Masters Running

September '17 Masters Miles (Read 33 times)

HermosaBoy

September: 288.0 mi

Two races -- no PRs.

Now to get serious about training for CIM in December...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Quickadder

First time reporting here.

September miles totaled 122.6. Year to date 1077.1 (my target for the year is 1500)

Only September race was a short (3.05 miles) local 5K. Was 6 seconds inside my 5K PR time but I'm not counting this one as a PR due to the short course. Finished 13/57 overall and 1/3 M60+.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

spinach

I ran either 103 or 112 miles in September.  I think it was 103 but it could have been 112.  I have two running logs I use, one online and one on paper and one of them has a 9 mile run on Labor Day that the other one doesn't. I usually don't run on Monday but on a holiday I might have but I don't remember..  103 is a prime, and 112 isn't.  Two 5k races in September, I finished 2nd in one and 3rd in the other.  I now have a monthly race streak of 186 months with a race.

Mileage down a little due to vacation but we got to hang out with LaTortuga at her house so it's all good!  119.7 miles and pleasantly surprised to see that I broke 50,000 ft. of elevation gain for the year!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

an amazing likeness

I ran either 103 or 112 miles in September.  I think it was 103 but it could have been 112.  I have two running logs I use, one online and one on paper and one of them has a 9 mile run on Labor Day that the other one doesn't. I usually don't run on Monday but on a holiday I might have but I don't remember..  103 is a prime, and 112 isn't.  Two 5k races in September, I finished 2nd in one and 3rd in the other.  I now have a monthly race streak of 186 months with a race.

For the record I would just like to note that you're going to have pick one, I'm not deciding for you...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

coastwalker

Thanks for the thread and the great photo, Milktruck!

115 September miles. 1st place, RW div, Fox Point 8K road race.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

spinach

For the record I would just like to note that you're going to have pick one, I'm not deciding for you...

I will let it slide until the end of the December. If I need those 9 miles for the year  I will use the log including them and If I don't need those miles I will use the other log.  It gives me some options.

an amazing likeness

I will let it slide until the end of the December...

That's not how a monthly report for September works...

wildchild

Carolyn

Sounds like Spinach is going with the 103; good choice, since it's a prime.

Sadly, I didn't run a prime in September - I had 135.8 miles.  The 30th was my DH's birthday, and we went for a 5 mile hike with DD and DSIL.

The highlight of my September running was pacing a friend for the last 32 miles of a 100 mile race.   I had WAY more fun than she did!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

metalmancpa

197.53 miles in Sept. No races.

YTD through 9/30 = 1,670.57 miles

an amazing likeness

September 2017 summary from all who reported in...

+ jlynn and wildchild tied for the monthly Magnificent Median with 136 miles

+ only 2 Monthly Prime runners for a 2017 low water mark: spacityrunner and catwhoorg

+ monthly average faded to 141 from 148 in September

Runner Sept Prime! Notable Notes
                        HermosaBoy 288 . .
                        Mike E 249 . .
                        rmcj001 223 . .
                        SubDood 210 . .
                        evanflein 206 . 3rd AG Equinox marathon, 6th consecutive 200+ month
                        metalmancpa 198 . .
                        milktruck 187 . Keeping up with evanflein has killed me, done for 8 weeks
                        catwhoorg 173 ! +136 cycling, 5K PR, 1st ever 5K swim
                        RunnerKSA 152 . .
                        Jlynne 136 . .
                        wildchild 136 . Paced 32mi of 100mi race…you know, just a jaunt in the mountains
                        deez4boyz 128 . .
                        Quickadder 123 . 1AG M60+ in short 5K
                        Opie 120 . 50K feet of runnging uphill ytd
                        coastwalker 115 . 1st RW Fox Point 8K
                        pfriese 104 . .
                        TammyinGP 86 . battling wild fire smoke
                        spacityrunner 61 ! Most miles in a long time…
                        stumpy77 32 . .
                        tom1961 25 . tender back
                        Tramps 9 . Run/walk to baby the knee, +350 cycling miles
                        average 141 . .
                        median 136 . .