Masters Running

Fridaily 11/19 (Read 34 times)

bioguy 50 miles!?? All I can say is crazy! If after a marathon somebody said that was the first of two laps, I would attack with whatever little energy I had left. Good luck! I will be rooting for you.

Eono lol! Yep, life in academia. Count me as one who wants shorter less frequent meetings.

Just time in the gym for me. After that, it was Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. I hate Zoom! I hate web cameras!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I ran 10 miles then went out for dinner with Debbie.

Okay—that’s all I got.  See ya!

Thank you Twocat!  Misery loves company.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Joe - are you doin' the two states' bridge every day?  I'm surprised there wasn't a commemorative 5K or something as they do out here for new bridges, etc.  One of my MM friends did his 400th across the Chesapeake, I think.

(I had deleted all that junk before I saw your post so no one who comes late to the thread will know what is being discussed.)

dave - whew.  thanks.

I did go back to look but

was okay with not finding

It as it sounded kind of heavy

for all my parallel parking

stress yesterday, today

continuing into tomorrow.

ps - parking stress caused me to miss

all the R'house fallout too. whew.

Bio - lucky. have fun.

I hope we'll be following

your progress all day tomorrow.

Did anyone see the lunar eclipse last night?  I was up at 1:00 and 3:00 and caught the full and partials.  And then when I went to the Y at 5:15 that big old moon was full and shining in all of it's glory!  What a spectacular sight 

Jlynne - since it wasn't mentioned in the local media out here until it happened, for me  it's just another one of those events that I'd've been aware of in newspaper perusal days coming across news and notices I didn't know about that now, in the internet age, you have to know know about it first and then go look for it.

roch - yep,I erika is in a class all her own, . . . along with Tammy's Mt. Ashland and Leslie's Lady Bird.

BTY - great for GN to have something to challenge and focus on.

Boy it was really tempting to get on my bike at lunchtime, with the temperature in the low 60's, sunshine, not much wind and hardly any clouds, but resisted.

ps BTY - I think you have way better weather than the PNW as, basically, out here, anytime it’s not down below into the thirties is a good time tor a bike ride out here even when it’s raining as REI sells lots of Murray-land quality rain gear. However, since I don’t have to commute every work day, rain-or-shine. and, since I can’t ride like the wind like I used too around the island, along Lake Washington, etc. unless it’s the four miles across the floating bridge to run with the sunrise at the little lakeside park I like, I don’t do much cycling anymore.

However, today and, it looks like, tomorrow kill him be different.

Has anyone ever set a PR without the usual planning and preparation that goes into it and, instead, all of a sudden, it happened. Me too.

I don’t have much chance to parallel park anymore so I thought this summer’s five inches (2" in front and 3" in back) was pretty much going to be it for the rest of my life. Nope, not at all.

DW sent me off in a hurry yesterday after Thursday afternoon’s 3:30-4:00pm sumo highlights on NHK World so I could get back before it gets really dark by 5pm now.

A fortuitously close parking space along the street seemed too tight but I gave it a try anyway and, though I had to jog back and forth inch-by-inch about six or seven times, voila, I got in. I knew it  was going to be tight but, since I got in right away, I figured there'd be at least two or three inches to spare.

Unfortunately, though it doesn’t sound possible, with my bumpers touching the bumpers of both cars front-and-back, there was no leeway to get out and with it being a 72 hour parking street that the other cars took advantage of all day today, I’ve been stuck there two days so far and am hoping one of them will move tomorrow (Saturday) so I can get the car back to DW.

Needless to say, DW’s not that impressed with my new parking PR and I had to kind of change my story as her reaction to my story as to why I didn’t bring the car back emerged so I kind of changed to being blocked in or something like that instead of doing it on my own. Whew.

Surly et al - how is it possible to get into a space that’s too tight to get out of? My theory is that, though my reverse alarm kept me from touching the car in the back, once, though I hardly noticed it, when I lightly bumped the car in front and it lurched forw, . . I mean kind of raised up a little, tiny bit maybe about an inch on its springs might have given me a brief opening of enough extra room to get in but not out.

May be an image of car and road

my front bumper and

white car's back bumper

No photo description available.

my back bumper

back car's front

May be an image of car

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Switched into stalking Bio Mode. Every step counts.

Holly - Thank you for the T-Relief Arnica +12 info!! Here's hoping your mojo makes a speedy recovery.

I think I would like a towpath.

Did anyone see the lunar eclipse last night? 

It was too cloudy.

since I'm a MUCH smarter person now,

What's that like?

Steve - That cartoon - 

Two Cat made me.

Leslie - Good luck with the kittens.

Deez -  That's a healthy workout.

Tramps - Thank you for the clarification.

That is a national scandal.

Heartbreaking

No words.

Dave59 - I quit following A21 because it is too overwhelming. Time to step it up again.

BTY - That is big news! The kid is lucky to have an influence like you.

I certainly miss seeing Tome White.

Econo - Yikes!!!

Tet - Holy tight squeeze!

4.3 miles.

GS # ....what the heck is it?....3 I think.... well....he had covid over his birthday and over the Halloween season.

Now that he's back to normal we celebrated. DW had the day off and Grampy made scary pancakes.

We had a mini party after I got out of work.

Then I got a start on the sekrit ingredients for this year's batch of reindeer food.

Usually I make it with tonic water to make a brighter glow. You very much have to make sure the temperature is slow rising and I just didn't take the time.

SteveP