Masters Running

Not so Weekly Newbies and Others too! (Read 412 times)

Rindaroo

Nope, it was a beautiful weekend, got up into the 70's. I always have this happen when I first start running outside - my legs always want to go faster than my bronchials do.. & have to remember to slow myself down until my endurance catches up. (but that is way easier said than done). rest day today.

Me

Good afternoon everyone, DS1 called me on Friday and asked me to come down to GA and help him install a new dishwasher. So, Saturday morning, I got my run in and then hit the road for Ga. I love only being 4 hours away. I also love the fact that he still "needs" me. I love all the pictures. I still haven't seen a lot of color changes yet. 4 miles on Saturday and 4 this evening after work. I had to be to work early this morning, so I ran when I got home. Laurie, I would consider your relay, but I'm kind of tied up at work. Do you need a dishwasher installed? Cheers everyone! Mike
        Mike, lol. No but thanks. When I go to upgrade the kitchen I will email you. lol. Youre a good day. Linda, Do you take anything with you on runs for fuel? I run with sport beans. They make a huge difference. Oh I dont just run with them. I eat them too. Lol I just bailed out of the Cape marathon. Between my partner backing out and my alergies and asthma I felt it was a good choice. I ran 4.5 Sunday morning and had an asthma attack when I got home. They have been so bad the last few days that I cant go more than 4 hours without using the inhaler (even without running). So I backed out. I think running 13 miles in cold morning air would kill me. Heres the link to my jolly jaunt fund raiser page if anyone wants to contribute. http://www.kintera.org/faf/login/page_edit.asp?ievent=273751&lis=0&kntae273751=544F11AE3F094862B1C19FF652AE8387 Thanks Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Rindaroo

Mike - cool that the kids still needs you Smile And also that you are close enough for a 4 hour drive! Laurie - nope, I don't take anything with me.. I'm only doing 2 or 3 miles.. my bronchials are just really slow at this endurance thing.. & if I don't go slow I get sick, way too much live & learn. Sounds like a good thing you backed out of Cape Cod. Is it really cold there already, or did push the bronchs a little too much & are now paying for it? I did 3 miles on the treadmill this morning - including a 2 mile run & a little walking after that Smile
          dg.

Linda, I have the same problem... my legs want to go faster than my breathing & heart do. It helps so much to start slow. Saturday I didn't... skipped the warm up walk, although I stopped & did a little of it. I think there were other factors that I'm still figuring out, but my run was awful! I planned on 8 but could barely make 6. Today was really hard too. 4.5 miles, + some walking. I'm wondering if i'm doing too much cross training. Your pictures are so beautiful. Do you still have a cold? How many days a week are you shooting for? Yours too Laurie. I'm sorry you're having so many problems. How are your hamstrings? Too bad about your half, but it does sound like a good decision. You are moving so many places I can't keep track.Wink. Be sure to post your final landing spot! How are your girls? Mike, I'm glad you got to see your son. Any leaks yet? -). How is your new training program (extra day, anyway) working out? You too, Kevin. weren't you going to add an extra day? Any opinions? Which is harder on assorted body parts... longer runs on fewer days or shorter runs on more days? I think I have shin splints, which specific version I'm not sure. Teresa, how long now till your trip? Roberta, I hope you're doing well. Hi Eliz. How are your feet? It's nice to see how well your running is going.