Masters Running

Hot Summer Days - Sunday July 25 Masters Runs and Suns (Read 426 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Free hugs to everyone from me, too!  Thanks for the video, Ribs. Nice run today, too!  How are the Saint and the boys and Lucy?

Nice racing for Tom, Erika, and Amy! 

Leslie, why did your hub get to throw the first pitch?  Is he a celebrity?

I managed 10 slow miles today, 3 with the furry ones, then a break for some thunder, then back out for 7 more.  Just plodded along, walked a lot of the hills, and got 'er done.  Nice day, though.  65° and mix of clouds and sun.

DD and DH are packing for a backpacking trip in the WInd River Mountains in Wyoming, where we go every year.  Unfortunately, I can't go with them.    We already took a 3 week vacation in Scotland, and I just can't manage more time off from work right now, since we're busy.  But on the plus side, I can run after work without cutting into family time.  That's been kind of an issue here lately, so I'm looking forward to it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Nice running TS.  me too but ten minutes slower.

howeve got to do it with a duathlon  goddess.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Aamos and DH – nice racing!

Dg – nice LR in the heat!

Fatozzig – great pictures – love that clear blue sky.

Wildchild – I remember camping in Wind River Canyon as a kid.  A hot, relatively still August day, but right before sunset, a huge wind blew through the canyon and blew all of our tents down.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

You're a powerhouse Erika!!!

You're not too shabby either Amy!

SteveP

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone! As for my name, the short story is that my first yoga mat was orange, nothing fancy there. The long story is... well, there really is no long story! Well, aside from the fact that I had no clue it would shorten to "OM" when I picked it.... honest!