Masters Running

Some Day of the Week Daily 11/14 (Read 36 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

What else do people do when they’re retired and in their mid 80’s??

It couldn't get much better than being able to say the same someday too.

In fact, it doesn't get much better than being able to say it right now.

Sounds like a good title for a new poem too.

I guess I'm with Holly in being out-of-the-generational-insult loop (except I'm not going to google it to find out) but, based on my limited experience at insulting others and vast experience in getting insulted, I'd say these people have a lot to learn about effective insults.

Here's the breakdown of generational insults from other generations:

Boomer: OK Boomer

GenX: Karen

GenY: OK Liberal

GenZ: OK Edgelord

Dave - especially if you can time them to when you need them, monthly gratis massages sound great. However, might be the same as I was thinking when the $10 copay for 25 acupuntures that I did a few of last year were eliminated so I could do all 25 for free this year, . . . but, now that they are free, I guess, I still haven't done a single one. Otherwise, with regard to massages, unless there's another marathon the next day or something, massages seem kind of like cheating to get rid of soreness that I kind of like, especially nowadays when most things that would get me sore enough to benefit from a massage, e.g. effortless double marathons from ages past,  are too hard to do anyway.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

Steve, perhaps that photo explains why Dunkin' runs so much when he's outside????

One mile of swimming = Four miles of running?????    That makes no sense to me at all, given water resistance and overall workout.

I find generational discussions disheartening, as the generalizations are so broad and often lead to unhelpful insults.  Young or old...do your job.  Be respectful.   Be mindful.   Full Stop. 

Got in a very pleasant 5 1/4 miles after work this afternoon as the sun went down.   33F but little wind, so I went out in shorts and that was terrific.   Sorted through some gnarly work stuff from the day as I ran, which was constructive. 

Enjoy your Friday all!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, no run this morning and a cold rain started before I could get in my run so I used the treadmill in the hangar.  Had enough time for 5 miles then headed to the apartment.  Had student tonight so taught spin.  Heading to bed soon so I can (possibly) run before teaching the 5:15 AM spin class.

Twocat, almost every base has a road network around the airfield and taxiways/aircraft parking area, etc.  We can't run on the runway itself....well, I guess I could but base operations and security forces probably wouldn't let me get too too far!    The roads do tend to be close to the approaches so many times I've been right underneath different aircraft taking off or landing.

Have a greta night everyone!

In case you missed it, today is National Pickle Day.

Here's Pickles doing her #1 favorite thing for the last 18 years:

Image may contain: table and indoor

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP

6.3 miles tonight. 3.3 solo and then another 3 with the running group.

Tammy

evanflein

National Pickle Day? Who knew? So tomwhite has Pickles the spouse... and Bill has Pickles the pooch. Gotta remember to keep those straight!

I don't understand all the generational things. I'm inundated with all these e-mails about webinars, white papers, survey results and reports about how to manage and communicate to all the different generations. Geez. I think someone has come up with a fantastic marketing concept for raising consulting and communication dollars. For pete's sake, we're a university. If you can't learn by reading, checking out websites and attending live presentations, why are we employing you?? And if you can't take responsibility for your own life stuff, WTH, really? Grow up.

Maybe I'm just grouchy. It's windy and snowy and there are drifts all over and I can't stand wind in the summer so I sure as hell can't stand it in the winter. It'll be like this tomorrow, too. And being the weekend, there'll be no plows out till next week. So yeah, I'm a little grouchy. Got home later than I wanted but still got in 5.3 treadmill miles tonight. Will do more tomorrow. Can't wait to go to Hawaii in (too many) weeks.

SteveP

Thanks for the start TwoCat.

Holly, I'm glad the pain is easing up.

AnneB, good call with the ice.

Joe618: 

I struggled getting up because I was so dang comfortable in bed, 

very jealous.

Erica, I think I'll put up a run for when it's too dang cold to walk the mutt or when we can't watch him like a hawk. We have enough acreage to where it's a shame he can't explore.

I don't understand all the generational things. I'm inundated with all these e-mails about webinars, white papers, survey results and reports about how to manage and communicate to all the different generations. Geez. I think someone has come up with a fantastic marketing concept for raising consulting and communication dollars. For pete's sake, we're a university. If you can't learn by reading, checking out websites and attending live presentations, why are we employing you?? And if you can't take responsibility for your own life stuff, WTH, really? Grow up.

nailed it.

TammyinGP, fatty deposits aren't so scary.

I want to be like Henrun when I grow up.

Karen Surly Bill, Snork.

I got three on the mill.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I don't understand all the generational things.

Me, neither.  Just seems like more reasons to insult each other - don't we have enough of those already?

And, while she has a great cause, I just find Greta Thunberg annoying as all get out.

Erika - no plows on the weekend?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hey! You kids! Get off my lawn!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Me, neither.  Just seems like more reasons to insult each other - don't we have enough of those already?

And, while she has a great cause, I just find Greta Thunberg annoying as all get out.

Erika - no plows on the weekend?

I find Greta Thunberg to be courageous. Speaking truth to power as a teenager on the spectrum. We need adults to be so brave.

But. Hey. We'll be dead when Greta's worst fears come true.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

We need adults to be so brave.

True, but she is just so, so angry and self-righteous.

And yes, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

True, but she is just so, so angry and self-righteous.

And yes, GET OFF MY LAWN!

And a child