Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the run - w/e 08/07 (Read 563 times)

Wow!, you guys are gabby  

Ha!  I was just thinking the same thing!

Joe.....I've not paid much attention to football just yet, but glad to hear the Cowboys are favored in the division.  I didn't evn realize they're playing a preseason game till LMD mentioned it a few nights ago.  I'm sure the Giants will be right in the mix of things again this year.  Good luck!

Arla.....we all know that you can DO stuff!   And a lot of it, I might add!    And yes, 10 of them.....I can't evn imagine!

Hey Orange! 

I understand Jim is harvesting? 

Hey to evryone else.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Hey all

easy peazzy 3zee with Buddy boy tonight . A rare venture through the neighborhood ( asphalt to the school fields) left him wilted and tired. Longest he's been lately without a swim so I let him rest (pee on the bushes x18 and roll in the grass) then we walked home the last mile.

Heading out to PA tomorrow for a family reunion on my Mom's side. Have not seen these folks since we lost my Mom a few years ago. Picnic at a Bocce Club should be a fun one.

Have a fine weekend !

Hey Joe....enjoy the family time!

3 easy paced miles for me this morning.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hey hey! I got in a yoga class this morning AND a run, woohoo! 5.5 miles in the glorious sunshine. Great start to the weekend.

Joe - Have fun at the reunion.  Take lots of pics!

Ev - I've missed you around here.  Nice 3 today.

OM - Yoga AND running?  Nicely done!  And we actually have some blue sky today!  First time all week.  The sun hit my eyes and I was slightly stunned for a moment, trying to figure out what that yellow orb was in the sky.

18 leg killing trail miles this morning with Karen and Coach Bill.  Well, Coach did about 13.  He contemplated running the full 18, even though it wasn't on his schedule, but early in the run, he hit a root wrong and did decent little number on his ankle.  It was starting to bark at him when he decided to call it quits.

I wanted to call it quits around Mile 7.  My legs were like chunks of concrete all day.  It even got to where it was hard to go downhill - Horrors!   Oh well.  Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug.  I was the  proverbial bug today.

Now I'm off to work on conference crap, then we're suppose to fillet an albacore when The Hub gets off work, then we're suppose to go to a BBQ.  Glad I got a chocolate milkshake to fortify  myself.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dang.  No one around since yesterday afternoon??

I'm suppose to do 12 miles today.  So far that hasn't happened.  I slept in 'cause I was dog-tired, then The Hub and I went to breakfast, then drove inland to try and find the sun, at least briefly.  We bought some fresh veggies then headed back.  Didn't take long before we could see the HUGE fog bank enveloping the hills.  *sigh*  This like Day 3,520 in a row with sun. . . . . . or at least that's what it feels like.  On the way home, bought a new pair of road shoes and ordered a second (they rarely have 2 in my size in Mizunos).  Also stopped at a local sporting goods store for which I have a $170 gift card (now $147.92).  Felt too pressured with The Hub watching me, so only bought 2 pairs of a sox, and a clip for the mouth piece from my fluid bladder.  Will be able to clip it to the side of my vest instead of having it flopping around or tucked somewhere where it gets squashed then leaks.

Okay.  I gotta finish my transcription.  Then I gotta eat some spaghetti.  Then I gotta let that digest.  Then I gotta get my arse out there for my 12 miles. 

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sorry if we're making you talk to yourself, Leslie.  haven't started answering yet, have you?  I forget that you've got a few more hours of light than we do.  Enjoy the spagetti run.  Hope you don't have DLS like so many others today.  Although you would at least have a reasonable excuse after 18

5 long, slow, unsatisfying miles to day.   Friday, I had a great tempo run.  Today nothing--no energy, high HR for the slow pace.  I'm hoping that it was just that I realized at dinner time that I hadn't had anything to eat before then.  Life gets in the way at times.  Hope the stress goes away soon.

I've got a 5k on Thursday night that I felt really good about on Friday and now I'm wondering what I'll see.

Happy harvest, Jim.  whenever I feel busy, I just think about all that you do and w0onder what I do with all my time.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

jfa

Don't sweat it Kevin. Like Leslie so eloquently put it, today you were the bug. (nice new avatar) .And don't sweat it yourself Leslie , you're deserving some fatigue with what you're doing.

Had a fun time seeing some cousins. Bittersweet because a trip there includes putting flowers on Mom's spot and having a good cry. I'm the one closest so I have been out there on Mom's Day and her birthdays. This time it was with one of my NH sisters who has not been back there since the funeral. Glad to have provided a good shoulder for her.

Unfortunately, Kevin, I talk to myself all the time.  Ask questions and answer them.  Could be a problem in old age.   And yeah, not eating during the day can cause a bit of difficulty when it comes time to run.

Joe - I rarely get back down to Cambria where my mom is buried.  Every time I do, though, I visit her and spend a good amount of time crying, and she's been gone 21 years now.  Wow.  Sometimes it just doesn't seem possible it's been that long.  And I still miss her.  I was 23 when she died, so we never got to know one another as adults.  I often wonder what it would've been like to be friends instead of just mother/daughter.

Got in 10 of the scheduled 12 in my brand new shoes, sans inhaler (that sure wasnt' fun) which included the mile-long hill.  Even though it was 2 miles short, it was a hillier route than I would've done, so I'm giving it an "A" for effort.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance