Masters Running

Sunday 10/14 Fall is Here! (Read 40 times)

Joe618

Five miles for me this morning.  

I like running.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I like running.

We are a lot alike.

It snowed this morning, so much that it left a white blanket of snow on the grass...but it warmed up and it is all gone.

I finished writing a poem for our end of season cross country banquet next month.  I usually wait until the last minute, but I had an idea and couldn't stop.  It feels good to be done.

I went 8 miles, today.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, tired this morning so shorter run, 3.5 miles, easy pace.  Busy day at work afterwards.

Have a great night everyone!

I like running, too. Too bad I didn't get a chance to do some today.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'll third that and I did.  yet another lake loop in IRC of 45F, sunny, and not much breeze.  Not as fast as yesterday, but not too bad.  First day with gloves.  Also the first day the heat came on.  Could be Fall.  May have to go to the attic for some more warm gear.

Also hit up my Skechers outlet to replace an aged out pair.  They seem to have cut back dramatically on the performance selection.  The kid that I asked said it's likely to continue.  Bummer.  Really like not paying full price.  Did end up with a pair of GoMeb Razors that seem pretty nice this morning.  I do like getting a pair of $125 shoes for $30. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Also hit up my Skechers outlet to replace an aged out pair.  They seem to have cut back dramatically on the performance selection.  The kid that I asked said it's likely to continue.  Bummer.  Really like not paying full price.  Did end up with a pair of GoMeb Razors that seem pretty nice this morning.  I do like getting a pair of $125 shoes for $30. 

Did someone say Skechers? 

I broke down and paid $60 for a new pair of GoRun Ultra Road2 a couple months ago. Grivet Outdoors online. So far they haven't started showing up at my local outlet, BUT I did pick up a pair of GoRun6 at Ross for $27. I don't like them as much as the 5, mainly because of the knit upper, but they're perfectly fine. If I come across more in my size I'll stock up. My outlet has the GoRun Ride7 for $85, not a good deal in my opinion. Also a knit upper, so it's not the best thing for my supinating feet.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mariposai

Did someone say Skechers? 

I broke down and paid $60 for a new pair of GoRun Ultra Road2 a couple months ago. Grivet Outdoors online. So far they haven't started showing up at my local outlet, BUT I did pick up a pair of GoRun6 at Ross for $27. I don't like them as much as the 5, mainly because of the knit upper, but they're perfectly fine. If I come across more in my size I'll stock up. My outlet has the GoRun Ride7 for $85, not a good deal in my opinion. Also a knit upper, so it's not the best thing for my supinating feet.

You are so cool! Way to score on the deals!

Today I decided to just let all my work plans go to the side and to just enjoy the gorgeous fall weather. The Easy Pacer and I did run for 4 miles late this afternoon. Then we came home to work together to cook dinner. Lovely and relaxing dinner on the deck followed by a few hours of chatting and planning the next few weeks of our busy lives.

Ohh, and I did sign up for a marathon at the end of the month Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Steve McQeen's first staring role was in The Blob released in 1958. The last line indicated everything would be alright as long as the polar ice caps didn't melt.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ohh, and I did sign up for a marathon at the end of the month Smile

Nice
                    very nice chance to do one on your own.
                    especially nicer if it happens to be the run

at the end every October around-and-around

the perimeter of Carkeek Park with someone

who may have mentioned it before.  
                    Kind of like “Let’s-Climb-a-Mountain” was.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

Steve McQeen's first staring role was in The Blob released in 1958. The last line indicated everything would be alright as long as the polar ice caps didn't melt.

"What are they gonna do with that thing, Dave?

Well, the Air Force is sending a Globemaster in. They're flying it to the Arctic.

It's not dead, is it?

No, it's not. Just frozen. I don't think it can be killed. But at least we've got it stopped.

Yeah, as long as the Arctic stays cold."

(The internet is amazing sometimes.   )

Be safe. Be kind.