Masters Running

Thu April 3 Runs and Workouts (Read 546 times)

JJJ-you rock! 10 easy for me, with 5 done with DS2 riding along on his bike-fun bonding time chatting away...
      JJJ - so happy you like Godzilla! I had a toy model like the one you described (my oldest bro made off with it somewhere). I will look at your photos when I get home (can't see them here). Funny story about the ballet beauty. Blush BTB how awful to have to pull out your own accupuncture needles. I can't imagine 2 hours on ellipiticals. I would be rudely saluting that machine every 5 minutes. Yes I had a "nice workout" Tongue yesterday. Your math teacher with the Godzilla theme sounds like a real nutjob. eliz4015, I hope you are having a better job day today. I'm stuck in my cube cage but will go out later for an easy 4 miler at the beach. Hope I get to see a running dachsund again but it's usually either well behaved big dogs or nasty roach-sized dogs who go right for the ankles while their mommies yell something silly like "it's ok, he's just playing". Yeah, RIGHT, lady... I eat dogs, just remember that. Tongue Evil grin
      SteveP

I went out for a run at 6:15 AM—breezy and 60F, rain on the way, but no complaints. The hotel tucked a running map into my keycard folder (probably do that for all here, but I pretended I was special) and I did their 5 mile loop twice for 10 miles in 1:24:28 (with a 7:08 mile 6 just 'cuz) and then some strides on the beach ! Wheee! That was fun. CNYrunner
        You are special
        Good morning everyone! Smile Steve- And what the hell kind of video was that??? Make it a great day, everyone! Smile
        There's some things I choose not to post cause they're strange. Heal fast Bob. Awww JJJ...How Kewl
        Kevin, you're right, it is quilted. DW, has that done by machine. Her focus is the piece work. She's been at it for15 years. This is actually a hooded robe. It has a twin brother too. I'm awfully proud of her. Big grin Image and video hosting by TinyPic
        Now that's a costume!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to SeeMom!!!!!!!!! The company that made the 'Zilla models went out,Dromedary..Kinda makes me sad. Them were kewl I felt poorly today. Ugh. I didn't run. Still got fired up over the interview and assesment today. The math and the mechanical were easy. The personality part of the assesment though. Tight lipped It was mostly how I get along with co workers. And it was multiple guess. A,B,C&D. No problem. Except, not one of the choices was ever "Kick them in the nards". So i'm not sure how I did. Company A wants me in tomorrow for a third interview and to fill out paper work. Sweet. DS made dinner tonight. His first time!!!. He called me 4 times to ask advice. Sweet. It was greta!!! As he is.

SteveP

btb...I'd rather be chasin' the nado than runnin' from it! bc...that was the mother of all tornadoes I believe. Many were affected by it's destruction. Hope you were not one of them. I'm glad at least that you made it through it. The bad weather missed okc...at least the western part. I got my 6 miler in at Lake Olverholser. It was beautiful with calm winds on the 3.1 out. Then the cold front came in and the wind picked up to 30-35 I swear it was! Wind in my face for 3.1 back. I smiled, saw the beauty, and ducked my head and headed for home. J3 that is one nice robe...you said you are proud...and you should be! gppd runs to all!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

but it's usually either well behaved big dogs or nasty roach-sized dogs who go right for the ankles while their mommies yell something silly like "it's ok, he's just playing". Yeah, RIGHT, lady... I eat dogs, just remember that. Tongue Evil grin
            Big grin Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

GreenMan

YEAH! STEVEP
              Hope I get to see a running dachsund again but it's usually either well behaved big dogs or nasty roach-sized dogs who go right for the ankles while their mommies yell something silly like "it's ok, he's just playing". Yeah, RIGHT, lady... I eat dogs, just remember that. Tongue Evil grin
              LOL, I like mine with Sriracha sauce. I did run, finally. Rain stopped just as I was getting ready. .9 miles easy .1 miles hard X 6 with a 14min walk mile in the middle plus walk up and walk down = 7.9 miles total JJJ
              Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ok, I had the "recovery special" tonight...I ran till I felt good, and had my running legs, then stopped and walked home....3.2 miles in about 30 minutes. I actually have not ran just 3 miles in about 2 years and it felt strange when I got home...I felt kinda guilty for not feeling spent and running further(just about turned around and did another loop). But as I sit here after cleaning up and eating, I feel great. On my run tonight, I thought about the one's who are going to go through the "taper crazies", and how we better set up a good support group to help with the...bad moods, anxiety, did I train enough, why am I cranky, my spouse is wondering what's wrong with me, nightmares, wanting to go out for that last long run to prove your really ready....you get the idea. Hang in there all racers....you have trained and are ready to "ROCK" what ever race you have!!!! Have a wonderful night all. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

Hi llene! how's your shoulder? remember the movie 'what's up doc'? you're upside down. Big grin one more Yeah SteveP!! jjj, very nice. hi dr. dale, yippee. time for a run, & time with son. Smile evryday, I have to go back & read about your tornado. but not tonight. dromedary. i love your posts.
                    Easy 3.6 miles today after 8.1 miles last night with middle 5 at tempo. Then went to umpire high school baseball my other pastime. Berger thanks for the monthly report. Bob save an elliptical by getting well soon, please. Our Boston Bound Boomers are lookin good...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Rest day was too too nice--4.31 easy ones after work! night! A
                      Masters 2000 miles
                        today - not so good.............I AMHURTING!! Cry went out for my run - legs felt junky - nothing bad just not great, took about a mile or so to loosen up......doing ok - then approaching 3rd mile and started having a PAIN IN MY BUTT!! sort of like sciatica but not exactly - jogged, stopped stretched, walked, jogged - felt lousy but had to make it back to the gym where my car was parked - totalled 4 miles...........went inside - stretched, rode the bike for 20 minutes to see if it would loosen up, stretched some more - felt AWFUL!! Sad called my friend who is a chiropractor - he told me to come right over -- did some stretches and bends for him, then he adjusted me (first time an adjustment ever hurt) and stretched my tight hamstrings ---- well i am still hurting - he said i have inflammation of the sacro-iliac joint (sp) not sciatica - told me to ice it, keep it moving and come back and see him tomorrow...........this is truly a PAIN IN THE BUTT!! hurts to walk - i just want to cry right now!! Cry holly - duck tours are great, not sure which bus tours to recommend but i can look into it - early dinner would be great.....Maggiano's is awesome and right across from your hotel - or if you've heard of some place else you'd like to try let me know ..... we should do reservations early i think too and Bob/BTB- Mike's Pastries can definitely be on the to do list!!

denise

JJJ, I finally got to see your pictures. What a lovely robe! heheehhe I will have to try that special sauce you mentioned Tongue. I just like soy sauce. No snarling roachie dogs today, but I did run 4 miles at 11:15 min/mile pace (which includes 2 walk breaks (to avoid running into bunches of people) and even stopping to give tourists directions to another beach). No sore legs, and no wheezing lungs sounding like a badly tuned bass clarinet (more like English horn today). It was a great run Smile. It's wonderful when everything works on the body; I appreciate it so much. Thank you dg Big grin! deez4boys, could your pain be the piriformis? I remember SLOJim had a lot of trouble with that last year.
                          evanflein

7.07 miles, first 5 miles or so kinda too fast, but mainly included some sprints up some hills which was fun. Then DH met me with about 2 miles to go, and we jogged back to my car together. I wore shorts! That was so neat... ran across snow patches in shorts... hee! A little chilly as the sun went behind clouds, but still nice to do. As for Boston, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Brookline... it seems sorta out of the way from where I think others are staying. Not sure what to do till the race... or where to go for dinner Sunday night? Ideas?
                            PJH

As for Boston, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Brookline... it seems sorta out of the way from where I think others are staying. Not sure what to do till the race... or where to go for dinner Sunday night? Ideas?
                              Hi Erika - My DW and I will also be staying at the Brookline along with another of my running buddies and her family. Maybe we'll get a chance to say 'hello' while we're there. We haven't gotten together yet to discuss specific plans. One of our group who stayed at the Holiday Inn last year said that the hotel went out of their way to arrange a special shuttle to the start that saved a lot of hazzle getting there. I'm anxious to see if they will be doing it again this year. PJ