Masters Running

No Tuesday daily, yet? 3/19 (Read 47 times)

Mariposai

No running here, but we got to get the party started.

Have fun folks!

For some of you is already Tuesday afternoon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLWBhNW3FM

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

lamerunner

Good morning. Snowy here in NH. My knee took a turn for the worse last Friday when I cranked up the speed on the treadmill... nothing crazy just a little tempo-esque... kind of  set back though. I was able to hike a little on Saturday

Yesterday I swam a mile in the morning then went to a 60 minute spin class after work. This morning I decided to venture out for a short run to test my knee and enjoy the snow. There was good news and bad. I wore yak traks becuase there is a bit of snow on the roads; one of them is broken. The good news is my bad knee felt ok; I guess it likes slower running better. The bad news is my broken yak trak on my right foot caught on my left sock, effectively tying my lower legs together,  and I fell very hard on my good knee and one elbow, plus I had to sit in the road a while to untangle the yak trak. Ugh... After walking a couple of blocks to test all systems I was able to continue and complete the run, but the knee is now pretty sore with a big goose egg on my kneecap. Hopefully just bruised.

Mari, about the new bike, I would prefer to concentrate on running, but I don't think my knee etc will tolerate the kind of miles I had been running, so to keep my fitness I am going to have to incorporate other things more than I have in the past .   My current bike is ok but I  don't  think it fits right; my back always hurts after a ride of any length.

Great photos Byll!  Sounds like lots of good running going on too.  And very nice work Mariposai with the new runner...

Mornin' Mari and Lame!

It's still the AM here, but just barely.

Ouch Lame..... I hope that knee is going to be OK.

45 minutes of spin class this morning, then 10 minutes of core/abs.  The foot survived yesterday's test with flying colours, so will take it back up a notch tomorrow.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, I guess for those of us in Ireland, it's late afternoon.  Here in snowy Boston, just a little after 11am.

About 8" on the ground when I left to drive into boston this morning.  Normal 40 minute drive took over 1-1/2 hours.  Bleh.  the reason I went in was for a stress test as a follwoup for my ablation of 4 years ago.  Everything went well until the 4th segment and my EKG showed something that they didn't like.  The doctor that was there said there's nothing major to worry about but I should talk with my regular cardiologist--there may be something to do with my meds.  Double bleh.  Unfortunately it was something I was a little suspicious about, but guessing that I don't see as major an effect becasue I always take all my pills after my runs instead of before like I was instructed today.  So now I don't know whether I can do my half on Sunday.  triple bleh.

Good on you for encouraging that lady to run, Mari.  I know that beaming feeling when you hit a new long run.  Can't be beat.

Lame--so sorry that your running is taking such a hit.  And not just from a broken Yak.

Good runs to all that follow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Good Morning!  It's almost officially spring. That means for all of you still getting snow, it has to stop right?

Had a good 6 mile run after work last night with a group. There were 6 of us. And they all ran a long trail run on Sunday so this was their recovery ez run. Good for me as it was the only way I could keep up with them. Ran 6 miles in 52 minutes. Nice tempo run for me.  Will get in a run at lunchtime if the forecasted rain holds off until later this afternoon like they say. Figures that it's going to rain tomorrow  - David's first track meet. He never had one track meet last year where it wasn't sleeting or raining out. And so far this year, he's had great warm weather for practices and now that it's meet time, it's supposed to rain. Roll eyes

He knows he's on a 4x400 relay and he had the fastest 400m time trial (70 sec), so will likely be the anchor. and he's doing long jump. He's not sure yet if Coach will put him in the 400m or 3000m. David prefers the 3000m, but he ran the fastest 400m time trial of all 7th grade boys, so coach may want to put him there.

Tammy

New skirt in town

Great wedding photos yesterday, Byll!  I love looking at wedding photos, even if I don't know the people in them!  Bring it on!

Ugh, more snow today.  I think we got about 8-10 inches by the time the storm tapered down to freezing rain at around 11 AM today.  More bands of snow predicted this afternoon, but I think we're past the worst of it.  I am SO TIRED of winter now.

8.5 miles on my treadmill, with 6x800m repeats.  Really, really tired now, but glad I got it done.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

lamerunner - if your knee's anything like mine but I doubt it because mine's just old and showing its age, cycling can be real hard on knees, especially when pedaling uphill.  be careful.  Check with robin for correct attire but maybe try very ski-like, in-line skating if any smoothly-paved bike paths in the vicinity.

Tammy - tell david to relish the worst weather possible for his track meets as everyone else will be depressed. (at least in worked for ski races in those days)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Cold, windy, icy, snowy.  Just the way I like it.  3 miles at lunch.

New skirt in town

Tet, you make me giggle.

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, you make me giggle.

that's okay.

we like your running skirt too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

6.1 slow and sluggish miles this morning.  Barely sub-10 minute miles, but I expected as much.  It's amazing how fast the fitness goes when you take off 6 days in a row.

Thanks for the kind comments on my son's wedding.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mike E

MM #5615

I need a kick in the butt.  The last thing I want to do when I get home, today, is go run 12 miles.

TammyinGP

I don't think I commented Bill, but I really enjoyed the wedding pics also. Beautiful couple, beautiful parents.

ran 5 at lunch, 46:29.

back to work while I eat my lunch of pretzels and an apple.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

here you go, Mike.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

breger, great wedding pictures.  fatozzig, good job on your ultra.  mari, it's neat about you mentoring a friend so she can run her first half.  starr, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  The celebration of life for the friend with ALS is bittersweet.  Years ago, I lost a friend to ALS.  It's a nasty disease.  lame, sorry to hear about the Yak attack.  stumpy, good luck with the meds and wonky EKG.

Nice long runs for evan and Tramps.

Dave mentioned our weather being cold, windy, icy, and snowy.  When I got up to that, I didn't want to go outside.  I didn't feel like the TM either.  I invented a couple of things I needed to do in  Saginaw (50 miles away) so I could, incidentally, run on the indoor track at a community center.  I think I got in 8 miles but keeping track of laps for 8 miles (9.5 laps per mile) is not easy for me.  If I did actually do 8 miles, my pace was 11:26.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS