Masters Running

40s+ On the Run - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (W/E 12/27/08) (Read 477 times)

Afternoon to everyone! No running to report.....was going to try out the knee situatiion today but I've been sick with a nasty cold. So NOW I have to wait until I can freaking breathe before I give it a go. Sore throat, stuffy head, horrible cough, Oh my! Been busy with all the holiday hoopla like most of you! I'll be keeping in touch whether I get any runs in or not this week so take care all and keep on runnin"! So whether you're getting in short runs, long runs or no runs keep on posting! We like to hear about other exciting things like the "state of Leslie's hubs underwear". I swear I almost pee'd my pants when I read that! Big grin Have a super day.......Jewels P.S. To wildchild, woot woot to your daughter on her C25K accomplishments!
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
      Ev - Oh yeah, he's been to OK, and that's an embarrassing story as well. He and a friend flew back there a couple of years ago and went to an OU game. Let's just say too much alcohol was involved <shaking>. And my daddy was born in OK City and my mom was from TX. Jewels - I try very hard to make you smile. If you pee your pants at the same time, well, then I've more than accomplished my mission. Big grin Wildchild - Stop by more often. The more the merrier! Tuff, tuff run this morning. Went out to Headwaters, which has a lot of climbing after the first 3 miles. Add into that slippery, snotty mud and yesterday's strength training - Ugh! My legs are toast, not to mention I have a nasty blister on the side of my left big toe. Right under a callous. I'm gonna have to work on getting rid of that callous. It's definitely becoming a problem. Now that I've filled my tummy, I'm feeling better and am ready to go to the movies. Hope you all are having a good weekend!</shaking>

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

I didn't know your husband has been to Oklahoma?
        Good One Evryday! You crack me up! Hi Carolyn and Tim! Nice to see you around. Kelly-Great going on your grades and Good Luck with your goals! Carol- Love the "Jihad" clothes.Don't scream it too loud, your neighbors might get alarmed! Shocked Jewels-hope you shed that cold quickly! Leslie-I noticed some new goals for you?!Good luck with all of them! Jim-nice running and glad your temps have eased. Trying to stear clear from the computer this w/e. Lots of fun with the family and kids and running a few times. Mild temps have me in t-shirt and shorts 3 days in a row! Enjoy your weekends!!!

flatland mountaineer

Was gonna do 2 this morning, dressed and got to the edge of our tree row windbreak and was hit with a blast of cold air from a frigid NW wind. Shocked Give me a calm zero degree day anytime over that stuff. Tried to HTFU but not into it this morning so came back and ran a few boring but icy 1/3 mile laps around our farmyard. I needed 1/2 mile to give me 15 for the week so did about 0.8 and headed for the barn (house). Tommorow looks good for a long run body parts wise and weatherwise, warmer temps and little wind . I am wanting to make a bolt cabinet in the shop but I am so unmotivated. I bought the stuff to do it last winter..........Neighbor will run my truck for me next week, don't know if they will take corn NY day. We will be pretty busy next week with year end, but after I wanta head to the mtns for a little fun time. Ev, I never been to England but I been to Oklahoma. Wink Leslie I figure the sight of a nearly 50 yr old farmer guy in tights will scare the neighbors bad enough without running in anything less Big grin and I don't get why you were throwing out your husbands perfectly good underwear????? Wink Wink MTA to tell Jewels to get well and tell Joe I have weather envy! Smile Carol Jihad underwear Big grin

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

r2....They tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember. Big grin Man, I've got to get a run in....maybe tomorrow.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Ultrachick

So whether you're getting in short runs, long runs or no runs keep on posting! We like to hear about other exciting things like the "state of Leslie's hubs underwear". I swear I almost pee'd my pants when I read that! Big grin
              Sounds like you could use some new underwear as well! Big grin Looks like Joe's mild temps are going to hit here tomorrow-spend the day skiing and then run in shorts in VT in Dec? Just doesn't seem right. Great weekend all! Kelly
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.