Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 5.29.18 (Read 37 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, Alberto rolled through Montgomery this morning so I slept in until time for work.  Went out after work under threatening skies.  It did eventually rain some, but not until I had done 4 slow miles.

Results finally posted this afternoon.  OA I was 255 of 1783; chip time 49:43; AG was 14 of 116.  Not too bad but I really do need to just let the knee heal.

Have a great night everyone!

TammyinGP

a Tahiti is a one or two person inflatable kayak raft - that's made for river and white water rafting, so pretty durable. Perhaps Tahiti is the brand name but I guess it's like "kleenex" in that the brand name just becomes synonymous with what it is. Since we are in a big summer adventure/river rafting area, it's a fairly common term we use and I forget maybe it's not that common elsewhere. 

no run for me tonight. just wasn't feeling the running vibe. although perhaps if I had forced myself out there I would have found the vibe. And tomorrow is our last evening awards/event type thing to attend. Spring Sports Awards night.

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, so sorry about that, and hope David is ok. That can really affect a young person. And just tragic for the person who died and their family. Geez, it was supposed to be a fun day.

Surly Bill, I feel for ya and I can relate. It feels like it's taking me so long to recover my running fitness. I feel like I've "lost my legs." I'm sure it'll come back, but the thought of doing a 20 mile hilly training run for my September marathon is just daunting. Gotta get back out there though, right?

I'm glad I took Sunday off. Got a ton of cleaning done in the apartment with DH and it was really good to do that together. On Monday, I got about half the garden in, maybe a bit more, and some flowers planted. Ran 5.1 miles to test the leg (mostly fine) and get some miles in on a nice day off (and take a gardening break). Today I ran 5.8 miles at lunch and planted two more rows (carrots and a row of greens: mesclun lettuce mix, spinach, kale and swiss chard) and watered everything thoroughly.

Time to stop pretending it's an anomaly when high and accept that it's always high... cardiologist consult today ended up with a Lisinopril prescription. Dang it.

SteveP

harmless, but very annoying

I want this on my tomb stone.

Tammy, that is a sad and sobering reminder.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

However, got off the 5pm bus to see a mom with little 2-yo or so lad with perfectly combed hair in a stroller breaking out into the biggest smile and waving his arms wildly when daddy got off the bus right behind me.  Glad the world's still okay in some important regards that will never change.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."