Masters Running

Friday's Daily - 7.12.13 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tramps, people here assume 'property rights' refers to what they can do on their own property. But we also have our share of relentless developers who are constantly pushing the edges of the envelope.

Nice bike ride yesterday, Marj. Henrun, I also hope you are successful in avoiding future injuries.

Good lesson for Riblet in court. That'll stick with him. And I guess someone better check the definition of "passenger."

Nice racing, Pfriese, especially in H&H conditions. Congrats on 3rd overall!

Smiled at your rambling, Denise. Nice run in unpleasant weather. I've also been wondering where Mainrunnah has gone.

Huge negative splits yesterday, TSelbes, and nice 'rage' rant about Mother Nature. I also know that things are changing as I get older, but I refuse to use 'old age' as an excuse for anything - to me, that is just taking the easy way out.

Hey Mike! How's the forecast today?  Wink

I'm glad you are not about to let your swims get the best of you, Denise. Keep up the good fight!

It wasn't so much that it was cooler (66) this morning that I liked - it was DRY, meaning no humidity you could reach out and grab. There was also a delightful NW breeze that felt great. Since I've been posting in Walking 101, I decided it was time that I work on my own walking form. So I worked on hip rotation, stride length and turnover rate this morning. 5.8 racewalking miles, with each mile faster than the one before. Nice.

Have a greta Friday, and I wish tailwinds, dry air, and fleet feet for all of this weekend's racers:

07/13 - HollyS - Miamisburg Triathlon, Miamisburg, OH

07/13 Fortunate One - Waugoshance Trail Marathon, upper LP, MI

07/13 fatozzig - Mt. Hood 50M, Mt. Hood, OR

07/13 evanflein - Run of the Valkyries 8k

07/13 Ileneforward - Browne/Rice kayak/run relay, LB CA

07/14 Mainerunnah - Old Port Half Marathon, Portland, ME

07/14 arf - Light -at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon (Trail run - North Bend WA)

07/14 wildchild - Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon, North Bend, WA

07/14 Mariposai -Light at the End of the Tunnel, WA

07/14 Mike E - Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon, North Bend, WA

07/14 pfriese - Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon, North Bend, WA

07/14 SLOjim - Carlsbad Triathlon Relay (running leg), Carlsbad, CA

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning all.  Had every intent of running this morning, but as I went out on the porch to stretch,  I noticed that DW's car was just about sitting on the rim of the back tire Eight ball .  So, drag out the jack, spare and wrench.  STAND on the lug wrench without budging the lug nuts.  Call AAA to send out someone a little more muscular, heavier, or at least with better tools.  When the tow truck driver arrived, HIS impact driver wouldn't loosen the nuts.  He finally got them off with 2' breaker bar.  The nice, long nail sticking out of the tire made diagnosing fairly easy.  Because he was from town, he said that he would drop the tire off at the local tire shop and DW could go down in a couple of hours and get it put back on.  not bad service.

and in support of other marathon virgins, Mariposai's DH should be on the list for LATEOTT this weekend.  Go EasyPacer!!!  You should have a great support team between family and RA visitors.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.  good runs to everyone else.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Too much to eat and drink last night made me feel bad this morning.  I don't know why I do that to myself.  2 mile run to punish myself for doing that.

We are taking a vacation in a week so I am going to keep at these meaningless little runs for another week, then probably take the next week off while we're traveling, but then finally start using some of my new freedom to run and workout a little more.

Can't get this song out of my head this morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU

wildchild

Carolyn

North Bend, WA:

Sunday

clear Clear. High of 75F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the NW in the afternoon.

I think it's Cecil's first marathon, too!  And we've had some personnel changes - Tet, Arf, Divechief, and Lyndenrunner can't come.  Sad (I was looking forward to meeting all of you!)  Rasmussenmp (Mike) and his DW will be there, and Twocat has made a surprise appearance!  Twocat - are you running, or just spectating?   I'm looking forward to seeing Mike E and pfriese again, and to meeting Enke, Cecil,  the Rasmussens, Twocat, and the whole Posie family!   Did I miss anyone who'll be there?

Dave, hope you enjoy your visit with your DD and Annabelle!

Holly, have a great time at your Tri tomorrow!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Quick shout out to the weekend racers!  Have a blast out there.

Easy 8 today for me

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Well...there goes my fun for the day...
              Mike E

MM #5615

...and...do you realize that tomorrow is the 13th...oh, I know it's not Friday...but it's the 13th nonetheless...and I'm getting on, not just one, but two airplanes! Well, there goes my fun for the day...oh....that had already been taken away...
                Mike E

MM #5615

...actualy...my fun for the day was taken away at 2am, when Eric called me. ”Hello?” ”Hi Dad, did I wake you up?” ”Yes.” ”Oh, sorry...well...I don't know how to tell you this, but your car got towed.” Yeah, I've been letting him use my car while his is being fixed and I guess he ran out of gas on his way home from a concert and, since his phone was dead, he walked to his apartment to call AAA and when he went back the car had been towed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep real well the rest of the night and, now, I have to get over to the impound lot before 7 tonight and get it out...for $197. Well...there goes my spending money for the weekend....maybe one of my friends will buy me a beer....

As wildchild indicated I am all the way out west.  Easy Pacer and I worked out a surprise visit by me to the Mariposai and Easy Pacer residence.  I have been having a great time with them.  Mariposai has been showing me the various sights.  She also tried to explain to me how hiking for two days through the woods while carrying two bags of kitty litter on your back could be considered fun.  Confused  I totally do not get it.

If all goes well, I offered to show up at the Tunnel marathon early and help at the start and at the Bandera aid station.  Well, actually I told the RD Garcia but I am thinking of seeing if I can go to Bandera instead.  I will hand out drinks at whichever aid station I wind up at and when Mariposai shows up pace her to the finish.  Now I just need to figure out how to get to the aid station!  The RD said the Garcia crew is leaving from the start at 6am.  I am hoping the Bandera group departs a bit later.  If anybody has any ideas I am all ears!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Have fun racers!!  And you especially MikeE - I'd buy you a beer if I was out there!!

This has been a wonderful vacation week - very spiritual and full of triathlon training....learned a lot and feel so rejuvenated!!

Today biked 16+ miles then ran 10.1 - no negative splits for me like TomS yesterday but mostly strong and steady (had 1 mile of ickiness but told myself to snap out of it and run for all those who can't but wish they could!)  Tomorrow going to a campground exercise class just to change things up!

Now time to enjoy the last weekend in OOB - dh just came back after working during the week and as much as we loved having the family last weekend thru Tuesday it would be kind of nice to have some time just for the two of us!!  We'll see how that goes!!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Now I just need to figure out how to get to the aid station!  The RD said the Garcia crew is leaving from the start at 6am.  I am hoping the Bandera group departs a bit later.  If anybody has any ideas I am all ears!

Twocat, you should just run there, like the rest of us!   Since Arf and Lyndenrunner dropped out you could see if you can take a spot from one of them!

Mike, bummer about the car.  I'll be happy to buy you a beer!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike, bummer about the car.  I'll be happy to buy you a beer!

+1

I am so wishing I could be out there for the Light at the end of the Tunnel Marathon get-together!  You will have a blast!  Oh, and the race might be nice, too....Wink

I hope to have fun at my tri tomorrow, too.  I don't have any expectations about finishing time, give that I haven't  been in a canoe in years and have only been out riding my clunky bike two times this year.  Still, it will be a great time with my friend Renee, and maybe we will learn this year and come back stronger next year.

Deez - you are my hero doing that open water swimming.  I can barely make it across the pool.

No run for me today, just a light weights and core workout.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

A 3 mile recovery run for me tonight, just not a lot of umph in the body today. Good luck to all the racers this weekend!!!!!

Holly is doing a Tri?  How did I miss that news?  You go girl!

I'm feeling much better, probably 90% of normal.

Twocat, not sure what you should do, my plan was just to drop off Mike and Carolyn, go get supplies for the post-race party and come back.  There must be a way to hike into the upper aid stations from points along I-90, and I could probably give you a lift there if so.

I am still open to dinner plans Sat night, but I've also been thinking I could host a post-race dinner/bash at my place Sunday night, one after the first post-race bash that is for all interested.  I'm only 20 minutes from North Bend, between North Bend and Seattle (20 minutes from downtown Seattle).

MIKE - You can help yourself to the contents of the beer fridge in the garage....since I haven't paid for my tow yet.  Roll eyes

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I did a 2.2 mile run tonight after fighting traffic into and of the city to get my car out of the impound lot.  While on my run I saw a quarter...I usually don't bother but, tonight, I picked it up...then I found a dime a few steps later...I picked that up, too!  I thought about running longer to see if I could find enough to pay for my own beer.  But enke has a whole dang fridge just for beer!  My luck just may be turning...

Okay--gotta go!  See ya!  Oh, hey--good luck to everybody else racing this weekend!