Masters Running

Men's or Mixed Grand Masters team for RTB-MA 2014? (Read 19 times)

Latent Runner

Hey gang,

In lieu of doing the RTB-MA with another young "ultra" team (they don't have a Grand Masters Ultra category), I think I'd like to try my hand at racing with a regular 12-runner Grand Masters team for RTB-MA 2014.  I'm thinking it would be cool to assemble 12 of us 50+ folks and show the young'uns how its done.  Smile

With the above said, I was wondering if any of y'all were thinking to form a team.

Regards,

Dale

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
    • 2-mile: 13:49
    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
    • 5-Mile: 37:24
    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

an amazing likeness

Interested...a little less interested due to MA over RTB NH...but keep me in mind as you work your list.  Or...how about Fred Brown Winni Relay ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Latent Runner

Regarding the RTB, I am planning on doing the September RTB-NH with the same (young, full of twenty and early thirty somethings, errr, except for me) ultra team I did it with this year and was thinking to change things up a bit for the May RTB-MA event by finding/forming a Grand Masters team.

Regarding the Fred Brown Winni Relay, I've never heard of that relay before (not too surprising as I'd never heard of RTB until three days before I ran in it); I just looked at their web site and think it might make for a great warm-up for RTB-NH.  Smile

I'll keep you posted on any plans or team info.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
        • 2-mile: 13:49
        • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
        • 5-Mile: 37:24
        • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
        • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
        • Half Marathon: 1:42:13