Masters Running

Monday, 3.6.17 (Read 36 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

wildchild - count me in on your next van trip.

In 1983, we used short sojourn in WDC as an excuse to buy a Dodge van

in Seattle, load in the kids (10-and-11yo), drive across the top of the country

to Maine, down to the DC assignment with a return across the bottom

of the country and back to Seattle.

Hard to believe that, since I'd already run that year's titular annual 26.2 miles

I was doing in those days, I had no interest in running when we were in NYC

and saw the NYC Marathon. However, watching Rod Dixon (NZ) pass

Geoff Smith (UK) in the last 400 meters was worth it.

Sold the van in Seattle for more than we bought it.

Sounds like an excellent adventure, Tet, and one I'm sure the kids remember!  And hey - I met Rod Dixon (NZ) a few years back in Boulder, at Lorraine Moller's house (also a NZ marathon medalist!)   I went to Boulder to meet up with an RA virtual friend, wannaberunner (remember her?) who was taking a Lydiard training class from Lorraine, who invited everyone to her house after class.  She had her Olympic medal on her mantel!

I hope that when we decide to sell the Sprinter van, we get more than we paid for it!  Of course, we've fixed it up a lot - it was an empty cargo van, and now it's all built out as a camper.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Dave59, there's a holiday I can fully support.

RunnerKSA, Nevada sounds nice.

Love the picture of Tag, Honey and friends in the truck! Steve, how did you fit? 

Only once did I open the door before completely taking off the seat belt. I grump at them all to get into the back. Then we play, "Keep your damn tongue outta my ear!".

The dog and I got out for a bit. I forgot the Garmin. Did you know that even with out them, a person is still capable of running?  I'm not sure what to make of this tree.

My knee jerk reaction is that it was a lightning strike.

After we got home, Tag and I worked on a new trick.

SteveP

Dave59

Tramps--I wish I had a cool story about being kicked out of the bar.  I was there...drinking...having a good time...drinking...laughing...drinking...talking louder than I usually do...drinking...and, from out of nowhere, the manager came over and said we had to stop drinking.  I said, "okay"...or something like that...then she told me we had to leave.

Maybe it was closing time.

Holly, that is why I always take my phone out of my back pocket before lowering my pants.

I'm going to pretend I never read this . . . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance