Masters Running

(((Nonoruns))) (Read 248 times)

My sympathies go out to you. Thanks for sharing the photo of your father with us - he looks great in it. {{{Nono}}}

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Head Procrastinator

My condolences Nono, keeping your family in my good thoughts. Thanks for posting the picture here Holly.
      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
        Very sorry for your loss and the sadness. Sincerely, A
        Masters 2000 miles
          Nono - I'm very sorry. This is so difficult for you and your family, but we are all thinking of you. I love the picture of your dad on the water.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Nono, please accept my condolences, also. I will be thinking about your family.
            arf

MM #405

{{{ Nono }}} I am so sorry for your loss.. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, arf
                Nono - I'm am so sorry to hear of your loss. Cherish the many memories that you have, he sure looks like a grat guy in that photo out on the water! I wish that I had just one memory like that of my own dad (he died when I was just 13 months old). It sure sounds like you are at peace with his passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
                  Nono so sorry for your loss. Cry Cherish the good memories & continue live a good and full life. Hopefully Dad died full of love & proud of what he left behind (that's you) Peace be with you.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Renee the dog

Thanks everyone and {{{{{RA Masters Runners}}}}}}. I guess I have been through a lot, but I feel like the most blessed person out there. I'm in a good place. I'll miss my Dad, but he's been difficult and not the same the last couple years, so it was a clear indication that his time was coming. I got a chance to still enjoy him, but experience the coming separation already. He got to know and love his grandchildren. Together, we packed a whole lot into the almost 44 years we knew each other. I realize that was a tremendous gift, so I never want to get greedy and think, "Oh, if I could have had more time." I got more time than most people get. I wouldn't be the athlete today without him. He's the one who supported my swimming all those years. He's the one who would drive me skiing every weekend and go with me no matter what the weather. (Really, did we need to ski in the rain as much as we did? Probably not, but we had a whole lot of fun anyway!) He's the one who would get up at 6:30 a.m. while visiting me and watch the kids so I could go run when my husband was away. I guess I was so frustrated with him recently (and expressing it on the daily) because I could see the decline and know that it had to be hard on him too. While he had a zest for being active, he didn't have the discipline to routinely work out. I will work to combine those two qualities to teach to my kids. I think that would be the best legacy I could give to our family. Now, just to get through the funeral on Saturday and see all his friends. There will be lots of laughter and crazy stories for sure. Smile Again thanks everyone for the kind words here and in the daily thread. I'll be out there later tonight and get around to posting my run then. I am thinking I'm still doing my 10K race on Sunday morning. Maybe Dad will come along with me and finally get to see what I'm out there doing now and why I like it so much.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

nowor

Nonoruns, What wise words you've given us. Soak in every story of your dad. Clearly you know how proud he was of you!