I am here and ready for a week long training. After I got here I went to find something to eat and on the way back I found myself a store where I bought a bouquet of flowers to beautify my hotel room. If I am going to be here for a week I might as well make it pretty.

let the taper time begin.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard