Masters Running

Thursday, 6.23.16 (Read 33 times)

OMG!  Another one!  You must be really fast if you have 4 legs....

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Does Kate know what caused her injury?
      I don’t reall WC knows hers but, unless they’re chasing after a World Trail Running Championship or something, trail runners seem to avoid injuries by not taking bad risks and adapting to more rugged terrain and hour-after-hour of running all day and night, by embracing moderate paces that are less prone to headers, muscle strain, under-nutrition, etc. that may result in injuries.  
      However, as much as I like thongs,
      it’s a good thing they didn’t have beach volleyball
      in 776BC when the Olympics started and they didn’t have any.
      Though I’ve been somewhat of a scoffer too,
      it doesn’t get much more athletic than the flat-out,
      lay-out picture amy posted. I'd like to see the next one.

Good luck to your friend.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet - I don't know what caused her injury, but if I understood Karen correctly, her AT is calcifying and the calcification is threatening to cut her AT.  I don't know what symptoms she started with, but by the end it was hurting pretty bad from one ankle bone around the back to the other ankle bone.  Karen finally told her to either get it checked or quit complaining.  Three months later, she finally got an MRI and it showed that things are pretty bad.  They may have to actually break her heel to fix whatever the exact issue is.  She'll be on crutches for 8-12 weeks, then in a boot for another couple (few?) months and slowly starts back with PT from there.  The docs told her she was out of running for a year, but if she's good and does everything she's supposed to, she should be up and running again with no problems.  I'm seeing them this weekend, so i'll hopefully get clearer details.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Kate, unfortunately, is out of running for at least a year.  Long story short, she has been ignoring an AT problem over the past 8+ months to the point they now have to do major surgery on her, including possibly breaking her heel.  No running or pushing off activity with that foot until the surgery, either, because she's in danger of having her AT rupture.   Right???  It's definitely a case of if you have a nagging issue, go get it checked out!  And for crying out loud, she's a doctor!

Okay, I am resting, I am resting......and will NOT complain over a few weeks off....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."