Masters Running

Donna - a little better (Read 221 times)

TomD

The nights are still by the far the worst, but they are becoming better. The heart ache is still very difficult. It is nice to have the kids back, but 4 of them are still hiding. One was with me all night and the other 2 off and on. We all miss Donna. At times it seems like I will never stop crying. Donna may be in a better place, but I know she missing the kids and me. I can not help thinking she will walk through that door anytime and hold me, kiss me, and let me know everything is all right, that this never really happened. She will assure me this was all a very bad dream. Donna would say, "I Love you munches and munches and munches. I Love you more than you love me." All this seems so unreal. Dealing with the bills and explaining this over and over and over again takes its toll on me. Today I need several things before work, that I have put off to long. I do not need to have some basic services turned off. TomD
      That's it Tom---hang in there. The routine of life doesn't heal the heart, but it can give you a focus and basic services are important. Keep reaching out, keep writing and we'll be right here. Karin
      wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, hugs to you and your kitties. I'm sure you all give each other comfort as you share your grief.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Keep the posts coming, Tom. Also, take care of yourself and the routine things that seem so unimportant right now. We remain with you in our thoughts. TomS
          coastwalker

Hi Tom, You're making good progress in finding your way through the most difficult time. Just like running, it'll come one step at a time. It is good that you have the 'kids' back; take care of them, and they'll help take care of you. Cats are very good like that. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

I, too, was thinking of the kitties, and glad you have them back to help give you some comfort. Sometimes our little furry friends can really help with heart-healing.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

nowor

Tom, Yep, we all need basic services and bills are NOT easy ever. Push on. Sorry that the hospice limits their grievance support to those that were enrolled. Did they suggest any other group? If not, call them back and ask for other groups. Some other possibilities: call the hospital or Donna's doctor's office. Also try the Cancer Society. If you or your friends have a church ask them for how to get some assistance. Good to hear from you. Sue