Masters Running

Sat April 24th - Runs - Workouts - and Concern for our Fellow Friends and Runners (Read 555 times)

Mariposai

enkie, I am so glad to  hear that your dd's dance performance went great.

butterfly hugs to tramps.

Soccer game tonight was fun. Our team won 4 to 0 and DS2 played very well. 3 miles this afternoon and now it is time to go to Home Depot to buy some flowers for our the democratic garden , the republican side of the yard has to wait for next weekend.

Last text from Poland: Mama, how do you do it? referring to running 26.2 miles. I can't wait to run a marathon with you mama...race starts at 12:30 your time. I will text you every hour.

..hahha...so...no sleep for me tonight...what it will be worth it.

The night before the big event we all have been waiting for..."Mrs. Twocat's victory lap". I am so proud of  her. She trained so hard during the harsh winter months. Not even  sub 10F weather did stop her from going for a run...and she will be at the starting line uninjured and ready to conquer the miles.

Twocat, take an umbrella with you too, so you make sure the darn rain does not stop you from taking pictures.

Go Mrs. Twocat go!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

that sounds like such a cool performance Enke! Congrats to your son and his whole class.

my morning routine is about as opposite of Tim's as can be. I wokeup 30 min before laura and I were going to leave for our run/race and in that 30 min I showered, dried my hair, dressed, had a slice of toast with peanut butter, a few swigs of yogurt, and then made my coffee to go and drink on the way to the race.

today was a 20 mile training run with a 10K race imbedded in the middle. First we ran 6.5 mi (59 min), then ran the 10K (55 min for me and 50 for Laura), then a remaining 7.3 to round out the 20 miler training run in 3:08:37. The first 13 miles were obviously faster than the last 7.  It was a great run. weather was perfect - cool and even with shorts/short sleeve, you never really felt too warm. We ran the whole 20 on a bike path, so never had to deal with traffic or stopping to cross roads. just a great place to run.  No soreness or stiffness setting in but I've kept moving around most of the day, so that helps. will do some stretching this evening also. will probably run a few recovery miles tomorrow and I'm thinking of getting out the bike and maybe taking her for a spin for an hour or so also.

Tammy

Mariposai

Tamster, what a great day of running you had today. 20 miles in 3:08...just simply amazing!!!! Keep up the great work and Newport is yours!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Mari, how exciting you son running in Poland!!!  I would be up all night too!!

I've been running everyday after Boston except my travel day on Tue, easy recovery it seems.

I will write a RR as well but I will combine it with the Tacoma one...coming up next Sunday.

So looking forward to that race and seeing a sea of yellow MM .  Who's going to be out there..??? Tet..? Dave?

I looked at the course.....looks  like fun but plenty of "bumps"!

Congratulations to all for  the wonderful accomplishments  I didn't have a chance to comment on individually !

and Trent....I call that bad timing with you're race....a real pity ..but I guess you're already thinking about the next one  right..?

Francesca 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Last text from Poland: Mama, how do you do it? referring to running 26.2 miles. I can't wait to run a marathon with you mama...race starts at 12:30 your time. I will text you every hour.

Twocat, take an umbrella with you too, so you make sure the darn rain does not stop you from taking pictures

Mari -  keep us up-to-date. will DS be around for Athens too?

twocat - twocat, take an umbrella with you too,

so you make sure the darn rain does not get Mrs. Two too wet.

francesca - I'd love to go to Tacoma with you and Divechief

but I've only run 5K so far this month and but 53 miles all year..

tammy - 20 miles in 3:08!!!!.  my god.  stay away from that laura.

ps franci - Boston RR's can't be in other RR's.  sorry.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tammy, that was a most excellent day of running for you today! Nice way to get your 20 miler in, and glad you didn't stop at 19. That's just wonderful for you (and Laura)!

Mariposai, did I read that to mean your son is running a marathon? Really? Which one? That's pretty cool... has he been training? (a serious question, a lot of kids that age "just do it" and pay the price later)

Trent, what a bummer. But on another note... I guess I'll check to see if you're entered in a marathon I might be doing. Sounds sort of like flying with Econo. Not recommended... 

Congratulations on excellent performances on the soccer pitch and dance floor for our dear kids! Always nice to see them do well and have fun being active and healthy! My DS1 had a track meet today, and while he didn't have his best individual 400m race, his team did place first in the 4x400 relay so that's very cool.

I finally made it out for a run this afternoon. Seems all these weekend days I thought I'd have all sorts of time to do whatever I want get eaten up by other activities and chasing around. I feel like I spent most of today in the car! But I did get out after the track meet for 6.1 miles that felt harder than they should have. Guess I'm not all better, as I had an upset stomach for part of the run. Could also be I hadn't really eaten since breakfast and I was just out of steam. Oh well. Another early bedtime tonight should be enough to set things right.

Mariposai

T

Mariposai, did I read that to mean your son is running a marathon? Really? Which one? That's pretty cool... has he been training? (a serious question, a lot of kids that age "just do it" and pay the price later)

yes, erika, ds1 has been running all winter long...just a way to cope with being lonely in a foreign country, I think. I tend to see him run when in those situations...when he was in Germany and in Austria he picked up running for the same reason. Anyway...he trained for this marathon and kept it a secret from mama to surprise me...sort-of-like my mother's day present. I am so happy for him. He expect to finish at around 5:30...which is terrific for someone who is not racing!!!!